Daily Current Affairs 7 April 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 7 April 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 7 April 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 7 April 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Bihar reduces competitive exams fee for women by 75%
- Bihar govt has reduced the fee for women candidates appearing for exams conducted by Bihar Public Service Commission and Bihar Staff Selection Commission by nearly 75%.
- The fee for preliminary test is reduced from Rs.600 to 150 while fee for mains has been reduced from Rs.750 to 200.
2. Hyderabad University professor discovers two new languages
- Prof Panchanan Mohanty discovered ‘Walmiki’ and ‘malhar’ spoken in Andhra Pradesh and Odisha.
- The prof had presented his research at a Foundation for Endangered Languages’ conference in UK.
3. 5% GST on railway catering services in trains, stations
- The FM clarified that a 5% GST will be levied on food and drinks supplied by the Indian Railways.
- Earlier, IRCTC introduced the use of Point of Sale machines in trains after many passengers filed complaints of train vendors overcharging passengers.
4. IAF seeks to buy 110 jets in largest fighter aircraft deal
- The deal is approximated to be Rs.97,000 cr.
- 15% aircraft will be procured in a flyaway state, 85% aircraft will be made in India.
1. Trump ends ‘catch and release’ immigration policy
- US Prez has signed a memorandum ordering the policy in which illegal immigrants are released from detention while awaiting a court hearing on their state.
- The memo also asks officials to procure measures to crack down on illegal immigration.
2. Agreed on new rail line to connect Nepal with India : PM Modi
- In a joint press conference with Nepalese PM, Modi said that they have agreed to work towards a new rail line to connect Kathmandu with India.
- He added that they aim at improving waterways and railways with Nepal.
3. Relations with Russia at ‘best level in history’ : China
- Chinese FM Wang Yi said that as strategic partners, China and Russia needed to strengthen their cooperation.
- This comes amid China and Russia’s recent tensions with the US.
4. World Health Day celebrated on 7th April
- World Health Day is one of the eight official health campaigns which are marked by the World Health Organisation.
- The theme of World Health Day is Universal health coverage: everyone, everywhere and the slogan is “Health for All”.
1. Will consider legal action against Apple over DND app : TRAI
- TRAI Chairman RS Sharma said a legal action might be considered against Apple over the delay in taking steps to support the authority’s Do-Not-Disturb app on App Store.
- TRAI had launched the DND app in 2016 to block unsolicited calls and messages.
2. Cryptocurrencies not legal tender : Pak’s Central Bank
- The State Bank of Pakistan told banks and other financial services providers to refuse customers seeking cryptocurrency transactions .
- Earlier, the RBI barred all entities it regulated from providing services to dealers in cryptocurrency.
3. Alerts at airports against Deepak Kochhar
- Indian authorities have issued a look out circular to all airports against Deepak Kochhar and Videocon Group Chairman Venugopal Dhoot.
- It is alleged that Dhoot gave Rs.64 cr to Deepak’s firm after Videocon got a Rs.3,250 cr loan from ICICI.
4. PayPal and FIEO signed MoU
- Digital payments company PayPal and FIEO signed an agreement for the promotion of outbound shipments among SMEs.
- FIEO contributes to more than 70% of India’s exports.
1. Venkat lifts 338 kg to bag gold
- Ragala Venkat Rahul made his debut at the Games and won a gold in men’s 85 kg event.
- Sathish Sivalingam won gold in the men’s 77kg event.
2. Paes most successful doubles player in ‘World Cup of Tennis’
- Leander Paes set the record for the most number of doubles wins in Davis Cup.
- Paes teamed with Rohan Bopanna to beat China’s doubles pair.
3. India throw away lead vs Pak to draw at CWG 2018
- India gave away a 2-0 lead to manage a 2-2 draw against Pak in their opening match.
- India conceded with the final play of the match, an 8th penalty corner for Pakistan.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,7 April