Daily Current Affairs 07 November 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 07 November 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 07 November 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 7 November 2017 Current affairs test.
1.Government sets 4 member panel to probe NTPC blast.
- The Union Power Ministry has set up a four member panel headed by Central Electricity Authority(CEA) member-thermal PD Siwal to investigate the explosion that took place at UP’s NTPC plant earlier this month.
- The 500MW thermal power unit is shut after the explosion claimed 29 lives and injured over 100 people.
2.SC refuses to stay PETA plea for ban on buffalo race Kambala.
- The Supreme Court has refused to stay a petition filed by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals(PETA) seeking to ban a Karnataka legislation that legalise the buffalo race Kambala.
- Animal rights activist have opposed the sport saying that tying the noses of the buffalos with a rope and using whips on them amounts cruelty.
3.Long range Cruise missile ‘Nirbhay’ test fired.
- India conducted a flight test of its indigenously designed and developed long-range sub-sonic cruise missile ‘Nirbhay’
- The test fire was carried out by Defence Research and Development Organisation(DRDO) Chaired by S. Christopher.
1.Indian Pavilion launched at COP23 in Germany.
- The India Pavilion at Conference of Parties(COP) 23 was inaugurated by Union Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Dr. Harsh Wardhan at Bonn in Germany.
- The Minister is leading the Indian delegation which is participating in the 23rd to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change(UNFCC) being held at Bonn, Germany.
2.India to contribute USD 100mn to UN partnership fund.
- India has pledged to contribute and additional amount of USD100mn towards the UN partnership fund, scaling up its support to sustainable development projects across the developing world.
- Antonio Guterres is the secretary General of New York based United Nations.
3.India-Bangladesh joint military combat exercise ‘Sampriti’ begins.
- The seventh edition of the joint training exercise ‘Sampriti’ between armies of India and Bangladesh will begin in Meghalaya and Mizoram.
- The main objective of the exercise is to conduct counter-insurgency and counter-terrorism operations in peace keeping activities in the UN.
1.Multi Agency Group(MAG) to monitor Paradise Papers probe.
- The GOI has reconstituted Multi Agency Group(MAG) to monitor the investigations into the offshore holdings of 714 Indian individuals and entities identified in Paradise Papers.
- Officials from CBDT, RBI, I-T Department, ED will be part of this MAG.
2.Revenue Secretary Hasmukh Adhia appointed as Finance Secretary.
- The Government of India appointed Revenue Secretary Hasmukh Adhia as the new Finance Secretary.
- The Gujarat cadre IAS officer was involved in formulating the GST rules and is also a part of the GST council.
3.RCom sells DTH business to Veecon Media.
- Anil Ambani led Relaince Communications(RCom) has signed an agreement with Veecon Media to sell 100% equity in its DTH business operating under Reliance BIG TV.
- Veecon will renew the existing DTH license of BIG TV after submitting the required bank guarantee with the Ministry of Information Technology and Broadcasting.
1.India finish commonwealth Championship at top with 20 medals.
- The Indian shooting contingent finished the Commonwealth Shooting Championships 2017 in Australia with 20 medals.
- Indian shooter won a total of Six Gold, Seven Silver and Seven Bronze medals in the competition.
- Daily Current Affairs: November 1
- Daily Current Affairs: November 2
- Daily Current Affairs: November 3
- Daily Current Affairs: November 4
- Daily Current Affairs: November 5
- Daily Current Affairs: November 6
- Daily Current Affairs: November 7
- Daily Current Affairs: November 8
- Daily Current Affairs: November 9
- Daily Current Affairs: November 10
- Daily Current Affairs: November 11
- Daily Current Affairs: November 12
- Daily Current Affairs: November 13
- Daily Current Affairs: November 14
- Daily Current Affairs: November 15