Daily Current Affairs 6 November 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 6 November 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 6 November 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 6 November 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Exhibition ‘HunarHaat’
- Minority Affairs Ministry’s initiative ‘HunarHaat’ Exhibition has started in Prayagraj.
- Employment opportunities to lakhs of artisans, craftsmen and traditional culinary experts through the ‘HunarHaat’ initiative.
2. New Chairman of Land Ports Authority of India
- Aditya Mishra has been appointed as the chairman of Land Ports Authority of India (LPAI).
- The Land Ports Authority of India or LPAI is a statutory body working under the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India is responsible for creating, upgrading, maintaining and managing border infrastructure in India.
- It manages several Integrated Check Posts all across Borders of India.
- Headquarters of LPAI: New Delhi || Founded: 2012.
3. The 28th Vyas Samman
- The 28th Vyas Samman for the year 2018 was conferred on Hindi writer Leeladhar Jagoori.
- Leeladhar Jagoori has been chosen for his poetry collection- Jitne Log Utne Prem.
- Leeladhar Jagudi is an Indian teacher, journalist and poet of Hindi literature. He is the author of several poetry anthologies including Natak Jari Hai and Shankha Mukhi Shikharon Par and is a recipient of the Sahitya Akademi Award, for his 1997 anthology, Anubhav Ke Aakash Mein Chand.
4. JCB prize for Literature 2019
- Madhuri Vijay’s debut novel ‘The Far Field’ has awarded JCB prize for Literature 2019
- JCB Prize for Literature is an Indian literary award established in 2018. It is awarded annually with 25 lakh INR (38400 USD) prize to a distinguished work of fiction by an Indian writer working in English or translated fiction by an Indian writer.
- It has been called “India’s most valuable literature prize”.
- The JCB Literature Foundation was established to maintain the award. It is funded by the English construction manufacturing group JCB. Publishers are allowed, per imprint, to enter two novels originally written in English and two novels translated into English from another language
1. Zero waste City Award
- Thiruvananthapuram Corporation of Kerala has received Zero waste City award in Malaysia.
- Thiruvananthapuram has been placed in a zero-waste cities list projects at International Zero Waste Cities Conference held in Malaysia.
2. Global Taj International Film Festival
- Agra will host the 1st-ever Global Taj International Film Festival from November 15-17.
- The Taj Mahal is an ivory-white marble Islamic mausoleum on the south bank of the Yamuna river in the Indian city of Agra. It was commissioned in 1632 by the Mughal emperor Shah Jahan to house the tomb of his favourite wife, Mumtaz Mahal; it also houses the tomb of Shah Jahan himself.
3. World Tsunami Awareness Day
- World Tsunami Awareness Day was observed on 5 November across the world.
- UN General Assembly has designated 5 November as World Tsunami Awareness Day and called on the world to mark it.
- The date of 5 November was chosen in honour of a true story from Japan: “Inamura-no-hi”, which means the “burning of the rice sheaves”.
4. Miss Asia Global 2019
- Sara Damnjanovic of Serbia has been crowned ‘Miss Asia Global 2019’ at a international beauty contest held in Kochin, Kerala.
- Miss Asia 2019: Vietnam’s Nguyen Thi Yen Trang
- Miss Beautiful Face 2019 (Asia): India’s Samiksha Singh
1. New MD and CEO of IndusInd Bank
- IndusInd Bank has appointed Suman Kathpalia as its new MD and CEO.
- IndusInd Bank Limited is a Mumbai based Indian new generation bank, established in 1994. The bank offers commercial, transactional and electronic banking products and services. IndusInd Bank was inaugurated in April 1994 by then Union Finance Minister Manmohan Singh.
- IndusInd Bank: Headquarters: Mumbai || Founded:1994 || Tagline: we make you feel richer.
2. RuPay card in Various Countries
- India recently had signed an agreement with Saudi Arabia to launch the RuPay Card in the country.
