Daily Current Affairs 7 October 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 7 October 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 7 October 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 7 October 2017 Current affairs test.
1. Modi to inaugurate projects in Gujarat
- PM will inaugurate development projects worth Rs.5,295 crore during his visit to poll-bound Gujarat.
- He will lay the foundation stone for a greenfield airport located near Rajkot.
2. India to get its first marine police training institute
- The institute will be set up at Gujarat’s Devbhumi Dwarka district.
- The police will be trained to provide security within a 5-km boundary along the coastline.
3. Fuel tank burning for 20 hrs
- A major fire broke out at a fuel tank farm of the Mumbai Port Trust located at Butcher Island off Mumbai coast.
- The fire that was brought under control reignited because of the excessive heat.
1. Pope denounces gender changing technology
- Pope Francis denounced the new technologies saying that the advancements are a risk to the creation of new life.
2. Moscow receives 130 fake bomb calls
- It prompted the evacuation of 1 lakh people.
- It is believed to be the most massive flurry of fake bomb threats since a wave of bomb hoaxes began in September.
3. US approves sale of THAAD missiles to Saudi
- The US State Department has approved the sale of missile system worth over $15 billion to Saudi Arabia.
- The deal includes 44 THAAD launchers and 360 missiles along with five control stations and radars.
1. Govt reduces GST rates on 27 products and services
- The govt introduced a 0.1% GST rate for merchant exporters, offering relief from the full-applicable GST rates.
- GST on products like sliced dried mangoes and services like zari work is reduced from 12% to 5%.
2. Plans to reduce public-sector banks
- The Centre is planning to bring down public sector banks from 21 to 10-15 by merging some of the banks.
- The govt revealed that it would take care of bad loan problems before merging the banks.
3. Zee Entertainment acquires 9X Media, INX Music
- Zee Entertainment has acquired 100% stake in a Rs.160-crore cash deal.
- 9X Media’s Bollywood news portal SpotboyE will also be a part of this transaction.
1. India lose FIFA U-17 World Cup opener
- India lost against USA with 0-3.
- India will next face Colombia on Monday.
- Daily Current Affairs: October 1
- Daily Current Affairs: October 2
- Daily Current Affairs: October 3
- Daily Current Affairs: October 4
- Daily Current Affairs: October 5
- Daily Current Affairs: October 6
- Daily Current Affairs: October 7
- Daily Current Affairs: October 8
- Daily Current Affairs: October 9
- Daily Current Affairs: October 10
- Daily Current Affairs: October 11
- Daily Current Affairs: October 12
- Daily Current Affairs: October 13
- Daily Current Affairs: October 14
- Daily Current Affairs: October 15