Daily Current Affairs 7 March 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 7 March 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 7 March 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 7 March 2019 Current affairs test.
1. New Secretary of Road Transport and Highways Ministry
- Sanjeev Ranjan has been appointed as the new Secretary of Road Transport and Highways Ministry.
- He is currently working as the Chairman of National Highways Authority of India.
- The National Highways Authority of India is an autonomous agency of the Government of India, responsible for management of a network of over 50,000 km of National Highways out of 1,15,000 km in India. It is a nodal agency of the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways.
2. Top Aspirational District
- According to the Delta ranking report by NITI Aayog, Hailakandi of Assam has become the top aspirational district among the 112 aspirational districts.
- The NITI Aayog, also National Institution for Transforming India, is a policy think tank of the Government of India, established with the aim to achieve Sustainable Development Goals.
3. ‘Azaadi ke Diwane’ Museum
- ‘Azaadi ke Diwane’ Museum was built by the Archaeological Survey of India at Red Fort, New Delhi.
- It is dedicated to the unsung heroes of the country’s freedom struggle.
4. Swachh Survekshan 2019
- Indore is awarded Cleanest City – the third year in a row followed by Ambikapur and Mysuru.
- Bhopal is the cleanest state Capital followed by Chennai and Ranchi.
- Best Performing State :- Chhattisgarh followed by Jharkhand and Maharashtra.
- Ujjain Cleanest City (3 Lakh To 10 Lakh Population Category).
- Ahmedabad Declared the Cleanest City In The 10 Lakh Plus Population Category.
- NDMC-Delhi -(1 Lakh To 3 Lakh Population Category)
- Ganga Town Award – Gauchar (Uttarakhand)
1. BOLD-QIT (Border Electronically Dominated QRT Interception Technique)
- BOLD-QIT Project is a riverine section of the Indo-Bangladesh border in Assam will be put under electronic surveillance.
- The aim is to check illegal immigration and smuggling of arms.
2. World’s Youngest Self-made Billionaire
- Kylie Jenner (at 21) has been named as the youngest self-made billionaire of all time by Forbes magazine.
- Kylie Kristen Jenner is an American reality television personality, entrepreneur, socialite, and social media personality.
- The half sister of the Kardashians made it to Forbes billionaires list after debuting her Kylie Cosmetics online in 2015 with $29 lip kits containing matching lipstick and lip liner.
3. The Wealth Report 2019
- According to the Knight Frank Prime International Residential Index, Mumbai is the 16th most expensive prime residential market in the world.
- Manila (Capital of Philippines) has topped the Global List for the same.
- Delhi is at 55th and Bengaluru is at 56th spot.
1. World Bank with Chhattisgarh Govt.
- Government of India and World Bank have signed a USD 25.2 Million Loan Agreement for ‘Chhattisgarh Public Financial Management and Accountability Program’.
- Chief minister: Bhupesh Baghel || Governor: Anandiben Patel || Districts: 27
2. Penalty on 7 PSU Banks
- RBI has imposed a penalty on 7 PSU Banks for delayed implementation of SWIFT-related operational controls.
- These Banks are Karnataka Bank, City Union Bank, DCB Bank, Karur Vysya Bank, Indian Bank, Indian Overseas Bank and United Bank of India.
- The Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication (SWIFT) provides a network that enables financial institutions worldwide to send and receive information about financial transactions in a secure, standardized and reliable environment.
3. India Jewellery Park (IJP)
- Commerce Minister Suresh Prabhu and Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis have laid the foundation stone of India Jewellery Park (IJP) at Navi Mumbai.
- With a cost of Rs 14467 crore, It is likely to be ready by 2022.
4. SWAGAT System
- PM Modi has launched ‘SWAGAT – the Automatic Fare Collection Gating System’ as part of the inaugural of Ahmedabad Metro.
- SWAGAT is an initiative steered by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs in collaboration with BEL and Centre for Development of Advanced Computing and Delhi Metro Rail Corporation, NPCI and SBI.
1. Supercopa de Catalunya
- Girona FC has defeated FC Barcelona in the final of Supercopa de Catalunya.
- The Supercopa de Catalunya is a football super cup competition organised by the Catalan Football Federation since 2014 for football clubs in the Catalonia autonomous community of Spain. The match features the two best ranked Catalan clubs from La Liga.
2. BWF World rankings
- Kidambi Srikanth of India has been at 8th spot in Men’s Singles List in the latest BWF world rankings
- PV Sindhu is at 6th and Saina Nehwal is at 9th in the list.
3. 61st Grandmaster for India
- Iniyan Panneerselvam of Tamil Nadu, won at the Noisiel Open by defeating Grand Master Sergey Fedorchuk of Ukraine.
- He became the 61st Grandmaster for India.