Daily Current Affairs 7 December 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 7 December 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 7 December 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 7 December 2018 Current affairs test.
1. New chief economic adviser
- Krishnamurthy Subramanian has been appointed as new chief economic adviser for 3 years.
- Krishnamurthy Subramanian is an associate professor and executive director (centre for analytical finance) of Indian School of Business, Hyderabad.
2. India’s longest railroad bridge
- PM Modi will inaugurate the Bogibeel Bridge on December 25.
- It is India’s longest railroad bridge, located in the eastern part of Assam and Arunachal Pradesh
3. International Gita Mahotsav
- International Gita Mahotsav has started in Kurukshetra from Dec 7 to 23.
- Mauritius is the partner country in that.
- Gujarat is the partner state in that.
- It is an annual event which is organised in collaboration with the Kurukshetra Development Board.
4. Exercise ‘Clean Sea-2018’
- Indian Coast Guard has conducted Exercise ‘Clean Sea-2018’ at sea off Port Blair.
- It is a Regional Level Marine Oil Pollution Response Exercise.
1. 91st Academy Awards
- The 91st Academy Awards ceremony, presented by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, will honour the best films of 2018 and will take place at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood, Los Angeles, California. The ceremony will be held on February 24, 2019.
- Actor Kevin Hart is going to host the 91st Academy Awards.
2. Golden Globe Award Nominations are out
- Ceremony date: 7 January 2019 || Awarded for: Excellence in film and television || Presented by: Hollywood Foreign Press Association since 1943 || Country: United States of America
- The Golden Globe Awards are accolades bestowed by the 93 members of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association beginning in January 1944, recognizing excellence in film and television, both domestic and foreign.
3. Turner Prize for 2018
- Charlotte Prodger (British) has won the Turner Prize for 2018 for her solo exhibition ‘BRIDGIT/Stoneymollan Trail’.
- Charlotte Prodger is a British artist and film-maker who works with “moving image, printed image, sculpture and writing”. Her films include ‘Stoneymollan Trail’ and ‘Bridgit’.
4. 1st Latin American country to join Belt and Road Initiative
- Panama has become first Latin American country to join Belt and Road Initiative (China).
- The Belt and Road Initiative, also known as the One Belt One Road or the Silk Road Economic Belt and the 21st-century Maritime Silk Road, is a development strategy adopted by the Chinese government involving infrastructure development and investments in countries in Europe, Asia and Africa.
1. Hindustan Unilever Limited with GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare
- Hindustan Unilever Limited’s board has approved its merger with GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare through an-all equity deal.
- Hindustan Unilever Limited is an Indian consumer goods company based in Mumbai, Maharashtra. It is a subsidiary of Unilever, a British-Dutch company. HUL’s products include foods, beverages, cleaning agents, personal care products and water purifiers.
2. Fitch Ratings’ India GDP Prediction
- Fitch Ratings has revised India’s GDP growth forecast to 7.2% from 7.4% for current FY.
- For 2019-20 :- 7.0%
- For 2020-21 :- 7.1%
- Fitch Ratings Inc. is one of the “Big Three credit rating agencies”, the other two being Moody’s and Standard & Poor’s. It is one of the three nationally recognized statistical rating organizations designated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission in 1975. Fitch Ratings is headquartered in New York, US.
3. ‘Chance of Approval’ Predictive Algorithm for Loans
- Paisabazaar.com has launched ‘Chance of Approval’ Predictive Algorithm for Loans applicants to choose their most-suited lender on its platform by using the last four years of lending data for prediction.
- Paisabazaar are virtual Debt syndication services plus Business support system of Banks and Financial Institutions. Every bank and financial institution (and insurance) companies have registered financial advisers. Their job is to bring the clients and facilitate processing of loans.
4. New India Assurance’s New CMD
- Atul Sahai has been appointed as Chairman and Managing Director of New India Assurance for a five year period.
- The New India Assurance Co. Ltd., based in Mumbai, Maharashtra is a public sector general insurance company of India. It is the “largest general insurance company of India on the basis of gross premium collection inclusive of foreign operations”.
1. World Athletics Championships
- World Athletics Championships 2023 will be held in Budapest, Hungary.
- The seventeenth edition of the IAAF World Championships is scheduled to be held between 27 September and 6 October 2019 in Doha, Qatar at the renovated multi-purpose Khalifa International Stadium.
2. Fastest bowler to take 200 Test wickets
- Yasir Shah(Pakistan) has become the fastest bowler to take 200 Test wickets in 33 tests.
- Yasir Shah is an international cricketer from Pakistan who is the joint-second fastest bowler in the history of Test cricket to take 100 wickets and the fastest to pick up 200 wickets in Test match cricket. He is a specialist leg break spin bowler and is known for his leg spinners, flippers and googlies.
3. Arun Kumar Shaw passes away
- Former Swimmer Arun Kumar Shaw has passed away at 82.
- He was seven-time national champion in swimming.