Daily Current Affairs 6th 7th July 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 6th 7th July 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 6th 7th July 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 6th 7th July 2020 Current affairs test.
1. First Transgender Operator of Common Service Centre in India
- Zoya Khan of Vadodara has become the first Transgender operator of the Common Service Centre in India.
- Common Service Centres are physical facilities for delivering Government of India e-Services to rural and remote locations where availability of computers and Internet was negligible or mostly absent.
2. Sanskrit Saptahiki by AIR
- All India Radio will broadcast its first-ever ‘News Magazine Programme ‘Sanskrit Saptahiki’ in Sanskrit.
- All India Radio, officially known since 1956 as Akashvani, is the national public radio broadcaster of India and is a division of PrasarBharati. It was established in 1936. It is the sister service of PrasarBharati’s Doordarshan, an Indian television broadcaster.
3. Balaram Yojana
- Odisha Government has launched ‘Balaram Yojana’ to provide crop loan to landless farmers.
- Aim: To target 7 lakh landless farmers in the next two years.
- Governor of Odisha: Ganeshi Lal
1. ZipDrive by HDFC
- HDFC Bank has launched ‘ZipDrive’ online instant auto loans.
- HDFC Bank: Headquarters Mumbai || Managing Director of HDFC Bank: Aditya Puri.
1. Book ‘Getting Competitive: A Practitioner’s Guide for India’
- Maruti Suzuki chairman R C Bhargava has penned down a book named ‘Getting Competitive: A Practitioner’s Guide for India’.
- R C Bhargava experience of more than 60 years as a policymaker and industry leader to give practical suggestions.
2. Book ‘Overdraft: Saving the Indian Saver’
- Former RBI Governor Urjit Patel has authored book ‘Overdraft: Saving the Indian Saver’.
- This book deals on how to deal with NPA issue.
Science and Technology News
1. Learning through E-Resources Made Accessible for Delhi (LEAD)
- Delhi Government has launched ‘Learning through E-Resources Made Accessible for Delhi’ (LEAD) which is an e-learning portal.
- Governor of Delhi: Anil Baijal.
2. Elyments App
- Vice President M. Venkiah Naidu has launched Elyments App which is said to be the first Made-in-India social media super-app.
- A vibrant feed, free audio/video calls, and private/group chats.
1. World Chocolate Day
- World Chocolate Day/International Chocolate Day is an annual observance that occurs globally on 7th of July.
Agreements and MoUs
1. CBSE with Facebook
- CBSE and Facebook have partnered to launch curriculum on ‘Digital safety and online well-being’ and ‘Augmented Reality’ for students/educators.
- CBSE: Headquarters: Delhi || Founded: 1962 || Chairperson: Manoj Ahuja
2. NLC India with Coal India
- Coal India has tied-up with NLC to develop Solar and Thermal Power Assets.
- Coal India: HQ: Kolkata CMD: Pramod Agrawal
- NLC India Limited is a ‘Navratna’ government of India company in the fossil fuel mining sector in India and thermal power generation. It annually produces about 30 million tonne lignite from opencast mines at Neyveli in the state of Tamil Nadu in southern India and at Barsingsar in Bikaner district of Rajasthan state.
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. The Diana Award 2020
- A 13-year-old student Freya Thakral has been awarded the 2020 Diana Award for her ‘Recycler App’.
- Established in memory of Diana, Princess of Wales, The Diana Award is the most prestigious accolade a young person aged 9-25 years can receive for their social action or humanitarian work.
1. Virtual Race across America (VRAAM) 2020
- Indian Army Lt Col Bharat Pannu has ranked at 3rd position in the first edition of the Virtual Race Across America (VRAAM) 2020.
- He became the first-ever Indian to secure a podium position in the international ultra-cycling race.