Daily Current Affairs 6 January 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 6 January 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 6 January 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 6 January 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Swachh Survekshan 2019
- Hardeep S Puri has launched the 4th edition of ‘Swachh survekshan 2019’.
- It will be conducted across 4237 towns and cities.
- Hardeep S Puri is the Minister of state (I/C), Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs.
2. First Offender under the Fugitive Economic Offenders Act, 2018
- Vijay Mallya has become the first person to be charged under a new anti-fraud law that is ‘Fugitive Economic Offenders Act, 2018’.
- The Fugitive Economic Offenders Bill, 2018 was introduced in the Lok Sabha, the lower house of the Parliament of India, on 12 March 2018. It seeks to confiscate properties and assets of economic offenders that evade prosecution by remaining outside the jurisdiction of Indian courts.
3. Central Board of Irrigation and Power award
- Andhra Pradesh Govt. has been conferred the Central Board of Irrigation and Power award.
- The award is presented for Polavaram multipurpose project on the Godavari river.
- CBIP, a Premier Institution, rendering dedicated services to professional organisations, engineers and individuals for the last about 80 years, resulting in accelerated development in the twin disciplines of Water Resources and Power in the country and abroad. CBIP has grown into an eminent organization of international importance while serving the nation equally with great distinction. CBIP is Indian chapter for 10 international organisations related to Water resources & Power sectors.
4. Krishak Bandhu scheme
- West Bengal Govt. has announced the Krishak Bandhu scheme to provide financial assistance to farmers and landless labourers.
- It is similar to ‘Rythu Bandhu Scheme’ of Telangana State.
- Rs 5,000 per acre in two instalments–one during kharif and another during rabi–for a single crop.
- A life insurance cover of Rs 2,00,000 in case of death of an earning farmer aged between 18 and 60 years.
1. Panj Tirath (Peshawar)
- Pakistan has declared the ancient Hindu religious site Panj Tirath, Peshawar as National heritage.
- The site’s name has its origins in the five pools of water that are part of the property, which also has a temple. It is believed that mythical king Pandu from the epic Mahabharata bathed in the pools during the month of Kartik and worshipped under the date palm trees in the area for two days.
2. Harold Brown passes away
- Former US Defence Secretary Harold Brown has passed away at age 91.
- Harold Brown was an American nuclear physicist who served as U.S. Secretary of Defence from 1977 to 1981, under President Jimmy Carter. Previously, in the John F. Kennedy and Lyndon B. Johnson administrations, he held the posts of Director of Defence Research and Engineering and Secretary of the Air Force.
3. SoftBank Ventures Asia
- SoftBank Ventures Korea has renamed itself ‘SoftBank Ventures Asia’.
- SoftBank Ventures Korea was founded in 2000, SoftBank Ventures Asia is the only global early-stage venture arm of SoftBank Group.
- SoftBank Group: Chairman & CEO: Masayoshi Son Headquarters: Minato, Tokyo, Japan
1. Amalgamation of three RRBs
- The Government has amalgamated three Regional Rural Banks.
- 1. Punjab Gramin Bank
- 2. Malwa Gramin Bank
- 3. Sutlej Gramin Bank
- Regional Rural Banks also known as Gramin banks, are Indian scheduled banks operating at regional level in different States of India. They have been created with a view of serving primarily the rural areas of India with basic banking and financial services.
2. Indian Panorama Film Festival
- Indian Panorama Film Festival has started at Siri Fort Auditorium in New Delhi.
- Information and Broadcasting Secretary Amit Khare has inaugurated the Festival.
- It is organised by the Directorate of Film Festivals, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
3. Krishnamurthy V Subramanian resigned from Bandhan Bank
- Krishnamurthy V Subramanian has resigned from Bandhan Bank following his appointment as the chief economic advisor to the Government.
- Bandhan Bank :- CEO: Chandra Shekhar Ghosh || Headquarters: Kolkata || Chairperson: Harun Rasid Khan
4. Indus Food Meet 2019
- Indus Food Meet 2019 will be organised from 14th January 2019 at Greater Noida in Uttar Pradesh.
- It will be organised by Trade Promotion Council of India (TPCI) and Commerce Ministry.
1. Pro Kabaddi League
- Bengaluru Bulls won the Pro Kabaddi League final defeating Gujarat Fortune giants.
- The Pro Kabaddi League, currently known as Vivo Pro Kabaddi League for sponsorship purpose, is a professional-level Kabaddi league in India. It was launched in 2014 and is broadcast on Star Sports. The leagues inception was influenced by the popularity of the Kabaddi tournament at the 2006 Asian Games.
2. National Table Tennis Championship
- The 80th National Table Tennis Championship has started at Jawaharlal Nehru Indoor Stadium in Cuttack, Odisha.
- Odisha CM: Naveen Patnaik, Governor: Ganeshi Lal.
3. 2019 AFC Asian Cup
- India started its campaign with a win over Thailand.
- The 2019 AFC Asian Cup is the 17th edition of the AFC Asian Cup, the quadrennial international men’s football championship of Asia organised by the Asian Football Confederation. It is being held in the United Arab Emirates from 5 January to 1 February 2019.
- Daily Current Affairs: January 1
- Daily Current Affairs: January 2
- Daily Current Affairs: January 3
- Daily Current Affairs: January 4
- Daily Current Affairs: January 5
- Daily Current Affairs: January 6
- Daily Current Affairs: January 7
- Daily Current Affairs: January 8
- Daily Current Affairs: January 9
- Daily Current Affairs: January 10
- Daily Current Affairs: January 11
- Daily Current Affairs: January 12
- Daily Current Affairs: January 13
- Daily Current Affairs: January 14
- Daily Current Affairs: January 15
- Daily Current Affairs: January 16
- Daily Current Affairs: January 17
- Daily Current Affairs: January 18
- Daily Current Affairs: January 19
- Daily Current Affairs: January 20
- Daily Current Affairs: January 21
- Daily Current Affairs: January 22
- Daily Current Affairs: January 23
- Daily Current Affairs: January 24
- Daily Current Affairs: January 25
- Daily Current Affairs: January 26
- Daily Current Affairs: January 27
- Daily Current Affairs: January 28
- Daily Current Affairs: January 29
- Daily Current Affairs: January 30
- Daily Current Affairs: January 31