Daily Current Affairs 7 December 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 7 December 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 7 December 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 7 December 2017 Current affairs test.
1. Aadhar-mobile linking deadline to remain February 6
- Attorney General KK Venugopal said it would require a judicial order from the SC to extend the deadline to March 31, 2018.
- He further said that govt would issue a notification extending the deadline for other services.
2. Jama Masjid was originally Jamuna Devi Temple : BJP MP
- BJP MP Vinay Katiyar said that it was known as Jamuna Devi Temple before it was “broken down by the Mughal emperors”.
- Earlier, he claimed that the Taj mahal was originally a Lord Shiva temple names ‘Tejo Mahal’.
3. UP becomes 1st state to endorse Triple Talaq draft bill
- UP endorsed the Centre’s draft bill on Triple Talaq which recognises the practice as a non-bailable offence.
- The Centre has asked the states to send their respective views on the proposal, which will be introduced as a bill in the winter session of Parliament next week.
1. Hamas calls for revolt against Israel
- The Palestinian Islamist group Hamas’ leader Ismail Haniyeh called for a new uprising against Israel after US President formally recognised the city of Jerusalem as Israel’s capital.
- The Hamas said that the US decision has killed the peace process between Israel and Palestine.
2. India’s NSG membership cannot be linked to Pakistan : Russia
- Russia’s Deputy Foreign Minister Sergey Ryabkov said India has an impeccable proliferation record while Pakistan cannot claim the same qualifications for the membership.
- Ryabakov further said Russia is discussing India’s bid with China which has opposed the application.
1. Bitcoin surpasses $14,000 mark
- Bitcoin set a new record high surpassing the $14,000 less than 24 hours after it topped $12,000.
- Bitcoin’s year-to-date gain increased to more than 1,350% and has advanced 40% this month.
2. Hong Kong’s premium office space ranked most expensive
- New York’s Midtown is world’s second most expensive office space.
- Offices at the top end of the Hong Kong market command an average of $323 per square foot per year in occupancy costs.
1. Virat Kohli rises to second spot in ICC Test rankings
- Kohli started the Sri Lanka series in sixth position.
- Australian captain Steve Smith holds the number 1 position in ICC Test rankings for batsmen.
2. IPL hikes minimum auction reserve price for players
- The reserve price for uncapped players was escalated from Rs.10 lakh, Rs.20 lakh and Rs.30 lakh to Rs.20 lakh, Rs.30 lakh and Rs.40 lakh respectively.
- For the capped, new reserve prices are Rs.50 lakh and Rs.75 lakh.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz, 7 December