Daily Current Affairs 6th January 2023: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 6th January 2023. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 6th January 2023. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 6th January 2023 Current affairs test.
1. Promotion of Hydro Tourism at the NHPC Dam in Alchi, Leh
- Liquid sports activities like Jet Skiing, Motor boating, Ice skating during winters, and sailing during summers are slated for phased introductions.
- The Ladakh Tourism Department has collaborated with the National Hydroelectric Power Corporation (NHPC) to foster hydro tourism at the world’s largest hydro power project located on the Indus river, near Alchi in Leh.
- Concurrently, the Indian government’s tourism board, in association with the military’s Fire and Fury Corps, is advancing border tourism initiatives.
2. ‘Best Police Unit’ Award for 2021
- The police departments of Jalna and Nagpur, both in Maharashtra, have been conferred with the ‘Best Police Unit’ award for 2021.
- This accolade is presented in various categories, acknowledging commendable achievements in community policing and maintaining societal tranquility.
Summits & Conferences
3. G20 International Ministers’ Conference, March 2023 in Delhi
- Pragati Maidan in New Delhi is prepped to be the venue for the G20 International Ministers’ Conference in March 2023.
- A roster of anticipated attendees has been unveiled by the government, which includes dignitaries like Joe Biden (US Vice President), Vladimir Putin (President of Russia), Rishi Sunak (Prime Minister of Britain), Xi Jinping (President of China), among others.
- Special invitees for the event comprise countries such as Bangladesh, Egypt, Mauritius, the Netherlands, Nigeria, Oman, Singapore, Spain, and the United Arab Emirates. The conference will also see the participation of Amitabh Kant, India’s designated G20 “Sherpa”.