Daily Current Affairs 6 August 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 6 August 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 6 August 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 6 August 2019 Current affairs test.
1. ‘Meghdoot’ Mobile App
- Ministry of Earth Sciences and Ministry of Agriculture have launched ‘Meghdoot’ Mobile Application.
- It will provide location, and crop and livestock-specific weather-based agro advisories to farmers in local dialect.
2. Quick Reaction Surface-to-Air Missile
- India has successfully test-fired Quick Reaction Surface-to-Air Missile (QR-SAM) from a mobile launcher of launch complex III at Chandipur in Odisha.
- Quick Reaction Surface-to-Air Missile is a missile developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation in association with Bharat Electronics Limited and Bharat Dynamics Limited for the Indian Army.
- Operational range: 30 km (19 mi) || Designer: DRDO || Manufacturer: BEL and BDL
- Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani has launched ‘VhaliDikriYojna’ for the welfare of girl child from Rajkot.
- It is a state-wide cash incentive scheme for every girl child born in Gujarat.
- Gujrat Governor: Acharya Dev Vrat.
4. National Committee on Dam Safety
- Lok Sabha has passed ‘Dam Safety Bill-2019’ to set up National Committee on Dam Safety to prevent dam failures.
- With its major focus on the setting up uniform safety standards of all the specified dams across the country.
1. World Breastfeeding Week
- World Breastfeeding Week is an annual celebration which is being held every year from 1 to 7 August in more than 120 countries.
- Theme: ‘Empower Parents, Enable Breastfeeding’
- Inaugurated: 1991
2. Andhra Pradesh with World Bank and AIIB
- Government of Andhra Pradesh is going to reopen talks with World Bank and Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank for funding the Amaravati Capital City Project.
- The World Bank is an international financial institution that provides interest-free loans and grants to the governments of poorer countries for the purpose of pursuing capital projects.
- The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank is a multilateral development bank that aims to support the building of infrastructure in the Asia-Pacific region. The bank currently has 72 members as well as 28 prospective members from around the world.
- AIIB: Headquarters: Beijing, China || Membership: 93 Members || Region served: Asia and Oceania
- Jin Liqun is a Chinese politician, banker, and professor. He is currently the President of the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB).
3. Bank of China in India
- RBI has allowed ‘Bank of China’ to offer regular banking services in India.
- ‘Bank of China Limited’ has been included in the 2nd Schedule to the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934.
- RBI 25th Governor: Shaktikant Das || Headquarters: Mumbai || Founded: 1 April 1935, Kolkata
4. Highest-grossing films of all time
- 1. Avengers: Endgame with $2,794,720,921
- 2. Avatar with $2,789,679,794
- 3. Titanic with $2,187,463,944
1. Mobile library service
- Mobile library service was launched by Delhi Public Library.
- It is aimed to reach out to readers in Delhi, especially those in slums, resettlement colonies and rural areas.
- It is launched under ‘GharGharDastakGharGharPustak’ Scheme.
2. India’s GDP Growth Forecast by CRISIL
- CRISIL has lowered India’s GDP Growth to 6.9% from 7.1%.
- CRISIL is a global analytical company providing ratings, research, and risk and policy advisory services. CRISIL’s majority shareholder is Standard & Poor’s, a division of McGraw Hill Financial and provider of financial market intelligence.
- MD & CEO of CRISIL: Ashu Suyash.
3. Secretary of Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade
- Guruprasad Mohapatra has assumed charge as the secretary of Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade.
- The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade was established in 1995 and has been reconstituted in the year 2000 with the merger of the Department of Industrial Development. Earlier separate Ministries for Small Scale Industries & Agro and Rural Industries (SSI&A&RI) and Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises (HI&PE) were created in October, 1999.
4. Foundation Day of Lalit Kala Akademi
- National Academy of Art ‘Lalit Kala Akademi’ has celebrated its 65th Foundation Day in New Delhi.
- The Lalit Kala Akademi or National Academy of Art is India’s national academy of fine arts. It is an autonomous organisation, established in New Delhi in 1954 by Government of India to promote and propagate understanding of Indian art, in and outside the country.
1. English Channel
- Franky Zapata of France has become first person to cross English Channel on a Jet-Powered Hoverboard.
- Franky Zapata is a French personal watercraft pilot who is the inventor of the Flyboard and Flyboard Air, founder of Zapata Racing.
- The English Channel, also called simply the Channel, is the body of water that separates Southern England from northern France and links the southern part of the North Sea to the Atlantic Ocean.
- The English Channel is the busiest shipping area in the world.
2. Karthik Bose Lifetime Achievement Award
- Former India cricketer Arun Lal was conferred with Karthik Bose Lifetime Achievement Award of the Cricket Association of Bengal in Kolkata.
- Arun Lal is a retired Indian cricketer, and a cricket commentator. His columns about cricket analysis regularly appears in newspaper and internet columns. He moved from Delhi to Calcutta in 1979 and started a cricket academy.
3. Poland Open Wrestling Tournament
- Wrestler VineshPhogat has qon Gold in women’s 53kg category of Poland Open Wrestling Tournament.
- Poland Open Wrestling Tournament was held in Warsaw.
- President: Andrzej Duda || Capital: Warsaw || Currency: Polish złoty
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,6 August
- Daily Current Affairs: August 1
- Daily Current Affairs: August 2
- Daily Current Affairs: August 3
- Daily Current Affairs: August 4
- Daily Current Affairs: August 5
- Daily Current Affairs: August 6
- Daily Current Affairs: August 7
- Daily Current Affairs: August 8
- Daily Current Affairs: August 9
- Daily Current Affairs: August 10
- Daily Current Affairs: August 11
- Daily Current Affairs: August 12
- Daily Current Affairs: August 13
- Daily Current Affairs: August 14
- Daily Current Affairs: August 15
- Daily Current Affairs: August 16
- Daily Current Affairs: August 17
- Daily Current Affairs: August 18
- Daily Current Affairs: August 19
- Daily Current Affairs: August 20
- Daily Current Affairs: August 21
- Daily Current Affairs: August 22
- Daily Current Affairs: August 23
- Daily Current Affairs: August 24
- Daily Current Affairs: August 25
- Daily Current Affairs: August 26
- Daily Current Affairs: August 27
- Daily Current Affairs: August 28
- Daily Current Affairs: August 29
- Daily Current Affairs: August 30
- Daily Current Affairs: August 31