Daily Current Affairs 6 May 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 6 May 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 6 May 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 6 May 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Snakes bites are a disaster to Odisha
- 37% of disaster prone deaths are caused due to snake bites.
- It is declared as a state-specific disaster.
2. Andhra CM to pay for rape victim’s education
- Naidu has announced that he will personally bear the expenses.
- 2 acres of land, a house and job for her father will be provided.
3. TN to pay students giving NEET outside
- Travel allowance will be given to students writing NEET outside the state.
- Cash allowance of Rs.1000 will also be given.
4. Cancelled train tickets to be refunded
- The ticket amounts for trains that are cancelled from origin to destination will be refunded.
- Refunds can be claimed if the train is diverted or delayed by 3 hrs.
1. Israel doesn’t compete for UNSC seat
- Israel was competing with Germany and Belgium for the seats allocated to the Western Europe.
- The UNSC have 5 permanent and 10 non-permanent members.
2. Palestinians injured at Gaza border
- 1100 Palestinians were injured after Israeli troops fired live rounds and tear gas.
- Palestinians were demanding the right to return to their homeland.
3. Volcano erupts in Hawaii
- Kilauea volcano erupted on the US state’s Big Island.
- Two earthquakes of magnitude 5.4 and 6.9 hit the island.
1. India’s growth rate is fast : ADB
- Yasuyuki Sawada said that the economy can be doubled in 10 years if it grows at 7%.
- He added that India should focus on reducing income inequality.
2. Berkshire Hathaway reports 1st loss in 9 yrs
- The company reported a net loss of $1.1 bn in March quarter.
- The revenue fell to $109 bn from the record $116 bn .
3. AI may shut down if not divested
- The carrier might shut down until the govt puts taxpayer’s money as investment.
- Air India could head for a 2-yr loss of approximately $2 bn.
1. MI register win over KKR
- MI won their 7th consecutive match against KKR since 2015.
- The team is place 5th in the IPL points table.
2. Biopic on Saina
- Shraddha Kapoor will play Saina Nehwal’s role in the biopic.
- The biopic will be directed by Amol Gupte.