Daily Current Affairs 7 June 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 7 June 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 7 June 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 7 June 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Govt approves ₹10,000 crore to ISRO for future missions
- Govt approved the continuation of the Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle and Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle Mark-III programs, costing over ₹10,000 crore.
- ₹6,131 crore was allotted for launching light-weight satellites in 30 PSLV flights, ₹4,338 crore was given for heavy-weight satellites on 10 GSLV missions.
- The funds will cater to missions from late-2019 to 2024.
2. Mumbai airport handles 1k flights in 24hrs, breaks own record
- The Chatrapati Shivaji Airport broke its own record by witnessing 1,003 flight operations in 24 hours on Tuesday.
- The airport’s previous record was on May 19, when it handled 988 flights in a day.
3. Election Commission launches its online RTI Portal
- The portal is WWW.rti.eci.nic.in
- The portal also facilities the online reply facility to the applications.
4. The Cabinet approved the proposal of the Department of Posts to hike wages of Gram Dak Sevaks by more than 55%
- This move will benefit around 3.07 lakh GDS.
- Gram Dak Sevaks have been brought under two categories — branch postmasters (BPMs) and other than branch postmasters, assistant branch postmaster.
1. India ranks 137th on Global Peace Index 2018
- India has moved up four places to the 137th rank among 163 countries on the 2018 Global Peace Index according to a report by an Australian think tank.
- India has improved by four positions in the overall ranking from 141st to 137th.
2. South Korean President Moon Jae-in Set for India Visit in July
- The visit comes close as a meeting between minister of state for external affairs General VK Singh and North Korean officials in Pyongyang in may.
- The topic of discussion included political, regional, economic, educational and cultural cooperation between the two countries.
3. PM Modi to Meet Xi Jinping on 9 June at SCO Summit
- PM Narendra Modi will be participating in the 18th Meeting of the Council of Heads of State of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) in China on 9 June.
- MEA spokesperson Raveesh Kumar said that PM Modi will hold a bilateral meeting with Chinese President Xi Jinping on the first day of the summit.
4. Switzerland may inspect Facebook profiles of asylum seekers
- Switzerland may review Facebook, Twitter and other social media profiles of migrants before granting them asylum.
- More than 18,000 migrants had sought asylum in Switzerland last year.
1. CoWrks Plans to Launch 23 Operational Centres In India by the End of 2018
- Bangalore-based, India’s large-format shared office space operator CoWrks’ CEO Sidharth Menda is looking to establish 23 operational centres across 2.5 million sq. ft. by the end of 2018.
- Also Planned to expand the CoWrks community by 25,000 members across locations in major cities.
2. Sensex, Nifty close at three-week highs on higher banking stocks, global markets
- The Sensex and Nifty logged their highest close in more than three weeks led by surging banking stocks amid higher Asian and European indices.
- The Sensex rose 284 points or 0.81% higher at 35,463, the Nifty closed 83.70 points or 0.78% higher at 10,768.
3. Task Of Connecting 400 Railway Stations With Wi-Fi Complete: Google
- Dibrugarh Junction in Assam is the 400th station that was connected to wi-fi on Thursday while Mumbai Central Being the First one.
- Partnered by Railtel, The project was further set up globally based on the model that was developed in India. Google station has been launched in Indonesia and Mexico also.
4. Equity mutual funds qualify for LTCG tax in 1 year, debt funds in 3 years
- Indexation benefits will apply on debt funds and after indexation, a 20% LTCG tax will apply on the gains.
- LTCG tax on mutual fund investments differs from one fund type to another—both the definition of the period that qualifies as long term as well as the tax rate that applies.
1. Kohli is BCCI’s best male international cricketer for last 2 seasons
- Virat Kohli has been named BCCI’s best international cricketer for the 2016-17 and 2017-18 seasons.
- He will also receive the Polly Umrigar Award on June 12.
2. Mithali 1st Indian lady to hit 2000 T20I runs
- She took only 74 innings to achieve this feet.
- India are currently on top of the points table with six points from four matches. India will next face Pakistan on June 9.
3. New Zealand Coach to step down from the position
- New Zealand head coach Mike Hesson announced.
- Under Hesson, New Zealand made the World Cup final against Australia in 2015 that they eventually lost and even registered a record 13-match winning streak across formats at home last year.