Daily Current Affairs 6 October 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 6 October 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 6 October 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 6 October 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Persons of Indian Origin Card (PIO Card)
- Persons of Indian Origin cards along with valid foreign passport will be considered for exit/entry into India till 31st of March 2020.
- Persons of Indian Origin Card (PIO Card) was a form of identification issued to a Person of Indian Origin who held a passport in a country other than Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, Iran, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
- Accordingly, the Citizenship (Amendment) Act, 2003, made provision for acquisition of Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI) by the Person of Indian Origin (PIOs) of 16 specified countries other than Pakistan and Bangladesh.
2. Chief Spokesperson of Government
- Kuldeep Singh Dhatwalia was appointed the principal spokesperson of the Government.
- Kuldeep Singh Dhatwalia has been appointed as the new principal director general of the Press Information Bureau (PIB).
3. Swachh Rail, Swachh Bharat 2019 report
- According to ‘Swachh Rail, Swachh Bharat 2019 report’, Jaipur has topped the list of cleanest railway stations in the country.
- 2. Jodhpur
- 3. Durgapura
- 4. Durgapura
- 5. Gandhinagar-Jp
4. Telangana becomes fully electrified state
- Telangana has become fully electrified states after providing electricity to over 5 lakh 15 thousand households under Soubhagya Scheme.
- The Saubhagya Scheme or Pradhan Mantri SahajBijliHarGhar Yojana is an Indian government project to provide electricity to all households.
- The project was announced in September 2017 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who said that the aim was to complete the electrification process by December 2018.
5. Audio Odigos App
- Tourism Ministry has launched Audio Guide facility App ‘Audio Odigos’ for 12 tourist sites of India on the occasion of ‘ParyatanParv 2019’.
- The nationwide ParyatanParv, 2019 kicked off to promote tourism in the country.
- This year’s event is dedicated to 150th birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
1. World Cerebral Palsy Day
- Cerebral Palsy Day on 6th October is an social movement and a day to celebrate and affirm the lives of the 17 million people living with cerebral palsy.
- The project was launched in 2012 by Cerebral Palsy Alliance and United Cerebral Palsy.
- Cerebral palsy (CP) is a group of permanent movement disorders that appear in early childhood. Signs and symptoms vary among people and over time. Often, symptoms include poor coordination, stiff muscles, weak muscles, and tremors. There may be problems with sensation, vision, hearing, swallowing, and speaking.
2. Satyapriya Mohathero passes away
- Bangladesh Buddhist leader Satyapriya Mohathero has passed away.
- He was awarded the second-highest civilian award of Bangladesh Ekushey Padak in 2015 for social work.
1. Interest rate on various schemes for October to December quarter
- Public Provident Fund (PPF) — 7.9%
- National Savings Certificate (NSC) — 7.9%
- Sukanya Samriddhi Account (SSY) — 8.4%
- Senior Citizen Savings Scheme (SCSS) — 8.6%
2. New MD and CEO of Oil India Limited
- Oil India Limited has appointed Sushil Chandra Mishra as its New MD and CEO replacing Utpal Bora.
- Oil India Limited is the second largest hydrocarbon exploration and production Indian public sector company with its operational headquarters in Duliajan, Assam, India.
- Headquarters: Noida || Owner: Government of India
3. New Chairman of National Buildings Construction Corporation
- PK Gupta has been appointed as the new Chairman and Managing Director of National Buildings Construction Corporation Limited replacing Shiv Das Meena.
- NBCC (India) Limited is a blue-chip Government of India Navratna enterprise and a Central Public Sector undertaking which trades publicly in the market.
4. UCash by UCO Bank
- UCO Bank has launched three new digital products called, UCash, Digilocker and an app in Kolkata.
- UCO Bank, formerly United Commercial Bank, established in 1943 in Kolkata, is a major government-owned commercial bank of India.
- Headquarters: Kolkata || CEO: Atul Kumar Goel || Founder: Ghanshyam Das Birla
1. Javelin thrower Annu Rani
- Javelin thrower Annu Rani broke her own national record with a career-best 62.43m at World Athletics Championships in Doha Qatar.
- The javelin throw is a track and field event where the javelin, a spear about 2.5 m in length, is thrown. The javelin thrower gains momentum by running within a predetermined area. Javelin throwing is an event of both the men’s decathlon and the women’s heptathlon.
2. First Indian to play 100 T20I matches
- 1. Harmanpreet Kaur (India Women T20I captain)
- 2. MS Dhoni
- 3. Rohit Sharma
3. First-ever floating basketball court in India
- The NBA has brought India’s first-ever Floating Basketball Court in the Arabian Sea near Bandra Worli Sealink in Mumbai.
- The National Basketball Association is a men’s professional basketball league in North America, composed of 30 teams. It is one of the four major professional sports leagues in the United States and Canada, and is widely considered to be the premier men’s professional basketball league in the world.
- Current champion: Toronto Raptors || Sport: Basketball || Number of teams: 30
4. PCA Player’s Player of Year award
- England cricketer Ben Stokes bagged Professional Cricketers’ Association Players’ Player of the Year award.
- He won the award for his exceptional performance in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019.
- Daily Current Affairs: October 1
- Daily Current Affairs: October 2
- Daily Current Affairs: October 3
- Daily Current Affairs: October 4
- Daily Current Affairs: October 5
- Daily Current Affairs: October 6
- Daily Current Affairs: October 7
- Daily Current Affairs: October 8
- Daily Current Affairs: October 9
- Daily Current Affairs: October 10
- Daily Current Affairs: October 11
- Daily Current Affairs: October 12
- Daily Current Affairs: October 13
- Daily Current Affairs: October 14
- Daily Current Affairs: October 15
- Daily Current Affairs: October 16
- Daily Current Affairs: October 17
- Daily Current Affairs: October 18
- Daily Current Affairs: October 19
- Daily Current Affairs: October 20
- Daily Current Affairs: October 21
- Daily Current Affairs: October 22
- Daily Current Affairs: October 23
- Daily Current Affairs: October 24
- Daily Current Affairs: October 25
- Daily Current Affairs: October 26
- Daily Current Affairs: October 27
- Daily Current Affairs: October 28
- Daily Current Affairs: October 29
- Daily Current Affairs: October 30
- Daily Current Affairs: October 31