Daily Current Affairs 6 October 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 6 October 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 6 October 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try
6 October 2018 Current affairs test.
1. India International Science Festival
- President Kovind has inaugurated the 4th India International Science Festival in Lucknow.
- President quoted to the low participation of women in higher science. With 3,446 scientists working at the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, only 632 – or 18.3 per cent – are women.
- Theme of IISF 2018 : ‘Science for Transformation’.
2. International Conference on Women’s Health, Wellness and Empowerment
- President Kovind has addressed an International Conference on Women’s Health, Wellness and Empowerment in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh.
- This event is organised by the Federation of Obstetric and Gynaecological Societies of India and the Kanpur Obstetric and Gynaecological Society.
3. IndiaSkills 2018
- IndiaSkills 2018 is country’s biggest skill competition has concluded recently.
- IndiaSkills 2018 was the second edition of the nationwide competition organized by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, to identify, recognize, promote and reward the best talents in various skills.
4. India to buy S-400 aerial-defence system
- India will buy S-400 aerial-defence system from Russia.
- The deal is of $5-billion.
1. AIM-SIRIUS Innovation Festival 2018
- An MOU is signed between Atal Innovation Mission and SIRIUS(Russia) to promote innovative cooperation between students of India and Russia.
- Atal Tinkering Labs and SIRIUS Educational Foundation has organised a four-day Indo-Russian ATL innovation boot-camp.
- Department of Design, IIT Delhi is the supporting partner in that.
2. World Teachers’ Day
- World Teachers’ Day was observed on October 5.
- Theme :- ‘The right to education means the right to a qualified teacher’.
3. 2nd IORA Renewable Energy Ministerial Meeting
- Around 21 countries from Indian Ocean Rim Association has adopted Delhi Declaration on Renewable Energy.
- 2nd IORA Renewable Energy Ministerial Meeting was held at Greater Noida, Delhi.
4. New Font ‘Sans Forgetica’
- Sans Forgetica is a font designed using the principles of cognitive psychology to help us to better remember study notes.
- It was created by a multidisciplinary team of designers and behavioural scientists from RMIT University.
5. Nobel Peace Prize for the year 2018
- Peace Prize has been awarded to Denis Mukwege (Congolese gynaecologist) and Nadia Murad (German-based Yazidis-Iraqi human rights activist).
- For their efforts to end sexual violence as a weapon of warfare.
- Repo Rate : 6.50%
- Reverse Repo Rate : 6.25%
- MSF (Marginal Standing Facility) : 6.75%
- Bank Rate : 6.75%
- CRR : 4%
- SLR : 19.5%
- The following are the members of the MPC
- Governor of the Reserve Bank of India – Chairperson, ex officio – Urjit Patel
- Deputy Governor of the Bank, in charge of Monetary Policy—Member, ex officio – Viral V Acharya
- One officer of the Reserve Bank of India to be nominated by the Central Board – Member, ex officio; – Michael Patra
- Chetan Ghate, Professor, Indian Statistical Institute (ISI) – Member
- Pami Dua, Director, Delhi School of Economics – Member
- Ravindra H. Dholakia, Professor, Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad – Member
- The committee was created in 2016 to bring transparency and accountability in fixing India’s Monetary Policy.
- India Chem 2018 is 10th Biennial International Exhibition and Conference has begun in Mumbai.
- Ramon Laguarta has succeeded former CEO Indra Nooyi.
- PepsiCo, Inc. is an American multinational food, snack, and beverage corporation headquartered in Purchase, New York. PepsiCo has interests in the manufacturing, marketing, and distribution of grain-based snack foods, beverages.
- 36th National Games, Goa will be held from March 30 to April 14 2019.
- The country’s first few Olympic Games, now renamed as National Games, were held in North India (Delhi, Lahore, Allahabad, Patiala), Madras, Calcutta, and Bombay.
- India beat Malaysia 2-1 in opening match of Sultan of Johor Cup.
- The Sultan of Johor Cup is an annual, international under–21 men’s field hockey tournament held in Malaysia. The first edition was held in 2011
- Wollongong, Australia will host 2022 road world cycling championships.
- It will be the second time Australia will be hosting the event, after the 2010 edition of Melbourne.
1. 4th bi-monthly policy statement from RBI
2. India Chem 2018
3. New CEO of PepsiCo
1. 36th National Games
2. Sultan of Johor Cup
3. 2022 Road world cycling championships