Daily Current Affairs 6 March 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 6 March 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 6 March 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 6 March 2018 Current affairs test.
1.Biplab Kumar Deb to be appointed as Tripura CM
- Deb, a former RSS volunteer is BJP’s state unit chief and carried out door-to-door campaigns for the assembly elections.
- Jishnu Deb Burman has been selected for the post of Deputy CM.
2.Delhi civic bodies buy e-cars
- The SDMC launched 32 electric cars while it is planning to launch another 43 vehicles.
- The civic agencies have also decided to develop charging stations for public vehicles.
3. India has highest percentage of women commercial pilots
- India has 12% of the 10,000 commercial pilots being women.
- The global average percentage stands at 5.4%.
1. India ranked fourth most powerful military in world
- The Global Firepower Index 2017 has ranked India after US, Russia and China.
- It also cites that India’s total aircraft strength is 2,102 as against US’ 13,762.
2. Sri Lanka imposes state of emergency
- Sri Lanka imposed a 10-day nation-wide state of emergency due to clashes between the Buddhist and Muslim communities.
- The govt warned to take stern action against those instigating violence through social media.
3. World’s largest military reduces troop size
- China has reduced its troop size to 20 lakh by decommissioning 3 lakh troops.
- The country has announced a defence budget of $175 bn for this year.
1. Chanda Kochhar summoned in PNB fraud case
- ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar and Axis Bank MD Shikha Sharma have been summoned in the PNB fraud case.
- They have been called in connection with working capital loans given to Mehul Choksi-owned Gitanjali Gems.
2. Infosys CEO gets 1.13 lakh stock units
3. RBI fines IOB Rs.2 cr after detecting fraud
1. Indian shooter wins 2 golds in 2 days at World Cup
- 16-yr old Manu Bhaker won the medals at the ISSF Shooting World Cup.
- India is on top of the medal tally with 7 medals overall and 3 golds.
2. Sunil Gavaskar named as Commissioner of T20 Mumbai League
- The T20 Mumbai League will take place at the Wankhade Stadium from March 11-21.
- This comes days after Sachin Tendulkar was made the brand ambassador for the six-team league.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz, 6 March