Daily Current Affairs 6 July 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 6 July 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 6 July 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 6 July 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Khan Prahari App and Surveillance system for unauthorised coal mining
- Union Minister of Coal, Piyush Goyal launched the Coal Mine Surveillance & Management System (CMSMS) and Mobile Application ‘Khan Prahari’.
- It aims to report, monitor and take suitable action on unauthorised coal mining activities.
2. Agartala Airport to be renamed as Maharaja Bir Bikram Manikya Kishore Airport
- The Union Cabinet approved the proposal of renaming Agartala Airport in Tripura as Maharaja Bir Bikram Manikya Kishore Airport, Agartala.
- Agartala Airport was constructed in 1942 on the land donated by Maharaja Bir Bikram Manikya Kishore. Due to his initiative, an aerodrome at Agartala was constructed and it has now evolved into the second busiest airport in North East providing crucial air connectivity to Tripura.
3. Sambal Yojana
- This scheme is to make sure that all the households in Madhya Pradesh have power facility.
- People under BPL Line who are not using air-conditioners, electric heaters and whose power consumption is below 1000 watts would be eligible for this scheme at 200 Rs per month.
1. Bhutan Prime Minister arrived on 3 day visit to India
- The visit will further boost defence, security and strategic cooperation between India and Bhutan.
- This year, both India and Bhutan are commemorating the golden jubilee of the establishment of formal diplomatic relations.
2. World’s 1st Digital Art Museum Opens in Tokyo
- The world’s first digital art museum opened its doors for the public in Tokyo, Japan.
- The 9,000-square meter interactive gallery. The exhibition itself is linked in real-time to the real-world seasons.
3. Head of Drug Enforcement Agency in US
- Uttam Dhillon, an Indian-American has been appointed as the new head of the crucial Drug Enforcement Agency.
- Uttam Dhillon has replaced Robert Patterson.
4. International Finance Corporation has invested $100 million in Mahindra & Mahindra Financial Services Ltd.
- World Bank Group member IFC (International Finance Corporation) has invested $100 million in Mahindra & Mahindra Financial Services Ltd. (Mahindra Finance).
- This would enable the Mahindra Group company to augment its growth by extending loans to individuals along with financing small and medium enterprises.
1. Nasscom opened a Centre of Excellence for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- National Association of Software and Services Companies (Nasscom) opened a Centre of Excellence for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence and signed a MoU with NITI Aayog to collaboratively foster applied research, accelerating adoption and ethics, privacy and security.
- The aim is to strengthen the country’s Artificial Intelligence (AI) ecosystem. Nasscom will also include NITI Aayog as a knowledge partner.
2. New Chairman of Payments Council of India
- Vishwas Patel has been appointed as new Chairman of Payments Council of India (PCI).
- Payments Council of India (PCI), the apex body representing the companies in the payments and settlement system.
3. Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India Amends IBBI Regulations, 2016
- IBBI has notified the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (Insolvency Resolution Process for Corporate Persons) (Third Amendment) Regulations, 2018.
- IBBI has mandated that a resolution professional should determine whether a corporate debtor had indulged in fraudulent transactions within a specified time period during the resolution process.
4. Flipkart to enter financial services business
- Flipkart is set to enter financial services business and has applied for an NBFC (Non-Banking Financial Company) license to focus on consumer lending.
- The start-up will start its services with micro lending and micro-insurance for e-commerce purchases on its website.
1. Stricter Sanctions For Ball-Tampering
- International Cricket Council has introduced stricter sanctions for ball-tampering.
- Tampering with the ball will be now penalized with a ban of up to 6 Tests or 12 ODIs.
2. Badminton rankings: India
- K. Srikanth returns to top-5 and Saina up a spot to 9th position.
- P.V. Sindhu remained unchanged at number three in the women’s singles.
3. Betting, gambling should be used to attract FDI: Law panel
- The Law Commission recommends that betting and gambling should be legalised.
- Allowing FDI in Betting and gambling industry would bring substantial amounts of investment, propelling the growth of the tourism and hospitality industries.