Daily Current Affairs 7 April 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 7 April 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 7 April 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 7 April 2019 Current affairs test.
1. New Chief Justice of the Bombay High Court.
- Justice Pradeep Nandrajog has been appointed as the new Chief Justice of the Bombay High Court.
- Bombay High Court is one of the oldest High Courts of India. It is located in Mumbai, Maharashtra. Its jurisdiction covers the states of Maharashtra and Goa, and the Union Territories of Daman and Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli.
2. India’s first Carbon-Positive Settlement
- Phayeng Village of Manipur has become India’s first carbon-positive settlement.
- Carbon-Positive Tag means it sequestrates more carbon than it emits, slows the accumulation of greenhouse gases and mitigates effects of climate change.
3. VG Patel passes away
- Viharidas Gopaldas Patel was a noted economist and ‘Father of Entrepreneurship Movement’ in India.
- In 2017, Indian Government had decorated him with a Padma Shri for his contribution to the entrepreneurship movement.
4. Chennai Central Railway Station as MGR Central Railway Station
- Tamil Nadu Government has renamed Chennai Central Railway Station as MGR Central Railway Station.
- Marudur Gopalan Ramachandran, popularly known as M. G. R., was an Indian actor, filmmaker and politician who served as the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu for ten years between 1977 and 1987.
- AIADMK is a Dravidian party founded by Marudur Gopalan Ramachandran, popularly known as M. G. R.
- All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam is an Indian political party in the state of Tamil Nadu and in the union territory of Puducherry. It is currently in power in the state of Tamil Nadu and is the third largest party in the Lok Sabha.
1. World Health Day
- The World Health Day is a global health awareness day celebrated every year on 7 April, under the sponsorship of the World Health Organization, as well as other related organizations.
- In 1948, the WHO held the First World Health Assembly.
- Theme : ‘Universal health coverage: everyone, everywhere’.
- The World Health Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations that is concerned with international public health. It was established on 7 April 1948, and is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland.
2. International Hall of Fame at US Army’s Command and General Staff College
- Indian Army Chief General Bipin Rawat has been inducted into the International Hall of Fame of US Army’s Command and General Staff College.
- The United States Army Command and General Staff College at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas, is a graduate school for United States Army
- General Bipin Rawat is the 26th Chief of Army Staff of the Indian Army. He assumed office on 31 December 2016 after retirement of General Dalbir Singh.
3. World Bank’s New President
- David Malpass has been appointed as the President of the World Bank.
- He has replaced Former World Bank President Jim Yong Kim.
- World Bank :- Headquarter: Washington DC, USA || Established in: 1944.
4. World’s first completely 5G mobile networks
- South Korea has launched the world’s first fully-fledged 5G mobile networks.
- South Korea :- Capital: Seoul || Currency: South Korean won || President: Moon Jae-in || Prime minister: Lee Nak-yeon
1. National Investment and Infrastructure Fund with ROADIS
- National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF) and Roadis (Europe || Global Transport Infrastructure Operator) will jointly set up a platform to invest around $2 billion in road projects in India.
- National Investment and Infrastructure Fund is India’s first sovereign wealth fund that was set up by the Government of India in February 2015.
2. Project Kuiper
- Amazon will launch a constellation of over 3200 low-Earth orbit satellites for high-speed broadband connectivity.
- It is a part of ‘Project Kuiper’ which is aimed at communities that lack basic access to broadband internet globally.
- Amazon.com, Inc., is an American multinational technology company based in Seattle, Washington that focuses in e-commerce, cloud computing, and artificial intelligence. Amazon is the largest e-commerce marketplace and cloud computing platform in the world as measured by revenue and market capitalization.
3. L&T to acquire stake in Mindtree
- The Competition Commission of India has approved the acquisition of up to 66.15% of the total equity shareholding of Mindtree by Larsen and Toubro Limited.
