Daily Current Affairs 6 February 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 6 February 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 6 February 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 6 February 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Festival ‘Sopan 2019’
- ‘Sopan 2019’ in New Delhi is a music and dance festival to encourage young artists to take up traditional art.
- ‘Sopan 2019’ will be organised by Sahitya Kala Parishad and Delhi Govt. with New Delhi Municipal Council.
2. Shehri Samridhi Utsav
- Shehri Samridhi Utsav extends the outreach of Deendayal Antyodaya Mission–National Urban Livelihoods Mission.
- It is an initiative of Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs (MoHUA).
- The aim is to facilitate access of Self-Help Group members to the other Government Schemes.
3. The 30th National Road Safety Week
- Sushma Swaraj and Nitin Gadkari have flagged off Suraksha Yatra– A motor car rally from Rajghat in New Delhi.
- To commemorate the 150th Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi, It will travel through places associated with Mahatma Gandhi in India as well as in Bangladesh and Myanmar.
4. Words Count Festival
- The second edition of ‘Words Count Festival’ was held in Pune, Maharashtra.
- It was curated by the award-winning screenwriter, author and columnist Advaita Kala.
1. Ministry of Coal of India with Ministry of Energy, Republic of Poland
- The MoU is signed to foster relations in the field of coal mining and clean coal technologies.
- Poland Capital: Warsaw || Currency: Polish zloty.
2. Asian Development Bank with Annapurna Finance
- Asian Development Bank has acquired a 14% stake in micro-financier Annapurna Finance for Rs 137 crore.
- Asian Development Bank Headquarters: Manila, Philippines, President: Takehiko Nakao.
3. Chinese New Year
- The Chinese Lunar New Year was observed on February 5.
- Chinese New Year is the Chinese festival that celebrates the beginning of a new year on the traditional Chinese calendar. The festival is usually referred to as the Spring Festival in mainland China, and is one of several Lunar New Years in Asia.
3. United States Secretary of the Interior
- Donald Trump has nominated David Bernhardt as the United States Secretary of the Interior.
- The United States Secretary of the Interior is the head of the United States Department of the Interior.
1. Fino Payments Bank partners with Suryoday Small Finance Bank
- Both have announced the launch of a sweep account facility in association
- Small finance banks are a type of niche banks in India. Banks with a small finance bank license can provide basic banking service of acceptance of deposits and lending.
- Payments banks is a new model of banks conceptualised by the Reserve Bank of India. These banks can accept a restricted deposit, which is currently limited to ₹100,000 per customer and may be increased further. These banks cannot issue loans and credit cards.
2. Tamil Nadu Grama Bank
- Pallavan Grama Bank and Pandyan Grama Bank will be merged to form the Tamil Nadu Grama Bank.
- Regional Rural Bank. Regional Rural Banks (RRBs) also known as Gramin banks, are Indian scheduled banks (Government banks) operating at regional level in different States of India. RRBs perform various functions in following heads: Providing banking facilities to rural and semi-urban areas.
- Regional Rural Bank have do business and braches at rural India whereas Nationalized Bank have branches as per exposure in Pacific state they have or else pan India presence. Nationalised Banks have BRANCHES across the country while RRBs are reserved for a particular area in a state.
3. Aegis Graham Bell Award 2019
- The 9th edition of ‘Aegis Graham Bell Award’ was organised in Panaji, Goa.
- ‘Uniphore Software Systems’ has received ‘Aegis Graham Bell Award’.
- It has received for innovation in Data Science for its flagship product ‘auMina’.
4. Kerala’s Price Monitoring and Research Unit
- Kerala Govt. has inducted a Price Monitoring and Research Unit to track violation of prices of essential drugs and medical devices.
- This comes after the National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority has proposed such a system for the same.
1. Azerbaijan Grand Prix
- Azerbaijan Grand Prix has extended the contract to host F-1 Race in ‘Baku Street Circuit’ till 2023.
- Capital: Baku || Currency: Azerbaijani Manat.
2. Indian Sports Honours
- The 2nd Edition of Indian Sports Honours will be presented on February 16.
- Indian Sports Honours are awards given annually by the RP-Sanjiv Goenka Group in association with the Virat Kohli Foundation to outstanding sports personalities from India. The awards were founded in 2017.
- Olympic gold-medallist Abhinav Bindra and National Badminton coach Pullela Gopichand have been named jury members for the same.
3. Ranji Trophy
- Vidarbha and Saurashtra are in the finals of Ranji Trophy.
- The Ranji Trophy is a domestic first-class cricket championship played in India between teams representing regional and state cricket associations. The competition currently consists of 37 teams, with all 29 states in India and two of the seven union territories having at least one representation.
4. Copa Del Rey Trophy
- FC Barcelona, Real Madrid, Valencia and Real Betis are in the Semi Finals of Copa Del Rey Trophy.
- Copa del Rey or simply La Copa, is an annual knockout football competition in Spanish football, organized by the Royal Spanish Football Federation. The competition was founded in 1903, thus making it the oldest Spanish football competition.