Daily Current Affairs 6th November 2023: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 6th November 2023. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 6th November 2023. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 6th November 2023 Current affairs test.
Observances and Awareness Days:
1. International Day for Preventing the Exploitation of the Environment in War and Armed Conflict
- Celebrated globally on November 6th, 2023, this day raises awareness about the environmental impacts of war and armed conflict.
2. Joint Development Projects Inaugurated by India and Bangladesh
- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina jointly inaugurated key development projects in power and rail sectors via video conferencing.
- Projects include the Akhaura – Agartala Cross-Border Rail Link, the Khulna – Mongla Port Rail Line, and Unit-II of the Maitree Super Thermal Power Plant.
3. Launch of NECP and EEFP by EESL
- The Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) launched the National Efficient Cooking Programme (NECP) and the Energy Efficient Fans Programme (EEFP) in New Delhi.
- These programs aim to transform cooking practices and promote the use of energy-efficient fans in India.
4. India to Host World Telecommunication Standardisation Assembly 2024
- India is set to host the World Telecommunication Standardisation Assembly (WTSA) in 2024, announced by Union Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw.
- WTSA, a key event of the International Telecommunication Union Telecommunication Standardization Sector (ITU-T), occurs every four years.
Banking and Finance:
5. RBI’s New Guidelines for Non-Callable Term Deposits
- The RBI has increased the minimum amount for offering Non-Callable Term Deposits (TDs) to Rs 1 crore.
- This change allows premature withdrawal from fixed deposits up to Rs 1 crore and applies to NRE and NRO Deposits.
6. IRDAI Task Force to Review Bancassurance Framework
- The IRDAI, led by Debasish Panda, has formed a task force to review the existing bancassurance framework.
- The task force, headed by Meena Kumari, aims to enhance the collaboration model between banks and insurance companies.
Awards and Recognitions:
7. Business Line Changemaker Awards 2023
- At the 5th Business Line Changemaker Awards ceremony in New Delhi, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) was awarded the Changemaker of the Year 2023.
- Amul was recognized as the Iconic Changemaker, with awards accepted by RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das and Jayen Mehta of GCMMF.