- Competition Commission of India is a statutory body of the Government of India responsible for enforcing The Competition Act, 2002 throughout India and to prevent activities that have an appreciable adverse effect on competition in India. It was established on 14 October 2003.
- Larsen & Toubro Limited, commonly known as L&T Limited is one of the largest Indian multi-national firms and leading Indian construction company headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. It was founded by two Danish engineers taking refuge in India.
- Mindtree Limited is a multinational information technology and outsourcing company headquartered in Bengaluru, India and New Jersey, USA. Founded in 1999.
4. NTPC signs Rs 2,000 cr term loan with Canara Bank
- NTPC has signed Rs 2000 crore term loan agreement with Canara Bank.
- NTPC Limited, formerly known as National Thermal Power Corporation Limited, is an Indian Public Sector Undertaking, engaged in the business of generation of electricity and allied activities. It is a company incorporated under the Companies Act 1956 and is promoted by the Government of India.
- Canara Bank is one of the largest public sector banks owned by the Government of India. It is headquartered in Bengaluru. It was established at Mangalore in 1906 by Ammembal Subba Rao Pai. It is one of the oldest public sector banks in the country. The government nationalized the bank in 1969.
1. ESPN Multi-Sport Awards 2018
- Sportsperson of the Year (Male) : Neeraj Chopra (Athletics)
- Sportsperson of the Year (Female) : P V Sindhu (Badminton)
- Coach of the Year : Jaspal Rana (Shooting)
- Emerging Sportsperson of the Year : Saurabh Chaudhary (Shooting)
- Team of the Year : Women’s team (Table tennis)
- Lifetime Achievement Award : Pradip Kumar Banerjee (Football)
- ESPN is a U.S.-based sports television channel owned by ESPN Inc., a joint venture owned by The Walt Disney Company and Hearst Communications. The company was founded in 1979 by Bill Rasmussen along with his son Scott Rasmussen and Ed Egan.
2. Tendulkar and Middlesex Global Academy
- Tendulkar and Middlesex Global Academy has started its camps in India.
- Middlesex Cricket with Sachin Tendulkar launched the ‘Tendulkar Middlesex Global Academy’ (TMGA).
- It is a joint venture between Middlesex Cricket and SRT Sports Management Ltd.
- Middlesex County Cricket Club is one of eighteen first-class county clubs within the domestic cricket structure of England and Wales. It represents the historic county of Middlesex which has effectively been subsumed within the ceremonial county of Greater London.
3. New President of Asian Football Confederation
- Sheikh Salman bin Ebrahim Al Khalifa has been appointed as the President of Asian Football Confederation.
- The Asian Football Confederation is the governing body of association football in Asia and Australia.
- Headquarters: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia || General Secretary: Dato’ Windsor John || Membership: 47 member associations || Founded: 8 May 1954, Manila, Philippines
- Daily Current Affairs: April 1
- Daily Current Affairs: April 2
- Daily Current Affairs: April 3
- Daily Current Affairs: April 4
- Daily Current Affairs: April 5
- Daily Current Affairs: April 6
- Daily Current Affairs: April 7
- Daily Current Affairs: April 8
- Daily Current Affairs: April 9
- Daily Current Affairs: April 10
- Daily Current Affairs: April 11
- Daily Current Affairs: April 12
- Daily Current Affairs: April 13
- Daily Current Affairs: April 14
- Daily Current Affairs: April 15
- Daily Current Affairs: April 16
- Daily Current Affairs: April 17
- Daily Current Affairs: April 18
- Daily Current Affairs: April 19
- Daily Current Affairs: April 20
- Daily Current Affairs: April 21
- Daily Current Affairs: April 22
- Daily Current Affairs: April 23
- Daily Current Affairs: April 24
- Daily Current Affairs: April 25
- Daily Current Affairs: April 26
- Daily Current Affairs: April 27
- Daily Current Affairs: April 28
- Daily Current Affairs: April 29
- Daily Current Affairs: April 30