Daily Current Affairs 6 December 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 6 December 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 6 December 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 6 December 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Theatre Level Operational Readiness Exercise (TROPEX)
- Indian Navy will conduct large-scale coastal defence exercise ‘Theatre Level Operational Readiness Exercise’ (TROPEX) from January to March 2019.
- ‘Exercise Sea Vigil’ is a part of it as a large-scale coastal defence exercise.
2. Armed Forces Flag Day (Dec 7)
- The Armed Forces Flag Day will be observed on Dec 7.
- The Armed Forces Flag Day or the Flag Day of India is a day dedicated to India towards collection of funds from people of India for the welfare of the Indian Armed Forces personnel. It has been observed annually in India on December 7 since 1949.
3. PRASAD Scheme
- Gangotri and Yamunotri in Uttrarakhand, Amarkantak(Madhya Pradesh) and Parasnath(Jharkhand) are under the PRASAD scheme
- Total number of sites under PRASAD Scheme is 41 in 25 states.
- National Mission on Pilgrimage Rejuvenation and Spiritual Augmentation Drive (PRASAD) to beautify and improve the amenities and infrastructure at pilgrimage centres of all faiths.
4. India Water Impact Summit-2018
- Nitin Gadkari has inaugurated India Water Impact Summit 2018 in New Delhi.
- It is organized by the National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) and the Centre for Ganga River Basin Management and Studies (cGanga).
- Nitin Gadkari is Minister for Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation.
1. International Volunteer Day
- International Volunteer Day was observed on December 5.
- Theme :- ‘Volunteers build Resilient Communities’.
2. World Customs Organisation Policy Commission
- The 80th Session of Policy Commission of the World Customs Organisation has started in Mumbai.
- The Session is hosted by Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs, India.
- The World Customs Organization is an intergovernmental organization headquartered in Brussels, Belgium.
3. World Intellectual Property Indicators 2018
- UN’s World Intellectual Property Organisation has released ‘World Intellectual Property Indicators 2018’ report in Geneva, Switzerland.
- The number of patents granted by India rose to 50% in 2017.
- China has topped the list followed by USA.
- India ranked 10th in the number of patents.
- The World Intellectual Property Organization is one of the 15 specialized agencies of the United Nations. WIPO was created in 1967 “to encourage creative activity, to promote the protection of intellectual property throughout the world”.
4. Microsoft Azure’s Virtual Assistant Accelerator
- Microsoft Azure has launched the Virtual Assistant Accelerator to develop conversational bots to enhance personalised content delivery across multiple devices.
- Microsoft Azure is a cloud computing service created by Microsoft for building, testing, deploying, and managing applications and services through a global network of Microsoft-managed data centers.
1. RBI 5th bi-monthly monetary policy review of 2018-19
- Repo Rate :- 6.5 percent.
- Reverse Repo Rate :- 6.25 percent.
- Marginal Standing Facility :- 6.75 percent.
- Bank Rate :- 6.75 percent.
- The objective of achieving the medium-term target for Consumer Price Index (CPI) inflation of 4 percent within a band of +/- 2 percent.
2. Forbes Celebrity 100 list of 2018 India
- 1. Salman Khan
- 2. Virat Kohli
- 3. Akshay Kumar
- 4. Deepika Padukone
- 5. Mahendra Singh Dhoni
3. Madame Tussauds Wax Museum with Ministry of Railways (India)
- Ministry of Railways has signed an MOU with Madame Tussauds Wax Museum to promote tourism.
- The MOU is signed on behalf of National Rail Museum.
- Madame Tussauds opened its 23rd Wax museum in Connaught Place, New Delhi in 2017.
4. Sahitya Akademi Award
- S Ramakrishnan(Tamil) has been honoured with Sahitya Akademi Award for his novel ‘Sancharam’.
- Novel ‘Sancharam’ deals in the lives of Nadhaswaram Artistes.
1. Gautam Gambhir has retired
- Cricketer Gautam Gambhir announced his retirement from all forms of Cricket.
- He was India’s top-scorer in the finals of the 2007 World T20 in South Africa and the 2011 ODI World Cup.
2. Delhi Daredevils to be as Delhi Capitals
- IPL franchise Delhi Daredevils has been renamed as Delhi Capitals.
- The Delhi Capitals is a franchise cricket team representing the city of Delhi in the Indian Premier League. Founded in 2008 as Delhi Daredevils, it is one of the eight teams in the IPL. The Delhi franchise is owned by the GMR Group and JSW Group. Their home ground is the Feroz Shah Kotla Ground in Delhi.
3. International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) Athletics Awards 2018
- Eliud Kipchoge(Kenya) has been awarded Male World athlete of the year.
- Eliud Kipchoge is a Kenyan long-distance runner who competes the marathon and formerly 5000 metres race. He won the Olympic marathon in 2016 and is the current marathon world record holder with a time of 2 hours 1 minute 39 seconds.
- Caterine Ibarguen (Colombia) has been awarded Female World athlete of the year.
- Caterine Ibargüen Mena ODB is a Colombian athlete competing in high jump, long jump and triple jump.