Daily Current Affairs 7 January 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 7 January 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 7 January 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 7 January 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Kabi Samrat Upendra Bhanja National Award
- Manoj Das has been awarded Kabi Samrat Upendra Bhanja National Award for Lifetime Achievement in Literature.
- Manoj Das is an award-winning Indian author who writes in Odia and English. In 2000, Manoj Das was awarded with Saraswati Samman. He was awarded Padma Shri in 2001, the fourth highest Civilian Award in India for his contribution in the field of Literature & Education.
2. 10% quota for ‘economically weaker’ General category
- Cabinet has approved 10% quota for ‘economically weaker’ General category.
- The 10 % reservation is for all those communities/classes that do not come under 50 % quota. It will be for all communities -for the economically backwards among Hindus, Muslims Christians etc.This won’t affect the reservation for SCs, STs and OBCs.
3. Kumbh Mela
- Kumbh Mela will be held in Prayagraj over a course of 48 days during January 15 to March 4.
- Kumbh Mela or Kumbha Mela is a mass Hindu pilgrimage of faith in which Hindus gather to bathe in a sacred or holy river. Traditionally, four fairs are widely recognized as the Kumbh Melas: the Prayag Kumbh Mela, Haridwar Kumbh Mela, the Nashik-Trimbakeshwar Simhastha, and Ujjain Simhastha.
4. Bezbaruah Committee
- Govt. has constituted a nine-member high-level committee to implement constitutional Guarantees of Assam Accord that is Clause 6 of the Assam Accord of 1985.
- It will be headed by MP Bezbaruah.
1. World Day for War Orphans
- World Day for War Orphans was observed on 6th January.
- This special day enables the International Community to recognise the plight of a particularly vulnerable group.
2. Iran’s Anti-Money Laundering Bill
- ‘Expediency Council’ of Iran has approved an anti-money laundering bill to ease trade.
- It will be in line with the standards set by the Financial Action Task Force.
- The Expediency Discernment Council of the System is an administrative assembly appointed by the Supreme Leader and was created upon the revision to the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Iran on 6 February 1988.
- The Financial Action Task Force, also known by its French name, Groupe d’action financière, is an intergovernmental organization founded in 1989 on the initiative of the G7 to develop policies to combat money laundering. In 2001 its mandate expanded to include terrorism financing.
3. International Kite Festival
- The 30th edition International Kite Festival has kicked off at Sabarmati River Front in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
- Gujarat: Capital: Gandhinagar || Chief Minister: Vijay Rupani || Governor: Om Prakash Kohli
1. Airport Authority of India with SAMEER
- Airport Authority of India has signed an MoU with Society for Applied Microwave Electronics Engineering and Research (SAMEER) in the field of Communication Navigation and Surveillance.
- SAMEER is an autonomous research and development institute under Ministry of Electronic and Information Technology.
2. Book “A Crusade against corruption”
- Book ‘A Crusade against corruption’ is authored by Manohar Manoj’.
- It is launched by Vice-Chairman of Rajya Sabha, Harivansh Narayan Singh.
3. OLX’s new Acquisition
- OLX has acquired Recruitment Portal Aasaanjobs (Mumbai) for an undisclosed amount.
- OLX Group is a global online marketplace, operating in 45 countries, and is the largest online classified ads company in Brazil, India, Bulgaria, Pakistan, Poland, Romania, Portugal and Ukraine. It was founded in 2006.
4. Bandhan Bank’s New Acquisition
- Bandhan Bank will acquire Gruh Finance(mortgage lender) through a share swap.
- Bandhan Bank Ltd. is an Indian banking and financial services company headquartered in Kolkata, West Bengal. Bandhan, which started as a micro-finance company in 2001, received banking licence by Reserve Bank of India in 2014. Bandhan Bank became the 8th largest bank in India by market capital.
1. Hopman Cup
- Switzerland (Roger Federer and Belinda Bencic) has defeated Germany (Angelique Kerber and Alexander Zverev) to win the Hopman Cup
- Hopman Cup which is an annual international eight-team indoor hard court tennis tournament was held in Perth, Western Australia. A mixed competition in which male and female players are on combined teams and represent their countries.
2. Brisbane International titles
- Kei Nishikori(Japan) defeated Daniil Medvedev(Russia) in men’s title.
- Karolina Pliskova (Czech) defeated Lesia Tsurenko in women’s title.
3. Highest International Goal scorer
- Sunil Chhetri (67 goals) has overtaken Lionel Messi (65 goals) With Second-Highest International Goals Among Active Players.
- Top Scorer :- Cristiano Ronaldo (85 goals)