Daily Current Affairs 7 October 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 7 October 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 7 October 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 7 October 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Geographical Indication Tag for Alphonso Mango
- Alphonso Mango from Ratnagiri, Sindhudurg and other region areas in Maharashtra got a Geographical Indication (GI) Tag.
- Alphonso mango is a seasonal fruit, considered to be among the most superior varieties of the fruit in terms of sweetness, richness and flavour. The variety is named after Afonso de Albuquerque, a Portuguese general and military expert.
2. Feisty At Fifty – A book
- ‘Feisty At Fifty’ is authored by Sudha Menon has released at the Pune International Literary Festival.
- Sudha Menon is an author, a columnist and a writing coach. She is the author of four non-fiction books, Leading Ladies: Women Who Inspire India, Legacy: Letters to their daughters from eminent Indian men and women, Gifted: inspirational stories of people with disabilities and Devi, Diva or She-Devil: The smart Career woman’s survival guide.
3. India’s 1st ‘Methanol Cooking Fuel Program’
- ‘Northeast and Assam Petro-chemicals’ Company has inducted India’s first “Methanol Cooking Fuel Program in Assam.
- Assam CM- Sarbanand Sonowal, Governor- Jagdish Mukhi.
4. ‘Digi Yatra’
- ‘Digi Yatra’ is a policy on biometric based digital processing of passengers at airports.
- This facial recognition system will allow entry into airports.
- DigiYatra Central Platform will be operational by end of February, 2019 with Bangalore and Hyderabad International Airports are the first two airport to be implemented.
1. Global Communication Association GCA Jaipur 2018
- India will host the 14th International GCA Jaipur 2018 conference on Media and Communication in Jaipur.
- Theme :- ‘Digital Inbound: Internet Communications and Beyond’
2. 1st Person to lose Honorary Canadian Citizenship
- Aung San Suu Kyi has become 1st Person to lose Honorary Canadian Citizenship
- This is because in human rights violations against the Rohingya people in Myanmar.
- Aung San Suu Kyi is a Burmese politician, diplomat, author, and Nobel Peace Prize laureate. She is the leader of the National League for Democracy and the first and incumbent State Counsellor, a position akin to a prime minister.
3. 2018 Government E-Payments Adoption Ranking (GEAR)
- 2018 Government E-Payments Adoption Ranking (GEAR) was compiled by The Economist Intelligence Unit and Visa.
- India has ranked 28th among 73 countries in Govt. e-payment adoption.
- Top Three
- 1. Norway
- 2. France
- 3. Denmark
4. Cervantino International Festival
- The 46th edition of Cervantino International Festival will be held in Mexico.
- India will participate as a guest of honour in the festival.
1. Reliance Health Insurance
- Reliance Health Insurance to start its operation by the December quarter of 2018 as it has received final approval from IRDAI.
- Ravi Viswanath will be the CEO.
2. MobiKwik’s new product
- MobiKwik’s new product ‘Boost’ has been launched.
- Loans of up to Rs 60,000 can be sanctioned as well as disbursed in 90 seconds.
- Like CIBIL Score (A Credit score) here Mobiscore will be used as an innovative risk scoring model
3. Forbes India Rich List 2018
- 1. Reliance Industries’ Chairman Mukesh Ambani
- 2. Wipro Chairman Azim Premji
- 3. ArcelorMittal Chairman and CEO Lakshmi Mittal
- 4. Hinduja brothers
- 5. Shapoorji Pallonji Group Chairman Pallonji Mistry
4. ‘Best 100 Global Brands 2018’ report
- 1. Apple
- 2. Google
- 3. Amazon
- Facebook fell to ninth place amid data breach controversies.
5. New MDs and CEOs
- ICICI Bank :- Sandeep Bakhshi
- National Legal Services Authority of India (NALSA)’s Executive Chairman :- Madan Bhimarao Lokur
- Infrastructure Leasing and Financial Services (IL&FS)’s VC and MD :- Vineet Nayyar
- IDBI Bank CEO :- Rakesh Sharma
1. Under-19 Asia Cup
- India defeated Sri Lanka to win the Under-19 Asia Cup for the sixth time.
- India U-19 also had won the Under-19 World Cup in February 2018.
2. Pro Kabaddi 2018.
- The 2018 Vivo Pro Kabaddi League is going to be the 6th Season of the tournament.
- The sixth season of the VIVO Pro Kabaddi League will begin on 7 October, 2018.