Daily Current Affairs 7 November 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 7 November 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 7 November 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 7 November 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Make in Odisha Conclave
- The second edition of ‘Make In Odisha Conclave’ to be held from November 11 to November 15.
- Japan to be ‘Country Partner’ for Make in Odisha 2018.
2. Hyperloop between Pune and Mumbai
- Maharashtra Govt. has approved Hyperloop project between Pune and Mumbai as a public infrastructure project.
- This will reduce travel time between the two destinations to 25 minutes.
3. Turga Pumped Storage in West Bengal
- India and Japan signed a loan agreement for the construction of Turga Pumped Storage in West Bengal.
- The loan agreement is of Rs 18.17 bn.
4. Odisha Aerospace and Defence Manufacturing Policy, 2018
- Odisha Aerospace and Defence Manufacturing Policy, 2018 was rolled out by Odisha government.
- Odisha:- Chief Minister: Naveen Patnaik || Governor: Prof. Ganeshi Lal.
1. India’s ambassador to Laos
- Dinkar Asthana has been appointed as next Ambassador of India to Lao People’s Democratic Republic.
- Capital: Vientiane || Currency: Lao kip
2. Britain to allow Commonwealth nations to join the Armed Forces
- Britain has allowed foreign nationals from Commonwealth nations to join the Armed Forces.
- The Commonwealth of Nations is an intergovernmental organisation of 53 member states that are mostly former territories of the British Empire.
3. MOU between India and Malawi
- India and Malawi have signed 3 MOUs.
- 1. Extradition Treaty
- 2. Cooperation in the field of Atomic Energy for peaceful purposes.
- 3. VISA Waiver for Diplomatic and Official Passports.
1. India’s first overseas financial transaction on block chain.
- HSBC has transacted India’s first overseas financial transaction to Reliance Industries in an export deal using block chain.
- HSBC Holdings plc is a British multinational banking and financial services holding company. It is the 7ᵗʰ largest bank in the world, and the largest in Europe, with total assets of US$2.374 trillion.
2. IPO timeline to be cut to 3 days
- SEBI has decided to cut listing time for an IPO to 3 days from 6.
- This will start in a phased manner with the 1st phase starting from January 1, 2019.
- Unified Payments Interface was launched as an alternative payment to buy shares in a public issue.
3. Artificial Intelligence bot “ClaRAN”
- AI Bot ‘ClaRAN’ to identify galaxies in deep space.
- It was developed from an open source version of Microsoft and Facebook’s object detection software and is publicly available on GitHub.
1. Women’s World Championship
- MC Mary Kom has been appointed as brand ambassador of 10th edition of Women’s World Championship.
- 2018 AIBA Women’s World Boxing Championships will be held in New Delhi.
2. ICC Women’s World Twenty20
- The 2018 ICC Women’s World Twenty20 will be hosted in the West Indies from 9 to 24 November 2018.
- Current champion: West Indies cricket team || Next tournament: 2018, West Indies || Tournament format: Round robin and knockout || Number of teams: 10 || Most runs: Charlotte Edwards (768) || Most successful: Australia (3 titles) || Most wickets: Ellyse Perry (27)
3. Ambati Rayudu has retired
- Cricketer Ambati Rayudu has announced retirement from 1st-class cricket to focus on 50-over and T20 cricket.
- India Cricket Team :- Captain: Virat Kohli || Location: India || Coaches: Ravi Shastri (Head coach), Ramakrishnan Sridhar, Sanjay Bangar, Bharat Arun (Bowling coach).
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,7 November