Daily Current Affairs 6 June 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 6 June 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 6 June 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 6 June 2018 Current affairs test.
- 1. India’s monetary policy committee voted unanimously to increase repo rate
- The the benchmark repo rate was raised by 25 basis points to 6.25 percent for the first time in more than four years.
- The reverse repo rate stands increased to 6 percent from 5.75 percent.
2. Karnataka Cabinet expansion: Cong’s DK Shivakumar takes oath as minister
- Senior Congress leader D K Shivakumar took oath as minister
- Of the 25 ministers, fourteen ministers are from the Congress, nine from its ruling coalition partner JD(S) and one each from the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) and the Karnataka Pragnyavantha Janatha Party (KPJP)
3. Modi Announces ‘Fund of Funds’ in Interaction With Young Innovators
- Video conferencing on the NaMo app, the Prime Minister underlined that adequate capital, courage and connecting with people are required for excelling in the start-up sector.
- The government has created a Rs 10,000 crore Fund of Funds.
4. Supreme Court allows quota in SC/ST employees’ promotion
- The Centre told the SC that it was bound to give promotion to its employees, and that promotion has virtually come to a standstill after orders passed by various high courts.
- The SC permitted the Centre to provide reservation in promotion for SC/ST employee as per law until Constitution bench adjudicates on issue.
1. Vladimir Putin names India, China and Russia as ‘major players’ in SCO
- The Shanghai Cooperation Organisation member states account for one-fourth of the world’s GDP, 43% of the international population and 23% of the global territory.
- The SCO was founded at a Shanghai summit in 2001 that featured the presidents of Russia, China, Kyrgyz Republic, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan.
2. Donald Trump and Kim Jong Un to Meet in Singapore’s Sentosa
- The June 12 meeting will be the first between sitting leaders of each country and will focus on denuclearisation of the Korean peninsula.
- Sentosa is home to palm-fringed beaches, casinos, tourist sites and some of the best golf courses in Asia. It also houses the luxurious Capella Hotel, which — at a distance from centres of population — can be more easily secured.
3. Narendra Modi at Shangri-La Dialogue
- At the Shangri-La Dialogue in Singapore, Prime Minister Narendra Modi expressed India’s eagerness to make ‘Indo-Pacific’ as the defining factor for new security architecture in Asia
- “stable, secure and prosperous Indo-Pacific Region” is an “important pillar” of India’s strategic partnership with the United States.
4. India is all set to lead in economic resurgence of South Asia:World Bank
- Global economic growth’ to remain robust at at 3.1 per cent in 2018 before its gradual slowdown in the next two years.
- Economic activity in South Asia has improved markedly since mid-2017 and continued to gain strength in early 2018.
1. President Ram Nath Kovind approves ordinance to treat home buyers as creditors
- The ordinance making amendments to the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC), which will recognise home buyers’ status as financial creditors.
- The ordinance would give home buyers due representation in the Committee of Creditors and make them an integral part of the decision making process.
2. Tech Mahindra elevates head of Canada operations as its CPO
- Tech Mahindra has elevated its head of Canada operations Harshvendra Soin as its chief people officer.
- Soin was earlier chief people officer at Fortis healthcare and Aditya Birla Retail before he joined Tech Mahindra .
3. Major sugar stocks gain up to 7% after govt announces bailout package of Rs 8,000 crore
- The Cabinet on Wednesday approved a bailout package of Rs 8,000 crore for the sector. The Minimum Selling Price (MSP) has been set at Rs 29 per kg.
- Shares of sugar companies rose on Wednesday as investors looked to bet on a bailout package announced by the government.
4. Microsoft program provides a decade of updates for Windows IoT devices
- The Windows IoT Core service offering is enabling partners to commercialize secure IoT devices backed by industry-leading support.
- It gives OEMs creating Windows-powered applications on machines like healthcare devices or ATMs this ability to manage them over an extended period.
1. India cricket captain Virat Kohli is among the world’s highest-paid athletes
- Kohli is ranked 83rd with earnings of USD 24 million.
- The ‘World’s Highest-Paid Athletes 2018’ list is topped by Mayweather, with USD 285 million earnings.
2. Indian cricket captain Virat Kohli’s wax statue was unveiled at the Madame Tussauds
- Kohli is the latest sporting celebrity after Lionel Messi, Kapil Dev and Usian Bolt, who made it to the India branch of the iconic wax statue museum.
- Madame Tussauds Delhi is an attraction that portrays the fascinating world of Bollywood and Hollywood, renowned sportspersons, historical and political personalities.
3. James Sutherland has announced his resignation as Cricket Australia (CA) chief executive.
- Sutherland has announced his resignation in another major bombshell to hit the besieged governing body since the ball-tampering fiasco.
- Sutherland has been in the role since June 2001.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,6 June