Daily Current Affairs 7 August 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 7 August 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 7 August 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 7 August 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Census 2021
- Office of Registrar General and Census Commissioner India under Home Affairs’ Ministry has commenced the elementary work for conducting next Population Census 2021.
- Data will be collected of all persons who are present in the country during the period of Census enumeration.
2. IMPRINT-2 Scheme
- 122 research projects are approved Impacting Research Innovation and Technology ‘IMPRINT-2’ scheme.
- IMPRINT is a MHRD supported Pan-IIT + IISc joint initiative to address the major science and engineering challenges that India must address and champion to enable, empower and embolden the nation for inclusive growth and self-reliance.
3. Mukhyamantri Kanya Utthan Yojana
- It is an ambitious scheme to promise Rs 54,100 from the birth of a girl child till she graduates.
- Nitish Kumar launched ‘Mukhyamantri Kanya Utthan Yojana’ for women empowerment.
4. Identity cards to cow protectors
- Uttarakhand will be the first state to give identity cards to gau rakshaks (cow protectors).
- Uttarakhand is known for its Hindu pilgrimage sites. Rishikesh, a major centre for yoga study, was made famous by the Beatles’ 1968 visit. The city hosts the evening Ganga Aarti, a spiritual gathering on the sacred Ganges River. The state’s forested Jim Corbett National Park shelters Bengal tigers.
1. India-Nepal Centre
- PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry and Confederation of Nepalese Industries to establish India-Nepal Centre. An MOU was signed for the same.
- This will strengthen economic engagement between India and Nepal.
2. 51st ASEAN Foreign Ministers meeting
- PM Lee Hsien Loong hosted the 51st ASEAN Foreign Ministers meeting in Singapore.
- The Association of Southeast Asian Nations is a regional intergovernmental organization comprising ten Southeast Asian countries that promotes intergovernmental cooperation and facilitates economic Development.
- The joint military exercise MILEX-18 of the armies of all seven BIMSTEC countries (India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal, Thailand and Myanmar).
- This will be conducted on Aundh Military Station, Pune in September 2018.
1. Holitech Technology (Xiaomi mobile phone parts supplier) to invest in Andhra
- Holitech Technology will set up a manufacturing plant in Tirupati,Andhra Pradesh.
- The company will invest ₹1,400 crore in this investment.
2. Bidder Information Management System (BIMS)
- Government launched an online management system – Bidder Information Management System (BIMS).
- Bidder Information Management System is to handle land acquisition and the bidding process for road construction.
3. Android 9.0 named ‘Pie’
- Google announced ‘Pie’ as the name for the latest version of the Android OS 9.
- It has started to rolling out to Pixel phones.
4. Cashback For Digital Transactions
- Piyush Goyal announced 20% Cashback up to Rs 100 for the Digital Transactions done via BHIM, Rupay or USSD mode.
- BHIM (Bharat Interface for Money) is a mobile app developed by National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), based on the Unified Payment Interface (UPI). It was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
1. World Badminton Championships 2018
- Men’s Singles winner is Kento Momota (Japan).
- Women’s Singles winner is Carolina Marin (Spain)
2. Asian Nations Cup Chess Tournament 2018
- Asian Nations Cup Chess Tournament was held in Hamadan, Iran.
- India won 5 medals and ranked second with 1 gold, 2 silver, 2 bronze.
3. ATP Los Cabos Open 2018
- Fabio Fognini(Italy) defeated Juan Martín del Potro(Argentina) 6–4, 6–2 in the Men’s final.
- Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP)is the governing body of the men’s professional tennis circuits.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,7 August