Daily Current Affairs 6th February 2024: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 6th February2024. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 6th February2024. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 6th February2024 Current affairs test.
1. Discovery of Eratosthenes Canyon Near Cyprus by Israeli Scientists
- Israeli scientists from the Geological Institute have announced the discovery of a significant underwater canyon near Cyprus, named the Eratosthenes Canyon, after the nearby undersea mountain.
- This geological finding provides insight into the Mediterranean’s ancient history, dating back to the Messinian Salinity Crisis around 5.5 million years ago.
- The canyon, with a width of approximately 10 kilometers and a depth reaching 500 meters, showcases the region’s notable geological features.
2. Bharat Rang Mahotsav Inaugurated in Gujarat’s Kachchh District
- The Bharat Rang Mahotsav, India’s premier theatre festival, celebrated its opening in Kachchh district, Gujarat, featuring ‘Uttararamacharitam’ directed by Dr. Chavan Pramod R. from Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda.
- Marking its 25th year, the festival highlights India’s cultural diversity with various theatrical performances, including those by NSD students in Gujarati.
3. “Dhami Against Drugs Campaign” Launched in Uttarakhand
- Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami has launched a campaign against drug abuse in Uttarakhand, aiming for a drug-free state by 2025.
- The campaign, which runs from February 5 to February 10, involves community efforts led by the Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha Metropolitan Dehradun to combat drug abuse.
4. Bapu Tower, a New Landmark in Patna, Bihar
- Patna, Bihar, now features the Bapu Tower, a 120-foot structure with six floors in Gardanibagh, dedicated to Mahatma Gandhi’s legacy by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
- The tower is envisioned as an educational and reflective center focusing on Gandhi’s principles of peace, non-violence, and his contributions to India’s independence.
5. Jammu and Kashmir Granted $14 Billion Interim Budget for 2024-25
- The Indian government, through Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, has allocated a $14 billion interim budget for the fiscal year 2024-25 to Jammu and Kashmir.
- This allocation emphasizes India’s commitment to the economic development of Jammu and Kashmir, surpassing the financial assistance sought by Pakistan from the IMF.
Banking Sector Insights
6. Reserve Bank of India’s Annual Report on Banking Sector for 2022-23
- The Reserve Bank of India’s annual report covers the performance of cooperative banks and NBFCs, highlighting strong capital ratios, improved asset quality, and significant earnings growth.
- NBFCs reported a notable 14.8% increase in balance sheet growth, indicating the robustness of India’s banking and non-banking financial institutions.
7. Safer Internet Day 2024 Celebrated Globally
- Observed on February 6th, Safer Internet Day 2024 focused on the theme “Inspiring Change. Making a difference, managing influence and navigating change online,” promoting a safer and more respectful online environment.
Rankings and Reports
8. Mukesh Ambani Ranked First Among Indian Executives in Brand Guardianship Index 2024
- Mukesh Ambani of Reliance Industries Limited achieved the first rank among Indian executives and second globally in the Brand Guardianship Index 2024 by Brand Finance, with a BGI score of 80.3.
Summits and Conferences
9. Prime Minister Narendra Modi to Speak at World Government Summit in Dubai
- Set to address the World Government Summit in Dubai on February 14, Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit includes the inauguration of the UAE’s first traditional stone temple, highlighting India-UAE cultural ties.
Awards and Honors
10. PT Usha Awarded ‘Lifetime Achievement’ by SJFI and DSJA
- Legendary Indian sprinter and President of the IOA, PT Usha, receivedthe ‘Lifetime Achievement’ award in recognition of her contributions to Indian athletics.
11. REC Limited Wins Best Green Bond – Corporate Award
- The Asset Triple A Awards for Sustainable Finance honored REC Limited for its $750 million issuance of USD Green Bonds, showcasing India’s progress in sustainable finance.
12. Dr. Bina Modi Named ‘Outstanding Business Woman of the Year 2023’
- The Indo-American Chamber of Commerce (IACC) recognized Dr. Bina Modi, Chairperson of Modi Enterprises, for her leadership and industry contributions.
13. Rajendra Prasad Gupta Appointed as Rajasthan’s New Advocate General
- Following his appointment by Governor Kalraj Mishra, Rajendra Prasad Gupta succeeds MS Singhvi as Rajasthan’s Advocate General.
14. Lieutenant General Upendra Dwivedi Named Indian Army’s New Vice Chief
- Lt Gen. Upendra Dwivedi takes over from Lt Gen MV Suchindra Kumar, bringing extensive experience to his new role in the Indian Army.
15. Ahmed Awad bin Mubarak Appointed Prime Minister of Yemen
- In a significant move, the former Foreign Minister has been named Prime Minister by Yemen’s Presidential Leadership Council during a challenging period.
Literature and Education
16. ‘Artificial Intelligence and National Security’ Unveiled at Defence Literature Festival
- CDS General Anil Chauhan introduced a new book focused on AI’s role in national defense, highlighting literature’s importance in addressing security concerns.
17. K.R. Mangalam University Appoints Former CJI as Distinguished Professor
- Hon’ble Justice U.U. Lalit joins The School of Legal Studies at K.R. Mangalam University, enhancing its legal education program.
18. Approval for Adiyogi Shiva Statue Construction Near Noida International Airport
- The Civil Aviation Ministry has approved the Isha Foundation’s initiative to construct a 242 feet high Adiyogi Shiva statue in Jewar, Uttar Pradesh, aimed at promoting spiritual and cultural growth.