Daily Current Affairs 6th September 2023: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 6th September 2023. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 6th September 2023. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 6th September 2023 Current affairs test.
1. India Unveils World’s First Portable Arogya Maitri Cube Hospital
- India proudly presented the first-of-its-kind portable hospital, specially designed for disaster situations, comprising 72 unique cubes. This innovative project is an integral part of “Project BHISHM” (Bharat Health Initiative for Sahyog Hita and Maitri), initiated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in February 2022. The grand unveiling took place at the MedTech Expo in Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
- The heart of this groundbreaking hospital lies in its 72 cubes, each equipped with essential medical tools and facilities. Features include an operation room, a compact ICU, life support systems, diagnostic instruments, nourishment units, and provisions for shelter, power, and more. Designed to provide critical healthcare during natural disasters or humanitarian crises, these cubes play a pivotal role.
- Enhancing the hospital’s utility is a tablet-based application that manages all 72 cubes. The facility boasts a dual-mode generator: one traditional and another solar-powered, guaranteeing consistent power supply. Moreover, all devices are rechargeable, emphasizing sustainable disaster response mechanisms.
2. Sato Kilman Ascends as the Prime Minister of Vanuatu
- Vanuatu’s parliamentary assembly appointed Sato Kilman as its new Prime Minister, succeeding his predecessor, who favored closer ties with US allies amid the ongoing US-China tension in the Pacific. Kilman, previously serving as a Prime Minister and the leader of the People’s Progressive Party, secured his role with a 27/23 result in a confidential parliamentary vote.
- Vanuatu, an archipelago comprising 83 islands, has 16 inhabited ones. Notable among them are Espiritu Santo, Malakula, Efate, and Erromango.
3. SBI Integrates UPI with its Digital Rupee for Enhanced Transactions
- In a significant move in digital currency, the State Bank of India (SBI) announced the integration of its Central Bank Digital Currency, named Digital Rupee, with the Unified Payments Interface (UPI).
- Available on the ‘eRupee by SBI’ app, this incorporation allows users to swiftly process payments through any merchant’s UPI QR code. With this, SBI aims to seamlessly combine its CBDC with the widely-used UPI platform, emphasizing efficient and user-friendly digital transactions.
4. RBI Broadens UPI’s Capabilities to Incorporate Pre-Approved Credit
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is expanding the functionalities of the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) by allowing transactions using pre-approved bank credit offers. This enhancement in the country’s digital payments realm offers more flexibility and convenience to users.
- The evolved UPI now accommodates a diverse set of accounts, including savings, overdrafts, digital wallets, and credit cards, providing users with more options and adaptability in online financial transactions. RBI’s guidelines regarding utilizing pre-sanctioned bank credit via UPI mandate specific processes: transactions require individual user approval, and banks can establish terms based on their existing policies.
Important Days News
5. Krishna Janmashtami 2023 Celebrations
- Krishna Janmashtami, commemorating the birth of Lord Krishna, is a revered occasion in Hinduism. Celebrating the 5250th anniversary of Lord Krishna’s birth, the event is observed globally by the Hindu community. It’s believed that Lord Krishna was born on the eighth day of the waning moon in Bhadrapada, with festivities this year scheduled for September 6 and 7.
6. Literacy Week from 1st to 8th September 2023 Announced by the Educational Ministry
- In honor of International Literacy Day, the Indian Government has declared a dedicated week from September 1st to 8th to promote the ULLAS- Nav Bharat Saaksharta Karyakram.
- Ullas, translating as ‘New India Literacy Program,’ is an integral scheme under the National Education Policy (NEP) 2020, set for implementation from 2022-2027. This initiative encompasses five core pillars: Foundational Literacy, Life Skills, Basic Education, Vocational Training, and Continuing Education.
- Envisioned to drive wide-scale participation, the Literacy Week seeks to instill a sense of communal responsibility to achieve nationwide literacy. Various stakeholders, including educators, students, civil servants, and the general populace, will partake in this initiative.
Summits and Conferences News
7. Pre-G20 Summit Conference in India Sheds Light on Green Hydrogen
- Ahead of the eagerly anticipated G20 Summit, a seminal conference centered on “green hydrogen initiatives in India” was organized in New Delhi on September 5.
- Hosted by NTPC Limited, a leading Indian public sector undertaking, this full-day event showcased several green hydrogen ventures spanning both public and private sectors.
- The conference’s primary goal was to foster knowledge exchange and dialogue among industry frontrunners. Participants shared their triumphs and challenges, encouraging collaboration in the nascent phase of green hydrogen technology adoption.
8. Government and Adobe Join Forces to Augment Children’s AI Learning
- The Union Ministry of Education and global software giant Adobe are entering a partnership to elevate creativity and digital literacy among students and educators through Adobe Express, an innovative tool developed by Adobe.
- As part of this alliance, Adobe commits to providing free premium access to Adobe Express for schools all over India. This move aims not only to ignite student creativity but also to introduce an intuitive platform for teachers to champion digital learning.
- Furthermore, Adobe will conduct professional development programs for half a million educators, equipping them to maximize the potential of Adobe Express in creating digital educational content. Those who successfully complete the training will receive the prestigious Adobe Creative Educators certification, attesting to their dedication to enhancing the educational journey of students.