Daily Current Affairs 7th-8th March 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 7th-8th March 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 7th-8th March 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 7th-8th March 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Defence industrial corridors
- According to the Minister of State for Defence, ShripadNaik, Government of India has decided to set up two Defence industrial corridors in the country, one in Uttar Pradesh and another in Tamil Nadu.
- Minister of Defence- Rajnath Singh || Constituency- Lucknow,UP
2. SetuBharatam scheme
- Under the SetuBharatam scheme, Government of India aimed to replace all the level crossings on National Highways by Road Over Bridges or Road Under Bridges
- The programme is being implemented by Road Transport and Highways Ministry with Ministry of Railways.
3. 107th Indian Science Congress
- The 107th edition of Indian Science Congress 2020 was held in Bengaluru in January 2020.
- Symbiosis International University’s Lavale campus Pune will host the 108th Indian Science Congress in January 2021.
4. ChhatrapatiSambhajiMaharaj Airport
- Aurangabad Airport has been renamed as ChhatrapatiSambhajiMaharaj Airport.
- Maharashtra: CM- Uddhav Thackeray || Governor- Bhagat Singh Koshyari
5. Jan Aushadhi Diwas
- 7th March is celebrated as Jan Aushadhi Diwas in India.
- Aim: To create awareness and providing thrust to the use of generic medicines.
1. Pritzker Architecture Prize
- Irish architects Yvonne Farrell and Shelley McNamara have been awarded the 2020 Pritzker Architecture Prize.
- They have become the first female duo to win top architecture prize.
- The Pritzker Architecture Prize is awarded annually “to honor a living architect or architects whose built work demonstrates a combination of those qualities of talent, vision and commitment, which has produced consistent and significant contributions to humanity and the built environment through the art of architecture”.
- The Award was founded in 1979 by Jay A. Pritzker and his wife Cindy, the award is funded by the Pritzker family and sponsored by the Hyatt Foundation.
- In 2018, BalkrishnaVithaldasDoshi became the first Indian architect to receive the Pritzker Architecture Prize, which is considered one of the most prestigious prizes in architecture.
2. List of the highest trade-related illicit financial flow globally
- India has the third highest trade-related illicit financial flow among 135 countries with 5 billion dollars
- The list of the highest trade-related illicit financial flow globally is released by US-based think tank Global Financial Integrity (GFI).
- The GFI classifies as illicit flow funds that are illegally earned, transferred or utilised across an international border.
- Top Three
- 1. China
- 2. Mexico
- 3. India
3. International Women’s Day
- International Women’s Day is celebrated on the 8th of March worldwide.
- Theme: ‘ I am Generation Equality: Realizing Women’s Rights’.
1. Zomato with UberEats
- Uber sold its food delivery business in India to Zomato for $206 million
- It includes the investment valued at $171 million and the $35 million of reimbursement of goods and services tax receivable from Zomato to Government of India.
- Uber: CEO: Dara Khosrowshahi || Founded: March 2009, || Headquarters: San Francisco, California
- Zomato: CEO- Deepinder Goyal || Headquarters: DLF Phase V, Gurugram, Haryana, India || Founded: July 2008
2. CEO of Pine Labs
- Amrish Rau has been appointed as CEO of Pine Labs.
- Pine Labs is an Indian merchant platform company that provides financing and last-mile retail transaction technology, founded in 1998. It is one of the unicorn companies, with a valuation of over US$1 billion. It provides a merchant platform and makes software for point of sale machines.
3. New brand ambassador of Puma
- Sports brand PUMA has signed bollywood actor Kareena Kapoor Khan as its new brand ambassador.
- Puma SE, branded as Puma, is a German multinational corporation that designs and manufactures athletic and casual footwear, apparel and accessories, which is headquartered in Herzogenaurach, Bavaria, Germany. Puma is the third largest sportswear manufacturer in the world.
- Founder: Rudolf Dassler || Founded: 1948, Herzogenaurach, Germany
4. RBI Deputy Governor NS Vishwanathan steps down
- RBI Deputy Governor NS Vishwanathan has decided to step down by March 31.
- Deputy Governors of RBI: B P Kanungo || Michael Mohapatra || M K Jain
1. IOC session in 2023
- Mumbai is set to host the 2023 International Olympic Committee’s session.
- IOC: Headquarters: Lausanne, Switzerland || President: Thomas Bach || Honorary President: Jacques Rogge
2. Women’s T20 World Cup title
- Defending champions Australia have won Women’s T20 World Cup 2020 defeating India.
- Beth Mooney of Australia has been adjudged Player of the Tournament
- Alyssa Healy has been adjudged the Player of the Final Match.
3. First player to play 500 T20s
- West Indies cricketer Kieron Pollard has become first player to play 500 T20s.
- Kieron Adrian Pollard is a Trinidadian cricketer who captains the West Indies cricket team in limited overs cricket. An aggressive all-rounder, Pollard is a medium-pace bowler and big-hitting batsman in the middle-order.