Daily Current Affairs 6 March 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 6 March 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 6 March 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 6 March 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Namaste Orchha festival
- Namaste Orchha festival has begun in Orchha town of Madhya Pradesh
- Aim: To exhibit the cultural landscape of Madhya Pradesh through a series of activities such as art, music, dance, guided history tours and photography.
- Chief Minister: Kamal Nath || Governor: Lal Ji Tandon.
2. Women Transforming India Awards 2019
- The 4th edition of the Women Transforming India Awards 2019 will be organised on the occasion of International Women’s Day.
- It will be organised by the Women Entrepreneurship Platform of the NITI Aayog
- CEO of NITI Aayog : Amitabh Kant.
3. National Dentist’s Day
- National Dentist’s Day is observed annually every March 6.
- Aim: To remind everyone about the importance of regular dental checkups, and to encourage proper dental care.
4. AAHAR – the Food and Hospitality fair
- The 35th edition of AAHAR–the Food and Hospitality fair has begun in New Delhi.
- It is being organized by India Trade Promotion Organisation, ITPO.
1. New Prime Minister of Slovenia
- JanezJansa has become the Prime Minister of Slovenia.
- He will replace MarjanSarec
- Slovenia: Capital: Ljubljana || Currency Euro.
2. Commonwealth Points of Light Award winner
- Assam’s environmental activist JadavPayeng has been awarded as the 128th Commonwealth Points of Light Award winner.
- Jadav “Molai” Payeng is an environmental activist and forestry worker from Majuli, popularly known as the Forest Man of India.
- Over the course of several decades, he has planted and tended trees on a sandbar of the river Brahmaputra turning it into a forest reserve.
3. New WIPO Director General
- Daren Tang of Singapore has been elected to be the next WIPO Director General replacing Francis Gurry.
- The World Intellectual Property Organization is one of the 15 specialized agencies of the United Nations. WIPO was created in 1967 “to encourage creative activity, to promote the protection of intellectual property throughout the world”.
- World Intellectual Property Organization: Founded- 1967 || Headquarters- Geneva, Switzerland
1. SEBI SCORES App
- ‘Sebi SCORES’ (Sebi Complaints Redress System (SCORES)) mobile app is launched by SEBI for investors to lodge grievances.
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India is the regulator for the securities market in India owned by the Government of India. It was established in 1988 and given Statutory Powers on 30 January 1992 through the SEBI Act, 1992.
- Chairman of SEBI: Ajay Tyagi || Headquarter: Mumbai.
2. Jack Welch passes away
- General Electric Co’s former CEO and Chairman Jack Welch passed away.
- John Francis Welch Jr. was an American business executive, chemical engineer, and writer. He was chairman and CEO of General Electric between 1981 and 2001. In 2006, Welch’s net worth was estimated at $720 million.
- General Electric Company is an American multinational conglomerate incorporated in New York City and headquartered in Boston.
- CEO: H. Lawrence Culp Jr. || Headquarters: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
3. India’s FDI policy on civil aviation
- Cabinet has given nod for FDI policy on civil aviation, Non Resident Indians can acquire up to 100 per cent equity in Air India under automatic route, earlier only 49 per cent.
- Air India: CEO: Pradeep Singh Kharola || Headquarters: New Delhi
4. Microsoft with Accenture
- Microsoft Research India and Accenture Labs have joined hands to provide tech support to social enterprise startups.
- Both will initially engage with startups in Africa, the Middle East and South Asia, leveraging the MSR India Centre.
- Accenture: CEO: Julie Sweet || Headquarters: Dublin, Ireland
- Microsoft: CEO: Satya Nadella || Headquarters: Redmond, Washington, United States || Founders: Bill Gates, Paul Allen
5. New MD & CEO of SBI Life
- SBI Life Insurance has re-appointed Sanjeev Nautiyal as its MD and CEO.
- SBI Life Insurance Company: Founded- 2001 || Headquarters- Mumbai.
1. ICC women’s T20I rankings
- Indian Woman Cricketer ShafaliVerma has gained the top spot in the ICC women’s T20 International rankings.
- She has become only the second after Mithali Raj to top the women’s T20 International rankings.