Daily Current Affairs 6 November 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 06 November 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 06 November 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 6 November 2017 Current affairs test.
1.Balijatra festival begins in Cuttack.
- The annual ‘Balijatra’ festival was inaugurated by Health and Law Minister Pratap Jena at -Gadagadia ghat in Odisha on the banks of River Mahanadi.
- The week long famous fair on an area of 30acres on the river bank will continue till November 10.
2.Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana launched to promote Philately.
- Minister of Communication Shri Manoj Sinha launched a Pan India scholarship program for school children called Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana to increase the reach of Philately.
- Under the scheme SPARSH(Scholarship for Promotion of Aptitude & Research in Stamps as a Hobby), it is proposed to award annual scholarship to children of standard VI to IX having good academic record and also pursuing Philately as a hobby.
3.Assam CM Sabranand Sonowal launches 647 schemes for development of Majuli.
- Assam Chief Minister Sabranand Sonowal rolled out 647 schemes entailing an investment of Rs.24.57crore for development of world’s largest river island Majuli.
- Majuli is India’s first island district and it is in Bramhputra River, Assam.
4.Sri Ranganathaswamy mandir gets UNESCO award..
- The renowned Sri Ranganathaswamy Temple in Srirangam,Tamil Nadu which is among the 108 divya desams, has been recognised with an Award of Merit, 2017, from Unesco’s Asia Pacific award for cultural heritage conservation.
- The temple got international recognition for the beautification and renovation work for Rs 20 crore taken up prior to a consecration ceremony in 2015, without affecting its centuries-old heritage.
1.Offshore dealings of 714 Indians leaked in Paradise Papers.
- With over 714 Indians named in Paradise Papers leak detailing offshore dealings, India has ranked 19th among 180 countries in terms of the number of names revealed in the leak.
- An Indian company also figures as the second largest client of the Bermuda based law firm Appleby from which most of the data was leaked.
2.Sacked Catalan President surrenders to Belgian police.
- Sacked Catalan President Carles Puigdemont and four former ministers surrendered before Belgian authorities.
- This comes after Spain issued an International arrest warrant charging him with sedition, rebellion and misuse of public funds.
3.27 killed, 30,000 evacuated as Typhoon Damrey hits Vietnam.
- At least 27 were killed and 22 others went missing after typhoon Damrey struck Vietnam’s southern coastal region.
- The storm which made landfall, damaged over 40,000 homes and prompted the evacuation of more than 30,000 people.
1.ICICI bank teams with Apple to launch voice based International Remittance service.
- ICICI bank announced the launch of India’s first voice-based international remittance service to enable non-resident Indians(NRI) to send money to any bank in India.
- Notably, it is first-of-its-kind cross-border remittance service by a bank in the country.
2.Col. Rathore in Egypt to attend World Youth Forum.
- The Minister of State(I/C) Youth Affairs and Sports Col. Rajyavardhan Rathore is in Egypt to attend World Youth Forum at Sharam El Sheikh.
- The five day forum was inaugurated by the President of Egypt Mr. Abdelfateh El Sisi.
1.Aditi Ashok wins in Abu Dhabi for her third LET title.
- 19 year old Indian golfer Aditi Ashok made her return to the Ladies European Tour by clinching the Fatima Bint Mubarak Ladies Open in Abu Dhabi.
- It is Aditi’s third LET win in less than 12 months.
- Daily Current Affairs: November 1
- Daily Current Affairs: November 2
- Daily Current Affairs: November 3
- Daily Current Affairs: November 4
- Daily Current Affairs: November 5
- Daily Current Affairs: November 6
- Daily Current Affairs: November 7
- Daily Current Affairs: November 8
- Daily Current Affairs: November 9
- Daily Current Affairs: November 10
- Daily Current Affairs: November 11
- Daily Current Affairs: November 12
- Daily Current Affairs: November 13
- Daily Current Affairs: November 14
- Daily Current Affairs: November 15