Daily Current Affairs 6th 7th June 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 6th 7th June 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 6th 7th June 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 6th 7th June 2020 Current affairs test.
1. First state to provide free internet to poor
- Kerala has become first state to provide free internet to poor.
- Chief Minister: Pinarayi Vijayan || Governor: Arif Mohammad Khan.
2. The Urban Learning Internship Program (TULIP)
- ‘The Urban Learning Internship Program (TULIP)’ has been launched by Government of India.
- Aim: To provide internship opportunities to fresh graduates in all Urban Local Bodies.
3. Nagar Van
- Nagar Van (Urban Forests) programme has been launched with an objective of increasing the forest cover in urban areas.
- with 200 corporations and cities across India while urging people to actively participate and increase the tree cover in their areas.
4. Syama Prasad Mookerjee Port Trust
- Cabinet has approved the renaming of Kolkata Port Trust as Syama Prasad Mukherjee Port Trust.
- Syama Prasad Mukherjee was an Indian politician, barrister and academician, who served as the Minister for Industry and Supply in Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru’s cabinet.
1. Unique Twin Summit in 2021
- World Economic Forum will host a Unique Twin Summit in January 2021.
- Aim: Connecting key global governmental and business leaders in Davos.
- Theme: ‘The Great Reset’.
- Founder and Executive Chairman of the World Economic Forum: Klaus Schwab.
2. Manushi Chhillar with UNICEF
- Former Miss World Manushi Chhillar has teamed up with UNICEF to spread awareness about menstruation.
- UNICEF: Executive Director– Henrietta H. Fore || Headquarters– New York
1. Payments Infrastructure Development Fund
- RBI has launched a Rs 500 crore ‘Payments Infrastructure Development Fund’.
- Aim: To encourage acquirers to deploy Points of Sale (PoS) infrastructure.
- RBI 25th Governor: Shaktikanta Das || Headquarters: Mumbai || Founded: 1 April 1935, Kolkata.
2. Soft POS for Smart-phone
- Mastercard, Axis Bank and Worldline have launched Soft POS to enable smartphones to be used as POS devices.
- Axis Bank : Headquarters– Mumbai || Chief Executive Officer– Amitabh Chaudhry
- MasterCard : Headquarters– New York || Chief Executive Officer– Ajay Banga
1. Kushal Pal Singh retires
- Kushal Pal Singh retired as the Chairman of Delhi Land & Finance Limited (DLF).
- DLF Limited is Gurgaon based commercial real estate developer. It was founded by Chaudhary Raghvendra Singh in 1946 and is based in New Delhi, India.
1. Booklet ‘Safe online learning in the times of COVID-19’
- Information booklet ‘Safe online learning in the times of COVID-19’ has been launched by NCERT and UNESCO
- NCERT: Headquarters: New Delhi || Director: Hrushikesh Senapaty || Founder: Government of India || Founded: 1961 || President: Ramesh Pokhriyal
- UNESCO: Headquarters: Paris, France || Head: Audrey Azoulay
1. Senior Advisor to the Executive Director of World Bank
- Rajeev Topno has been appointed as the Senior Advisor to the Executive Director of World Bank.
- Rajeev Topno is an Indian Civil Servant as a member of Indian Administrative Service of Gujarat Cadre and as director to the Prime Minister’s office New Delhi. On 16 July 2014 he was appointed private secretary to the Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi.
- President of World Bank: David Malpass
2. India’s new ambassador to WTO
- Brajendra Navnit has been appointed as India’s new ambassador to World Trade Organization.
- World Trade Organization;: Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland || Membership: 164 member states || Founded: 1 January 1995.
3. Ambassador of India to Romania
- Rahul Shrivastava has been appointed as next Ambassador of India to Romania
- Romania : Capital: Bucharest || Currency: Romanian leu
Agreements and MoUs
1. GAIL (India) with Energy Efficiency Services Ltd
- GAIL (India) and Energy Efficiency Services (EESL) have signed MoU for development of Trigeneration projects in India.
- GAIL : Headquarters– New Delhi || CEO- Shri Manoj Jain
- EESL: Headquarters– New Delhi || Chairman– Rajeev Sharma
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year 2020
- Kiran Mazumdar Shaw has been named EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year for 2020.
- Kiran Mazumdar Shaw is the founder and current Chairperson and Managing Director of Biocon Limited
- She is the only the third Indian to receive this prestigious award joining the leagues Uday Kotak and Narayana Murthy.