Daily Current Affairs 7 November 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 7 November 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 7 November 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 7 November 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Anti-Human-Trafficking-Units and Women Help Desks
- Nirbhaya Fund will help set-up Women Help Desks in all police stations and Anti-Human-Trafficking-Units in all districts across the nation.
- It is announced by Minister of Women and Child Development Smriti Irani.
- Nirbhaya Fund is an Indian rupee 10 billion corpus announced by Government of India in its 2013 Union Budget.
- According to the then Finance Minister P. Chidambaram, this fund is expected to support initiatives by the government and NGOs working towards protecting the dignity and ensuring safety of women in India.
2. SCO Joint Exercise on Earthquake Rescue
- Home Minister Amit Shah has inaugurated Shanghai Cooperation Organization Joint Exercise on Urban Earthquake Search and Rescue in New Delhi.
- The Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) is an intergovernmental organization founded in Shanghai on 15 June 2001 by six countries, People’s Republic of China, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Russia, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan.
- Currently, The SCO comprises eight member states, namely the Republic of India, the Republic of Kazakhstan, the People’s Republic of China, the Kyrgyz Republic, the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, the Russian Federation, the Republic of Tajikistan, and the Republic of Uzbekistan.
- Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) is a Eurasian political, economic and military organisation, which was founded in Shanghai by the leaders of China, Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, and Tajikistan in the year 2001. The aim of SCO is to establish cooperation between member nations on: Security-related concerns.
3. India International Science Festival (IISF) 2019
- The 5th edition of India International Science Festival (IISF) 2019 has started in Kolkata.
- Theme: ‘RISEN: Research, Innovation and Science Empowering the Nation’
4. ICEDASH and ATITHI App
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has launched two new IT Initiatives – ICEDASH and ATITHI
- ATITHI app will facilitate hassle-free and faster clearance by Customs at the airports
- ICEDASH is a monitoring dashboard of Indian Customs helping the public see the daily Customs clearance times of import cargo
1. Assembly of International Solar Alliance
- Ministry of New and Renewable Energy hosted the 2nd Assembly of International Solar Alliance (ISA) in New Delhi.
- French Deputy Minister for Ecological and Inclusive Transition Brune Poirson co-presided over the assembly.
- The International Solar Alliance is an alliance of 121 countries initiated by India, most of them being sunshine countries, which lie either completely or partly between the Tropic of Cancer and the Tropic of Capricorn.
- Headquarters location: Gurugram || Founded: 2015 || Founded at: Paris, France || Membership: All members of UN || Director General: H.E. Upendra Tripathy || Region served: All members of UN || Purposes: Sustainability, Natural environment, Public transport
2. Women, Peace, and Security Index 2019
- The 2nd edition of Women, Peace, and Security (WPS) Index 2019 is released by Georgetown Institute for Women, Peace and Security, America with The Peace Research Institute of Oslo, Norway.
- India has been ranked 133rd out of 167 countries
- Top Three:
- 1. Norway
- 2. Switzerland
- 3. Finland
- Yemen is ranked at 167th position.
3. Film on Bangabandhu
- India and Bangladesh will jointly produce two films based on Bangladesh’s Liberation War and on Bangladesh’s founding father Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.
- Bangladesh: Capital: Dhaka || Currency: Taka || Prime Minister: Sheikh Hasina
4. USA- Bangladesh Navy exercise
- USA – Bangladesh Navy exercise ‘Cooperation Afloat Readiness and Training (CARAT)- 2019’ started in Chattogram, Bangladesh.
- The USA is a country of 50 states covering a vast swath of North America, with Alaska in the northwest and Hawaii extending the nation’s presence into the Pacific Ocean.
- Attorney general: William Barr || Population: 32.72 crores (2018) || President: Donald Trump
1. Coal India’s New Target
- Coal India has advanced the target for an annual production capacity of one billion tonnes by two years to 2024.
- Coal India Limited is an Indian state-controlled coal mining company headquartered in Kolkata, West Bengal, India and the largest coal-producing company in the world and a Maharatna company. The company contributes to around 82% of the coal production in India.
- Headquarters: Kolkata || CEO: Anil Kumar Jha
2. IBM India with Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship
- Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship has launched SkillsBuild platform in collaboration with IBM.
- Minister of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE): Mahendra Nath Pandey.
- IBM India: Managing Director: Karan Bajwa || Headquarters: Bengaluru, Karnataka.
3. Allahabad Bank with MSTC Ltd.
- MSTC Ltd has tied-up with Allahabad Bank for the development of a dedicated e-Auction platform.
- This will be linked with Indian Banking Association’s portal for sale of non-performing assets through SARFAESI Act.
- MSTC Limited is an Indian state-owned e-commerce company based in Kolkata, West Bengal. It is a Miniratna Category-I public sector undertaking, owned and operated by the Government of India
- Allahabad Bank is a nationalised bank with its headquarters in Kolkata, India. It is the oldest joint stock bank in India.
- The Securitisation and Reconstruction of Financial Assets and Enforcement of Securities Interest Act, 2002 (also known as the SARFAESI Act) is an Indian law. It allows banks and other financial institution to auction residential or commercial properties (of Defaulter) to recover loans.
1. SaarLorLux Open badminton tournament
- Lakshya Sen of India has won SaarLorLux Open badminton tournament at Saarbrücken in Germany.
- He defeated Sen Weng Hong Yang of China.
2. UWW Under-23 World Championships
- UWW Under-23 World Wrestling Championships was held in Budapest.
- Women’s 53kg Silver: Pooja Gehlot.
- Men’s 61kg Silver: Ravinder.
3. The 35th National Junior Athletics Meet
- The 35th National Junior Athletics Meet has started in Guntur, Andhra Pradesh.
- Shaili Singh of Karnataka broke the long jump national record with this, she now qualifies for the World Junior Athletics Championships in 2020.
- Nairobi to host 2020 IAAF World U20 Championships
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,7 November
- Daily Current Affairs: November 1
- Daily Current Affairs: November 2
- Daily Current Affairs: November 3
- Daily Current Affairs: November 4
- Daily Current Affairs: November 5
- Daily Current Affairs: November 6
- Daily Current Affairs: November 7
- Daily Current Affairs: November 8
- Daily Current Affairs: November 9
- Daily Current Affairs: November 10
- Daily Current Affairs: November 11
- Daily Current Affairs: November 12
- Daily Current Affairs: November 13
- Daily Current Affairs: November 14
- Daily Current Affairs: November 15
- Daily Current Affairs: November 16
- Daily Current Affairs: November 17
- Daily Current Affairs: November 18
- Daily Current Affairs: November 19
- Daily Current Affairs: November 20
- Daily Current Affairs: November 21
- Daily Current Affairs: November 22
- Daily Current Affairs: November 23
- Daily Current Affairs: November 24
- Daily Current Affairs: November 25
- Daily Current Affairs: November 26
- Daily Current Affairs: November 27
- Daily Current Affairs: November 28
- Daily Current Affairs: November 29
- Daily Current Affairs: November 30