Daily Current Affairs 6 November 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 6 November 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 6 November 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 6 November 2018 Current affairs test.
1. INS Arihant
- INS Arihant- A Strategic Strike Nuclear Submarines has completed its first deterrence patrol for India.
- It is the lead ship of India’s Arihant class of nuclear-powered ballistic missile submarines. The 6,000 tonne vessel was built under the Advanced Technology Vessel project at the Ship Building Centre in the port city of Visakhapatnam.
2. Mere Pyaare Prime Minister – A Movie
- ‘Mere Pyaare Prime Minister’ was the only Asian film at the 13th Rome Film Festival.
- Directed by :- Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra || Writing Credits :- Hussain Dalal, Manoj Mairta, Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra.
3. Manohar Pralhad Awati passes away
- Retd Vice Admiral Manohar Pralhad Awati has passed away in Satara, Maharashtra.
- He was a veteran of the 1971 Indo-Pakistan war and a Vir Chakra Awardee.
1. World Tsunami Awareness Day
- World Tsunami Awareness Day is observed on November 5.
- In 2015, the UN General Assembly declared November 5 as World Tsunami Awareness Day.
2. India’s ambassador to Japan
- Sanjay Kumar Verma has been appointed as ambassador of India to Japan.
- Capital: Tokyo || Currency: Japanese yen || Prime minister: Shinzō Abe
3. ‘Sharjah-India Business Roundtable’
- ‘Sharjah-India Business Roundtable’ was held in Sharjah, UAE.
- Capital: Abu Dhabi || Currency: United Arab Emirates dirham || President: Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan
4. Korea Marine Exercise Program
- South Korea and USA to resume marine exercises ‘Korea Marine Exercise Program (KMEP)’, in Pohang, South Korea.
- It was on hold for 6 months in the middle of peace efforts with North Korea by South Korea and USA.
1. India Electronics and Semiconductor Association
- Rajesh Ram Mishra has been appointed as the President of India Electronics and Semiconductor Association.
- IESA: Headquarters: Bangalore || Chairman: Anilkumar Muniswamy.
2. ‘Lifetime Achievement Award 2018’ by FICCI
- Dr. Ramdas M Pai was awarded ‘Lifetime Achievement Award 2018’ by FICCI.
- Dr. Ramdas is the Chancellor and President of Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE).
3. IPI (International Press Institute) India Award
- Namrata Biji Ahuja has been awarded the International Press Institute India Award for excellence in journalism 2018.
- She is a senior special correspondent with The Week magazine.
4. ICICI Bank with Amazon pay
- ICICI Bank with ‘Amazon Pay’ to launch ‘Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card’ A co-branded credit card.
- It will be available on Visa platform.
1. Rolex Paris Masters 2018
- Men’s Singles :- Winner :- Karen Khachanov (Russia) || Runner-up :- Novak Djokovic (Serbia).
- It is an annual tennis tournament for male tennis players held in Paris, France.
2. SaarLorLux Open 2018 (badminton)
- SaarLorLux Open 2018 badminton tournament was held in Germany.
- Men’s Singles :- Subhankar Dey (India)
3. International Boxing Association (AIBA)
- Gafur Rakhimov has been elected president of International Boxing Association (AIBA).
- He is an Uzbek businessman.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,6 November