Daily Current Affairs 7 May 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 7 May 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 7 May 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 7 May 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Delhi to host Festival of Bharat
- The 6-day festival will be a tribute to India’s civilisation.
- Grammy award winning artistes and prominent celebrities will attend the festival.
2. Skill India organized Mela in Bhubaneswar
- The ‘Ajeevika and Kaushal Vikas Mela’ is organized in Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
- About 5000 people from different walks of life participated in the Mela.
3. Govt launched informatics centre for water data
- The centre will be a single source of data on water resources in India.
- NWIC will collaborate with national and international institutes for technical support.
4. FMs of 6 states to meet
- Finance Ministers from AP, Puducherry, West Bengal, Kerala and Punjab are attending the meet.
- They will discuss about the Terms of Reference in 15th Finance Commission.
1. China launches communication satellite
- APSTAR-6C will provide TV transmission, communication services across the Asia-Pacific.
- The satellite and rocket were developed by China Corporation.
2. Korean Unification Flag signed
- It was signed by members of joint Korean women’s table tennis team.
- The flag will be used in tournaments where unified Korean team participates.
3. Lebanon holds parliamentary elections
- The voters are electing their govt for the first time in 9 yrs.
- The Parliament elected in 2009 extended its term twice due to instability in neighbouring Syria.
4. Putin sworn-in as Russian President
- Vladamir Putin sworn-in for the 4th time.
- He won the elections with 76% of the votes.
1. RBI announced bond purchases
- RBI will purchase Rs.10,000 cr of govt bonds.
- This comes after RBI failed to sell all the debt it had offered to bidders.
2. ADB projects 7.3% growth for India in 2018
- India will remain fastest growing nation with 7.6% growth for 2019-20.
- India is currently the 6th largest economy in the world with GDP of $2.5 tn.
3. Patanjali makes bid for Ruchi Soya
- Patanjali made the highest bid of around Rs.4000 to Rs.4500 cr.
- Ruchi Soya owed Rs.12,000 cr to banks in 2017.
1. India tops South Asian Junior Championship
- India bagged 50 medals in the championship held at Colombo.
- The juniors will next represent India in Asian Championship at Gifu, Japan.
2. Star Khel Mahakumbh launched in Himachal Pradesh
- It will attract participation from 1 lakh youth across 5000 villages.
- They will compete in volleyball, basketball, cricket, football, kabaddi and athletics .
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,7 May