Daily Current Affairs 7 July 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 7 July 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 7 July 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 7July 2017 Current affairs test.
1.SC stays HC order declaring The Ganga river as a living entity.
- The Supreme Court today stayed the Uttarakhand High court’s order recognising Ganga and Yamuna as living entities.
- Notably, New Zealand’s Whanganui river is the first to be given such a status.
2. New Anti-Hijacking law prescribes death penalty for hijackers.
- The country’s new Anti-Hijacking law prescribing capital punishment in the event of death of “any person” ,has come into force after its notification on 5th July.
- The 2016 Anti-Hijacking law replaces a 1982-vintage law.
3. CBI raids Lalu Prasad Yadav, family
- The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Friday registered a case against former Railways minister Lalu Prasad Yadav, his wife Rabri Devi and his son Tejashwi Yadav on corruption charges .
- The CBI case is related to alleged irregularities in tenders allotted to a private company for development, maintenance and operation of Railway hotels in Ranchi and Puri in 2006, when Lalu was the Railway minister.
4. EC to tally paper trail slips with EVMs
- In a bid to reinforce the credibility of EVMs, the Election Commission (EC) has decided to mandatorily tally paper trail slips with the results of EVMs in five per cent of polling stations in each assembly seat, for all state and Lok Sabha elections.
- The decision on compulsory counting of paper trail slips, which was approved by the full Commission before Nasim Zaidi retired as the Chief Election Commissioner, is a response to the demand made by political parties at a meeting held by the EC on May 12.
5. China accuses India of trampling on the Panchsheel pact.
- Demanding immediate withdrawal of Indian troops from Doklam, China recently accused India of trampling on the Panchsheel pact.
- Panchsheel pact which was signed on 29th April 1954 was the first formally enunciated in the Agreement on trade and Intercourse between the Tibet region of China and India.
- It contains five Principles which are Mutual respect, Mutual non-aggression, Mutual non-interference, Equality and Mutual benefit, Peaceful Coexistence.
1. Europe, Japan plan joint mission to Solar System’s second smallest planet Mercury.
- ESA(Eeuropean Space Agency) and JAXA(Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency) are planning a joint mission to Mars.
- Two spacecraft, Each form ESA and JAXA are scheduled to launch in October 2018 and would Mercury’s orbit seven years later.
2.The twelfth G20 summit begins at Hamburg, Germany.
- The 2017 G20 Hamburg summit is the twelfth meeting of the Group of Twenty held on 7–8 July 2017 in the city of Hamburg.
- G20 which is Founded in 1999 to give developing countries a more powerful voice in the global economy, the summit brings together industrialised and emerging economies.
- Interestingly group makes up 85 percent of the world’s GDP and two-thirds of its population.
3. Israel, India launched technology fund.
- The Israel India Innovation Initiative Fund(I4F) $40 million was announced during PM Modi’s visit.
- The fund will encourage Indian firms to invest in Israel’s technology ecosystem and to open development centres in Israel.
4. France to ban sales of petrol and diesel cars by 2040.
- To meet the targets under Paris Climate accord France has decided to end sales of petrol and diesel cars by 2040.
- The decision hailed as the beginning of the end for the Internal Combustion Engine’s dominance of motor transport after more than a century.
5. Informal meeting of BRICS leaders here on the sidelines of the G20 Summit
- Chinese President Xi Jinping appreciated the momentum witnessed at the BRICS bloc during India’s chairmanship
- PM Modi called upon the group leaders to show leadership in fighting terrorism and boosting global economic growth
1 .EPFO sign pact with Five Banks.
- It is the first time the EPFO(Employees Provident Fund Organisation) has roped in private banks, namely, ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, Axis Bank and Kotak Mahindra Bank along with a Nationalise Bank BOB(Bank Of Baroda) for the purpose of collecting provident fund dues from the employers and payment to its subscriber.
- EPFO is a statutory body of Union Government that comes under the Ministry of Labour and Employment.
2.Tesla building world’s biggest Li-ion battery.
- Elon Musk led Tesla, announced thet it is building world’s biggest Li-ion(Lithium Ion) battery system which will be used for storage of renewable energy in South Australia.
- The 129 MWh Powerpack system will be charged by a wind farm.
3. Mercedes-Benz India records best ever sales in June quarter
- Luxury carmaker Mercedes-Benz reported record sales in India at 3,521 units in the April to June quarter. The company said it had recorded a growth of 18% compared to the same period of the previous financial year.
- In June alone, the company recorded 40% growth in sales – just before the Goods and Services Tax was rolled out.
4.Manufacturers may go to jail for not printing revised MRP on unsold goods
- The government amended the Legal Metrology Act, 2009, after consumers complained of arbitrary taxes on MRP.
- Manufacturers will face strict penalty, including jail term, for not printing the revised price on unsold and new products post the launch of Goods and Services Tax
- Consumer Affairs Minister Ram Vilas Paswan told PTI that non-compliance of this will attract a fine of Rs 25,000 for first-time offenders while it will get doubled for the second timers. A fine of up to Rs 1 lakh and a jail term may be awarded to third-time offenders.
1. Virat Kohli surpasses Master Blaster for most tons while chasing.
- Virat Kohli has broken Sachin Tendulakar’s record for most centuries in ODI while chasing
- This was his 28th ODI century , 18 of which have come while chasing.
2.India’s seventh successive ODI series win against WI.
- India defeated Windies by 8 wickets in the 5th ODI to clinch the series 3-1, their 7th straight series victory over the Caribbean team.
3.Manpreet wins 1st gold for India at 22nd Asian Athletics Championship.
- India’s Manpret Kaur bagged the gold medal in women’s shot-put on the opening day of the asian Athletics Championship DISHA held at Odisha .
- Daily Current Affairs: July 1
- Daily Current Affairs: July 2
- Daily Current Affairs: July 3
- Daily Current Affairs: July 4
- Daily Current Affairs: July 5
- Daily Current Affairs: July 6
- Daily Current Affairs: July 7
- Daily Current Affairs: July 8
- Daily Current Affairs: July 9
- Daily Current Affairs: July 10
- Daily Current Affairs: July 11
- Daily Current Affairs: July 12
- Daily Current Affairs: July 13
- Daily Current Affairs: July 14
- Daily Current Affairs: July 15
- Daily Current Affairs: July 16
- Daily Current Affairs: July 17
- Daily Current Affairs: July 18
- Daily Current Affairs: July 19
- Daily Current Affairs: July 20
- Daily Current Affairs: July 21
- Daily Current Affairs: July 22
- Daily Current Affairs: July 23
- Daily Current Affairs: July 24
- Daily Current Affairs: July 25
- Daily Current Affairs: July 26
- Daily Current Affairs: July 27
- Daily Current Affairs: July 28
- Daily Current Affairs: July 29
- Daily Current Affairs: July 30
- Daily Current Affairs: July 31