Daily Current Affairs 6 July 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 6 July 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 6 July 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 6 July 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Jaipur City as UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Jaipur City has been designated as UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- With this, India now has 38 World Heritage Sites that include 30 Cultural Sites, 7 Natural and 1 mixed site.
- A World Heritage Site is a landmark or area which is selected by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) as having cultural, historical, scientific or other form of significance, and is legally protected by international treaties.
- The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization; is a specialized agency of the United Nations based in Paris.
- Headquarters: Paris, France || Founded: 16 November 1945, London, United Kingdom || Head: Audrey Azoulay || Formation: 4 November 1945
2. First ‘Aadhaar Seva Kendra’
- UIDAI has started its first ‘Aadhaar Seva Kendra’ in Delhi and Vijayawada.
- UIDAI: Headquarters: New Delhi || CEO: Ajay Bhushan Pandey || Founder: Government of India || Founded: 28 January 2009, India || Ministry: Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, India.
3. National Research Foundation
- National Research Foundation will be set up in India for the research study.
- It is with an aim to fund, coordinate and promote research in India.
1. World Zoonoses Day
- World Zoonoses Day is held every year on July 6.
- The day commemorates July 6, 1885, when Louis Pasteur successfully administered the first vaccine against Rabies virus, a zoonotic disease.
- Zoonoses are infectious diseases caused by bacteria, viruses and parasites that spread between animals (usually vertebrates) and humans. Major modern diseases such as Ebola virus disease and salmonellosis are zoonoses.
2. Dubai Duty Free
- Dubai Duty Free has made India Rupee to be accepted at all the retail outlets of the Dubai airport.
- Dubai Duty Free is the company responsible for the duty-free operations at Dubai International Airport and Al Maktoum International Airport.
- CEO: Colm McLoughlin || Founded: 1983
3. New President of the European Commission
- Ursula von der Leyen of Germany has been elected as the new president of European Commission replacing Jean Claude Juncker.
- The President of the European Commission is the head of the European Commission, the executive branch of the European Union. The President of the Commission leads a cabinet of Commissioners, referred to as the college, collectively accountable to the European Parliament.
- Donald Tusk, President of the European Council
- David Sassoli, President of the European Parliament
- The European Union is a political and economic union of 28 member states that are located primarily in Europe.
4. Syama Prasad Mukherjee Birth Anniversary
- Syama Prasad Mukherjee was an Indian politician, barrister and academician, who served as the Minister for Industry and Supply in Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru’s cabinet.
- He quit the Indian National Congress because of differences of opinion with Nehru led government on the issue of Jammu & Kashmir.
- With the help of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh, he founded the Bharatiya Jana Sangh, the predecessor to the Bharatiya Janata Party, in 1951.
- Since BJP is the successor party of Bhartiya Jana Sangh, Mukherjee is regarded as the founder of BJP too.
1. ‘Vasool So-Ft’ Portal
- Karnataka Bank has launched ‘Vasool So-Ft’ Portal (Vasool So-Fast) for digitalising Non Performing Asset recovery process.
- Karnataka Bank: MD and CEO : Mahabaleshwara MS || Headquarters: Mangaluru.
- A non-performing loan is a loan that is in default or close to being in default. Many loans become non-performing after being in default for 90 days, but this can depend on the contract terms.
2. Pioneering Tax on Internet Giants
- France’s Lower House of Parliament has approved Pioneering Tax on Internet Giants like Google, Amazon and Facebook.
- The bill envisages a 3.0% tax on the French revenues of Digital Companies with Global Revenue of more than 750 million Euros.
- France :- Capital: Paris || President: Emmanuel Macron || Currencies: Euro, CFP franc
3. GoI with IBM India
- Government of India has inked pact with IBM India for a pilot study to utilise AI in agriculture.
- International Business Machines Corporation is an American multinational information technology company headquartered in Armonk, New York, with operations in over 170 countries.
- CEO: Ginni Rometty || Founder: Charles Ranlett Flint || Headquarters: Armonk, New York, United States
4. Ola in Landon
- Ola Cabs has received approval from London Transport Regulator to start Private Hire Vehicles.
- Ola Cabs, is an Indian origin online transportation network company developed by ANI Technologies Pvt. Ltd. As of May 2019, Ola was valued at about $6.2 billion. A variety of venture capitalists including Softbank have large stakes in the company.
- Ola: CEO: Bhavish Aggarwal || Headquarters: Bengaluru.
1. Kia Super League
- Lancashire Thunder has signed Cricketer Harmanpreet Kaur for 2019 Kia Super League
- The Lancashire Thunder is an English women’s Twenty20 cricket team based in Manchester, Lancashire that competes in England’s women’s Twenty20 competition, the Women’s Cricket Super League.
- The Women’s Cricket Super League, known as the Kia Super League for sponsorship reasons, is a semi-professional women’s Twenty20 cricket competition in England and Wales operated by the England and Wales Cricket Board.
2. Arjen Robben retires
- Arjen Robben is a Dutch former footballer who played as a winger for Netherlands National Football Team and Bayern Munich Fc.
- FC Bayern München is a German sports club based in Munich, Bavaria.
- Arena/Stadium: Allianz Arena || Manager: Niko Kovač
3. World University Games
- The 30th edition of World University Games has started in Napoli, Italy.
- ‘World University Games’ is an international multi-sport event, organized for university athletes by the International University Sports Federation (FISU).
- Daily Current Affairs: July 1
- Daily Current Affairs: July 2
- Daily Current Affairs: July 3
- Daily Current Affairs: July 4
- Daily Current Affairs: July 5
- Daily Current Affairs: July 6
- Daily Current Affairs: July 7
- Daily Current Affairs: July 8
- Daily Current Affairs: July 9
- Daily Current Affairs: July 10
- Daily Current Affairs: July 11
- Daily Current Affairs: July 12
- Daily Current Affairs: July 13
- Daily Current Affairs: July 14
- Daily Current Affairs: July 15
- Daily Current Affairs: July 16
- Daily Current Affairs: July 17
- Daily Current Affairs: July 18
- Daily Current Affairs: July 19
- Daily Current Affairs: July 20
- Daily Current Affairs: July 21
- Daily Current Affairs: July 22
- Daily Current Affairs: July 23
- Daily Current Affairs: July 24
- Daily Current Affairs: July 25
- Daily Current Affairs: July 26
- Daily Current Affairs: July 27
- Daily Current Affairs: July 28
- Daily Current Affairs: July 29
- Daily Current Affairs: July 30
- Daily Current Affairs: July 31