Daily Current Affairs 6 July 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 6 July 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 6 July 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 6 July 2017 Current affairs test.
1. IAF’s MiG23 crashes
- MiG23 UB jet trainer crashed 60 km from Jodhpur in Rajasthan. Both the pilots are safe.
- MiG23 UB are used to train for MiG27 fighters of IAF(Indian Air Force)
2. Cross desecrated in South Goa
- The sanctity of religious symbols continues to be violated despite the high security forces deployed in the sensitive regions of South Goa.
- This began on Sunday with the temple idols and crosses being desecrated all over South Goa.
3. Jammu & Kashmir Assembly passes resolution to implement GST
- The state assembly passed the landmark tax reform during a special session, after two days of heated exchanges and fiery debates between BJP members and the opposition.
- The resolution moved by state Finance Minister Haseeb Drabu, was adopted through a presidential order. With this, all the states have implemented the Goods and Services Tax.
4. Tamil Nadu cinema theatres to reopen with costlier tickets
- The four day long strike by the theatre owners against 30% local body tax levied by the State Government comes to an end on costlier terms.
- The tickets above Rs.100 will have 28% GST and Rs.100 and below will be charged with 18% GST.
5. Aadhar gets praise at global forum
- Financial Stability Board (FSB) has recognised Aadhar for financial inclusion thereby reducing the use of cash.
- The FSB has also submitted its action plan to the G20 Summit, which and is being attended by Prime Minister Narendra Modi along with the leaders of the world’s other largest economies.
1. Earthquake shakes Central Philippines
- The Philippines is on the pacific “Ring of Fire” where earthquakes are common.
- A strong shallow earthquake shook central Philippines and measured 6.5 magnitude.
2. Not the right atmosphere for G-20
- China says that the atmosphere is not right for a bilateral meeting between PM Narendra Modi and China’s President Xi Jinping at the G20 Hamburg Summit.
- This came as a backdrop of standoff at Doklam region.
- Beijing reiterates the demand to withdraw Indian troops as a pre-condition for peace talks.
3. Trump says, “A lot of people interfere”
- This came ahead of the meet between U.S President and his Russian counterpart Vladamir Putin on the sidelines of G20 Summit
- Regarding Russia’s interference in U.S Elections, Trump said “Nobody really knows for sure”.
1. Amazon invested Rs.1680 crores more in India unit
- Jeff Bezos, Amazon founder has already highlighted the importance of Indian operations to Amazon.
- This infusion will be focused on improving against local rival Flipkart.
2. India likely to clock 6.9% GDP growth this fiscal: BMI Research
- Indian economy is expected to recover in the coming quarters and the country is expected to clock a real GDP growth of 6.9 per cent in this financial year.
- According to a report by BMI Research, India’s growth is expected to pick up following the negative ramifications from the demonetisation drive in November 2016, but weak public banks will likely cap the recovery.
3. Former Tata Finance MD commits suicide
- Former Tata Finance Managing Director Dilip Pendse allegedly committed suicide in Mumbai
- On June 22, Sebi had barred Pendse and three other entities from the capital market for manipulations at the time of the firm’s right issue in 2001
4. China’s SAIC Motor to set up Rs 2,000cr car plant in Gujarat
- China’s SAIC Motor Corp will set up a passenger car manufacturing facility at Halol in Panchmahals district of Gujarat with an investment of Rs 2,000 crore.
- As part of India entry plans, the company would introduce environment-friendly mobility solutions under its iconic ‘MG’ (Morris Garages) brand.
5. Air India may not be debt-free before sale
- The private players with an idea to take over the national carrier should bear a few of Air India’s debts. The centre will not take over all of Air India’s Rs.52,000 crore debt
- Indigo was keen to take over a stake in Air India, but said it cannot bear the state-owned unsustainable liabilities.
1.Mithali is just 41 runs away from a record
- Indian women’s cricket team captain Mithali Raj is just 41 runs away from scoring 6000 runs in ODI. She will become the first woman to do so. xShe has played 181 ODI’s.
- She has a chance to achieve this feat in the upcoming match against South Africa.
2. India at 96th position in FIFA World Ranking
- This is the second best ranking for the country after 94th place in February 1996.
- It acts as a boost for the squad which has moved up from 173rd rank in March 2015.
- AIFF(All India Football Federation) President Praful Patel termed this as “a giant leap of faith for Indian football”.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz, 6 July
- Daily Current Affairs: July 1
- Daily Current Affairs: July 2
- Daily Current Affairs: July 3
- Daily Current Affairs: July 4
- Daily Current Affairs: July 5
- Daily Current Affairs: July 6
- Daily Current Affairs: July 7
- Daily Current Affairs: July 8
- Daily Current Affairs: July 9
- Daily Current Affairs: July 10
- Daily Current Affairs: July 11
- Daily Current Affairs: July 12
- Daily Current Affairs: July 13
- Daily Current Affairs: July 14
- Daily Current Affairs: July 15
- Daily Current Affairs: July 16
- Daily Current Affairs: July 17
- Daily Current Affairs: July 18
- Daily Current Affairs: July 19
- Daily Current Affairs: July 20
- Daily Current Affairs: July 21
- Daily Current Affairs: July 22
- Daily Current Affairs: July 23
- Daily Current Affairs: July 24
- Daily Current Affairs: July 25
- Daily Current Affairs: July 26
- Daily Current Affairs: July 27
- Daily Current Affairs: July 28
- Daily Current Affairs: July 29
- Daily Current Affairs: July 30
- Daily Current Affairs: July 31