Daily Current Affairs 7 July 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 7 July 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 7 July 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 7 July 2018 Current affairs test.
1. International Round Table Conference on “Data for New India’’
- The Ministry of Statistics &Programme Implementation (MoSPI) is organising a two-day International Round Table Conference at New Delhi during 9-10th July, 2018.
- The Conference will be inaugurated by Shri D.V. Sadananda Gowda, Hon’ble Union Minister of Statistics & Programme Implementation. The objective of the Round Table Conference is to identify innovative ideas for improving the statistical system in India.
2. Animals Declared As ‘Legal Persons’
- The Uttarakhand High Court accorded the status of ‘legal person or entity’ to the animals in the state.
- The High Court stated that they have a distinct persona with corresponding rights, duties and liabilities of a living person.
3. Airports Authority of India (AAI) will set up Civil Aviation Research Organization
- Airports Authority of India (AAI) will set up Civil Aviation Research Organization (CARO) at Begumpet Airport, Hyderabad.
- The aim is to solve growing air traffic and to enhance safety, capacity and efficiency of aircraft operations in India.
4. Dr. T.K Chand gets Knowledge Excellence Award for Outstanding Contribution in Aluminium Industry
- Dr. Chand received Knowledge Excellence Award from Secretary, Mines, Govt. of India for Outstanding Contribution in Aluminium Knowledge domain.
- Tapan Kumar Chand, CMD, NALCO bestowed the award for scaling up production to meet the rising demand as consumption of Aluminium is poised to reach 10 million tons in the next decade.
1. International Day of Cooperatives
- International Day of Cooperatives celebrated on the 7th of July all over the world.
- The theme for the 2018 International Day of Co-operatives is “sustainable consumption and production of goods and services”.
2. Spider-Man co-creator Steve Ditko passed away
- Steve Ditko, the Marvel Comics artist who co-created the superhero Spider-Man, has passed away aged 90.
- Ditko, along with writer Stan Lee, had introduced Spider-Man in an issue of Amazing Fantasy in 1962.
3. India will develop Mattala Rajapaksa International Airport in Hambantota, Sri Lanka
- India is going to develop Sri Lanka’s loss-making Mattala Rajapaksa International Airport in Hambantota.
- This airport is known as the ‘world’s emptiest airport’.
1. YES Bank Gets SEBI Nod to Launch Mutual Fund Business
- YES Bank has received final regulatory approval from SEBI to start mutual fund business.
- This approval is subsequent to RBI’s approval.
2. ISRO successfully tested Crew Escape System.
- As part of its preparations to send an Indian astronaut into space using an indigenous rocket in the future, The ISRO today tested the Crew Escape System.
- The Crew Escape System is an emergency escape measure designed to quickly pull the crew module along with the astronauts to a safe distance from the launch vehicle in the event of a launch abort.
3. AK Goel appointed as New Chairman of National Green Tribunal
- Supreme Court judge Justice Adarsh Kumar Goel was appointed as the Chairman of the National Green Tribunal (NGT) for a period of 5 years.
- The NGT was established on October 18, 2010 under the National Green Tribunal Act for effective and expeditious disposal of cases relating to environmental protection and conservation of forests and other natural resources.
1. Gianluigi Buffon joins Paris Saint-Germain
- Italy’s goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon joined French side Paris Saint-Germain after a 17-year-long spell at Italian club Juventus.
- With 176 international caps, Buffon is the most capped player in the history of the Italy national team.
2. FIFA World Cup
- Belgium defeated five-time champions Brazil to reach FIFA World Cup semi-finals for the second time in history.
- France defeated two-time champions Uruguay 2-0 to reach the FIFA World Cup semi-finals.
3. Roger Federer sets grass court record
- Roger Federer became the player with the most number of wins on grass in the Open Era after registering his third round win over Germany’s Jan-Lennard Struff.
- He has 175 wins out of his 200 tour-level matches on the grass surface.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,7 July