Daily Current Affairs 6 June 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 6 June 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 6 June 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 6 June 2019 Current affairs test.
1. First project in India to receive power from waste-to-energy plant
- Delhi Metro has started receiving 2 MW power from a ‘Waste-to-Energy Plant’ (12 MW Capacity) in Ghazipur.
- Delhi Metro has become the first ever project in India to have power from waste-to-energy plant.
- The Delhi Metro is a rapid transit system serving Delhi and its satellite cities of Gurgaon, Noida, Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Bahadurgarh and Ballabhgarh, in the National Capital Region of India.
2. Dinyar Contractor passes away
- Dinyar Contractor was an Indian stage actor, comedian and Bollywood/Tollywood actor.
- He acted in Gujarati theatre and Hindi theatre, as well as Hindi movies. He started acting at school and began his professional career in 1966.
3. ‘Yoga Locator’ App
- Ministry of AYUSH has launched ‘Yoga Locator’ App to locate yoga centres, instructors.
- The Ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy, abbreviated as AYUSH, is a governmental body in India purposed with developing, education and research in the field of alternative medicines including ayurveda, yoga, unani, naturopathy, siddha and homoeopathy.
- Shripad Yesso Naik is an Indian politician and the Union Minister of State in the Ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy and Minister of State for Defence.
1. Global Disability Summit
- The 2nd edition of ‘Global Disability Summit’ will be held in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment Thaawarchand Gehlot will led the Indian Delegation.
2. G20 Finance Ministers Meet
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman will attend the meeting of G-20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors at Fukuoka in Japan.
- The G20 is an international forum for the governments and central bank governors from 19 countries and the European Union.
- Chairperson: Shinzō Abe || Founder: Group of Seven || Founded: 26 September 1999 || Formation: 26 September 1999
3. Global Leadership Awards 2019
- Global Leadership Awards 2019 will be presented by Washington-based US-India Business Council (USIBC).
- Google CEO Sundar Pichai and Nasdaq President Adena Friedman have been chosen for Global Leadership Awards 2019.
- The Nasdaq Stock Market is an American stock exchange. It is the second-largest stock exchange in the world by market capitalization, behind only the New York Stock Exchange located in the same city.
4. ‘Traffic Index-2018’
- ‘Traffic Index-2018’ was compiled by ‘TomTom’,a Consumer electronics company.
- Mumbai had the worst traffic congestion in 2018.
- 2. Bogota of Colombia
- 3. Lima of Peru
- 4. Delhi
- TomTom N.V. is a Dutch multinational developer & creator of navigation technology and consumer electronics. Founded in 1991 and headquartered in Amsterdam, TomTom released its first generation of satellite navigation devices to market in 2004.
1. RBI Monitory Policy
- RBI has changed policy stance to accommodative from neutral.
- Repo Rate :- 5.75%
- Reverse Repo Rate :- 5.50 %
- Marginal Standing Facility Rate :- 6.0%
- Bank Rate :- 6.0%
- CRR :- 4 %
- SLR :- 19.25%
2. World Bank’ GDP Outlook
- World Bank has cut Global Growth Rate Forecast to 2.6% for 2019.
- World Bank has projected Growth Rate of India at 7.5% for FY19-20.
- The World Bank is an international financial institution that provides loans to countries for the purpose of pursuing capital projects. It comprises two institutions: the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development, and the International Development Association.
3. NEFT, RTGS transaction charges
- RBI has removed charges levied for transactions processed in RTGS and NEFT to boost digital transactions.
- Real-time gross settlement systems are specialist funds transfer systems where the transfer of money or securities takes place from one bank to any other bank on a “real time” and on a “gross” basis.
- National Electronic Funds Transfer is an electronic funds transfer system maintained by the Reserve Bank of India. Started in November 2005, the setup was established and maintained by Institute for Development and Research in Banking Technology.
4. Economic Census
- The 7th Economic Census (7th EC) will carried out soon.
- Implementing Agency:- Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation with CSC e-Governance Services India Limited.
- Indian economic census is the census of the Indian economy through counting all entrepreneurial units in the country which involved in any economic activities of either agricultural or non-agricultural sector which engaged in production and/or distribution of goods and/or services not for the sole purpose of own consumption.
- First Economic Census :- 1977 || Sixth Economic Census :- 2013
1. Cantor Fitzgerald U21 International Title
- Indian Junior Women’s Hockey Team has clinched Cantor Fitzgerald U21 International title defeating Ireland in the finals.
- Hockey is a sport in which two teams play against each other by trying to manoeuvre a ball or a puck into the opponent’s goal using a hockey stick. There are many types of hockey such as bandy, field hockey, and ice hockey.
2. Most Capped India player in Football
- Sunil Chhetri with 108th appearance has become the most Capped India player in Football by surpassing Bhaichung Bhutia.
- Sunil Chhetri is an Indian professional footballer who plays as a striker or winger and captains both the Indian Super League side Bengaluru FC and the Indian national team.
- Baichung Bhutia, is a former Indian footballer from the state of Sikkim, who played as a striker. Bhutia is considered to be the torchbearer of Indian football in the international arena. He is often nicknamed the Sikkimese Sniper because of his shooting skills in football.
3. FIH Series Finals Bhubaneswar
- The Men’s FIH Series Finals 2019 is the final stage of the 2018–19 edition of the Hockey Series. It will be held from April to June 2019.
- The International Hockey Federation has confirmed that India, Ireland, France, Japan, Malaysia, and Spain will host FIH Series Finals in 2019.
- Host country :- India || City :- Bhubaneswar || Venue :- Kalinga Stadium