Daily Current Affairs 7 June 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 7 June 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 7 June 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 7 June 2019 Current affairs test.
1. India’s first Solar Kitchen only Village
- Bancha in Betul district, Madhya Pradesh is India’s first Solar Kitchen only Village.
- It has zero wooden stoves and almost no use for LPG cylinders.
2. Two New Cabinet committees for Jobs and Growth
- Aim :- To increase Investment and Growth with employment and Skill Development.
- 1. Cabinet Committee on Investment and Growth
- 2. Cabinet Committee on Employment and Skill Development
- Core members :- Union Home Minister Amit Shah, Finance Minister Nirmala Sithataman, Road Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari and Railways and Commerce Minister Piyush Goyal
3. Brahmos Supersonic Cruise Missile
- India has test fired Brahmos Supersonic Cruise Missile from Chandipur in Odisha.
- The BrahMos is a medium-range ramjet supersonic cruise missile that can be launched from submarine, ships, aircraft, or land. It is the fastest supersonic cruise missile in the world.
- Speed:- 3400–3700 km/h
- Launch platform: Ship, submarine, aircraft (under testing), and land-based mobile launchers
4. Swachh Bharat Abhiyan with UNICEF
- ‘Swachh Bharat (Grameen)’ initiative has received UNICEF Approval as it has helped reduce groundwater contamination.
- The United Nations Children’s Fund, originally known as the United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund, was created by the United Nations General Assembly on 11 December 1946, to provide emergency food and healthcare to children and mothers in countries that had been devastated by World War II.
- Swachh Bharat Abhiyan or Swachh Bharat Mission is a nation-wide campaign in India for the period 2013 to 2019 that aims to clean up the streets, roads and infrastructure of India’s cities, towns, and rural areas. The campaign’s official name is in Hindi and translates to “Clean India Mission” in English.
1. Arctic Train Service
- Russia has launched first Arctic Train Service named ‘Zarengold’ to Norway from St. Petersburg station through Russia’s Arctic region.
- Capital: Moscow || Currency: Russian ruble || Population: 14.45 crores (2017) World Bank || President: Vladimir Putin
2. Exercise Garuda
- Exercise Garuda is Indo-French Air Exercise will start from July 1 in France.
- Sukhoi-30 Fighter Jets of the Indian Air Force will take participate in that.
- France:- President: Emmanuel Macron || Capital: Paris
3. World’s richest female musician
- Singer Rihanna has been named world’s richest female musician by Forbes magazine.
- She has an estimated wealth of $600 million.
- Forbes is an American business magazine. Published bi-weekly, it features original articles on finance, industry, investing, and marketing topics. Forbes also reports on related subjects such as technology, communications, science, politics, and law. Its headquarters is located in Jersey City, New Jersey.
4. St. Petersburg International Economic Forum
- Chinese President Xi Jinping will take part in the 23rd St. Petersburg International Economic Forum.
- President: Xi Jinping || Capital: Beijing || Currency: Renminbi
- It is the first visit in 5 years after Moscow’s annexation of Crimea in 2014.
1. The Emission Trading Scheme (ETS)
- Gujarat has launched first trading programme in India to combat particulate air pollution-the emission trading scheme (ETS).
- It was inducted in Surat by the Gujarat Pollution Control Board.
2. New chief of India Meteorological Department
- Mrutyunjay Mohapatra has been appointed as the chief of India Meteorological Department.
- The India Meteorological Department is an agency of the Ministry of Earth Sciences of the Government of India. It is the principal agency responsible for meteorological observations, weather forecasting and seismology.
- Headquarters: New Delhi || Founder: Government of India || Founded: 1875 || Jurisdiction: India
- Agency executive: K.J. Ramesh, Director General of Meteorology || Parent organization: Ministry of Earth Sciences
3. Earth Care Awards 2019
- The Earth Care Awards (ECAs) is a joint initiative of JSW and The Times of India group.
- The award recognizes, verifies, and promotes the replicable initiatives and interventions on the greenhouse gasses (GHG) emission reduction, natural resource conservation, energy efficiency improvement, development and promotion of innovative eco-friendly alternatives across various sectors of development.
- The 9th edition of Earth Care Awards (ECAs) will be presented on 15th June.
- 2018 Winner :- 128 INF BN (Territorial Army) Eco Rajputana Rifles
4. World Bank with Tamil Nadu Government
- Tamil Nadu Government with GOI and World Bank has signed a $287 million loan agreement for ‘Tamil Nadu Health System Reform Programme’.
- Aim :- To improve the quality of health care.
1. 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup
- The 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup be the eighth edition of the FIFA Women’s World Cup.
- It is the quadrennial international football championship contested by the women’s national teams of the member associations of the Fédération Internationale de Football Association between 7 June and 7 July 2019.
- Host nation: France
- Current Champions : United States
2. 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup
- The 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup will be the 18th edition of the FIFA U-17 World Cup, the biennial international men’s youth football championship contested by the under-17 national teams of the member associations of FIFA, to be hosted in Brazil between 26 October and 17 November 2019.
- The 2017 FIFA U-17 World Cup was played in India.
- England won the U-17 World Cup 2017 for the first time after coming back from a two-goal deficit and beating Spain 5–2 in the final.
- The Fédération Internationale de Football Association is an organization which describes itself as an international governing body of association football, fútsal, beach soccer, and efootball.
3. FIFA President
- Gianni Infantino has been re-elected as President of Federation Internationale de Football Association.
- Gianni Infantino is a Swiss–Italian football administrator and the current president of FIFA. He was elected President of FIFA during the 2016 FIFA Extraordinary Congress on 26 February 2016.
- Founded at: Paris, France || Membership: 211 national associations || Secretary General: Fatma Samoura || Headquarters: Zürich, Switzerland