- India has already launched the RuPay card in the UAE, Bahrain, Singapore and Bhutan.
- RuPay is a card scheme, conceived and launched by the National Payments Corporation of India on 26 March 2012.
- It was created to fulfil the Reserve Bank of India’s vision to have a domestic, open and multilateral system of payments. RuPay facilitates electronic payment at all Indian banks and financial institutions.
3. Google acquires Fitbit
- Google has officially announced that it is acquiring Fitbit at approximately USD 2.1 billion.
- Fitbit, Inc. is an American company headquartered in San Francisco, California. Its products are activity trackers, wireless-enabled wearable technology devices that measure data such as the number of steps walked, heart rate, quality of sleep, steps climbed, and other personal metrics involved in fitness.
4. KK Modi passes away
- Former President of FICCI and Industrialist KK Modi has passed away.
- Krishan Kumar Modi, also known as K. K. Modi, was an Indian entrepreneur who was the President of Modi Enterprises.
- The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry is an association of business organisations in India. Established in 1927, on the advice of Mahatma Gandhi by GD Birla and Purushottam Das Thakurdas, it is the largest, oldest and the apex business organisation in India.
- FICCI: Headquarters location: New Delhi || Founded: 1927 || Founders: Ghanshyam Das Birla, Purshottamdas Thakurdas || Type of business: Trade Association
1. FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup 2020
- The official emblem of FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup India 2020 was unveiled in the presence of Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju and All India Football Federation President Praful Patel.
- The FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup 2020 tournament will be held in India between 2 and 21 November 2020.
- It will mark the first time that India has hosted a FIFA women’s football tournament.
- Kalinga Stadium in the city of Bhubaneswar got provisional clearance as the first venue for the 2020 FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup.
2. AIFF with German Football Association
- All India Football Federation has signed an MoU with German Football Association (DFB).
- The German Football Association is the governing body of football in Germany. A founding member of both FIFA and UEFA, the DFB has jurisdiction for the German football league system and is in charge of the men’s and women’s national teams. The DFB headquarters are in Frankfurt am Main.
- President: Fritz Keller || FIFA affiliation: 1904 || Headquarters: Frankfurt, Germany || UEFA affiliation: 1954 || Founded: 28 January 1900, Leipzig, Germany
3. Documentary Film on Real Kashmir Football Club
- Documentary on Real Kashmir Football Club has bagged BAFTA & Scotland Awards.
- Real Kashmir Football Club is an Indian professional football club based in Srinagar.
- The club has competed as a member of I-League under license from All India Football Federation. Jammu and Kashmir, Real Kashmir is the first team from Kashmir to compete in I-League, the first division of football in India.
4. Paris Masters 2019 title
- Novak Djokovic won the Paris Masters 2019 title.
- He defeated Canada’s Denis Shapovalov.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,6 November
- Daily Current Affairs: November 1
- Daily Current Affairs: November 2
- Daily Current Affairs: November 3
- Daily Current Affairs: November 4
- Daily Current Affairs: November 5
- Daily Current Affairs: November 6
- Daily Current Affairs: November 7
- Daily Current Affairs: November 8
- Daily Current Affairs: November 9
- Daily Current Affairs: November 10
- Daily Current Affairs: November 11
- Daily Current Affairs: November 12
- Daily Current Affairs: November 13
- Daily Current Affairs: November 14
- Daily Current Affairs: November 15
- Daily Current Affairs: November 16
- Daily Current Affairs: November 17
- Daily Current Affairs: November 18
- Daily Current Affairs: November 19
- Daily Current Affairs: November 20
- Daily Current Affairs: November 21
- Daily Current Affairs: November 22
- Daily Current Affairs: November 23
- Daily Current Affairs: November 24
- Daily Current Affairs: November 25
- Daily Current Affairs: November 26
- Daily Current Affairs: November 27
- Daily Current Affairs: November 28
- Daily Current Affairs: November 29
- Daily Current Affairs: November 30