Daily Current Affairs 06 October 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 06 October 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 06 October 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 06 October 2017 Current affairs test.
1. President to inaugurate India Water Week 2017
- President Ram Nath Kovind will inaugurate India Water Week – 2017 on October 10, 2017 in New Delhi in the presence of Union Minister of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Nitin Gadkari and Union Ministers of State for Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Arjun Ram Meghwal and Dr. Satya Pal Singh.
- About 1500 delegates from India and 13 other countries will attend the five day international event. The theme of India Water Week – 2017 is “Water and Energy for Inclusive Growth”.
2. Government to set up High-Level committee for Water Management.
- Centre has set up a high-level committee for proper management for water resource in the N-E region.
- The committee will be headed by NITI Aayog Vice Chairman Rajiv Kumar.
3. Gauri Lankesh first Indian journalist to win Anna Politkovskaya Award.
- Journalist-Activist Gauri Lankesh, who was shot dead by unknown assailants recently, has been posthumously accorded with the prestigious Anna Politkovskaya Award.
- Anna Politkovskaya was a Russian journalist, who was killed in 2006 in Moscow for her courage to speak out on behalf of the suffering of the civilians in the war in Chechnya.
1. 2017 Nobel Peace Prize awarded to ICAN
- The International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear weapons(ICAN) has been awarded the 2017 Nobel Peace Prize for its work to draw attention to the catastrophic humanitarian consequences of any use of nuclear weapons.
- The Peace Prize calls upon nuclear armed states to initiate negotiations to gradual elimination of the world’s 15,000 nuclear weapons, a statement by Nobel Foundation.
2. Kazuo Ishiguro wins 2017 Nobel Literature Prize.
- Kazuo Ishiguro has been awarded the 2017 Nobel Prize in Literature.
- Sixty-Four year old Kauzo Ishiguro was born in Japan and his family moved to the UK when he was five.
3. World Space week observed globally.
- The World Space Week is organized across the world from 4th October to 10th October.
- In 1999, UN General Assembly declared that world space week will take place from 4th October to 10th October every year.
1. India to be Guest Country at the World Government Summit.
- The World Government Summit announced that India is a guest country in its upcoming gathering.
- World Government Summit is a Dubai headquartered International organization.
2. Airtel gets approval of Ghana Government over Tigo merger.
- Bharti Airtel has received Ghana’s National Communication Authority’s approval for the merger between Bharti Ghana (Airtel) and Millicom Ghana (Tigo).
- This merger will result in an entity which will be the second largest mobile network operations in the country.
3. ‘Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav-2017’ to be held in Ahmadabad from 7th to 9th October, 2017
- The “Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav (RSM)-2017” will be held from 7th to 9th October, 2017 in India’s 1st World Heritage City i.e Ahmadabad, Gujarat.
1. FIFA U-17 World Cup 2017 started.
- The much awaited FIFA U-17 World Cup started with four opening day matches to be played in Delhi and Mumbai.
- The official mascot of the FIFA U-17 World Cup India 2017 is a clouded leopard called Kheleo.
2. Mithali Raj to write autobiography.
- Indian Women’s cricket team captain Mithali Raj is writing her autobiography, which will release in 2018.
- The book will provide candid and revealing look into her personal and sporting life.
- Daily Current Affairs: October 1
- Daily Current Affairs: October 2
- Daily Current Affairs: October 3
- Daily Current Affairs: October 4
- Daily Current Affairs: October 5
- Daily Current Affairs: October 6
- Daily Current Affairs: October 7
- Daily Current Affairs: October 8
- Daily Current Affairs: October 9
- Daily Current Affairs: October 10
- Daily Current Affairs: October 11
- Daily Current Affairs: October 12
- Daily Current Affairs: October 13
- Daily Current Affairs: October 14
- Daily Current Affairs: October 15