Daily Current Affairs 7 September 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 7 September 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 7 September 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try
7 September 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Mahatma Gandhi’s ‘Nai Talim’
- HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar has launched book and curriculum on Gandhiji’s Nai Talim(basic education).
- It will be available in 13 languages.
2. Supreme Court abolishes Section 377
- A Five Judge Constitution Bench of the Supreme Court has decriminalised Section 377 of the IPC by partially striking down some of its provisions.
- A.M. Khanwilkar, R.F. Nariman, D.Y. Chandrachud and Indu Malhotra, were the other judges along with CJI Dipak Misra on the bench.
3. Bengaluru Space Expo
- The 6th edition of Bengaluru Space Expo was inaugurated by K Sivan(ISRO Chairman).
- The Indian Space Research Organisation is the space agency of the Government of India headquartered in the city of Bangalore.
4. MOBILISE YOUR CITY
- India and France have signed an implementation agreement on ‘MOBILISE YOUR CITY’ (MYC).
- The MYC aims at supporting three pilot cities Nagpur, Kochi and Ahmedabad in their efforts to reduce their Green House Gas emissions related to urban transport.
1. India-US – 2+2 Talks
- This the first edition of the two-plus-two talks between India and the US in New Delhi.
- There was a bilateral discussion among Sushma Swaraj and Nirmala Sitharaman from Indian side and Michael R Pompeo(US Secretary of State) and James Mattis(Defence Secretary).
2. Communications Compatibility and Security Agreement
- This agreement was signed in the first edition of the two-plus-two talks between India and the US in New Delhi.
- This will enable India to have access to Sophisticated defence technologies and communication network from USA for the Indian Armed force.
3. First Gulf nation to grant PR to expatriates
- Qatar is the first Gulf Country to offer expatriates a permanent residency status.
- Issuing a new law, Emir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani directed the government on Tuesday to grant permanent residency to 100 expatriates every year
- SLINEX-2018 is a joint exercise between Indian and Sri Lankan navies.
- Indian Navy to take part in the SLINEX-2018 at Trincomalee, Sri Lanka.
1. WHO South-East Asia’s New Regional Director
- Dr Poonam Singh has been appointed as the Regional Director WHO South-East Asia.
- She is the first woman to have been elected to the position.
2. Brand Ambassador of BSNL
- Boxer Mary Kom is now the Brand Ambassador of BSNL.
- Anupam Shrivastava is the present Chairman and Managing Director of BSNL.
3. Infosys with Temasek (Singapore)
- Infosys has teamed up with Temasek Holdings to form a joint venture that will support the Temasek’s digital transformation.
- Infosys:- CEO: Salil Parekh || Headquarters: Bengaluru || Revenue: 1,093.9 crores USD (2018) || Founders: N. R. Narayana Murthy, Nandan Nilekani
4. i2iFunding to have NBFC-P2P
- i2ifunding.com has received certificate of NBFC-Peer to Peer Lending Platform (NBFC-P2P) from RBI.
- P2P refers to peer to peer lending platform which enables many borrowers to seek loans from other individuals who have surplus cash and are comfortable giving to another individual directly for a better return (as compared to what they will get it they would have placed it in a bank deposit).
1. India’s 292nd Test player
- Hanuma Vihari will be India’s 292nd Test player.
- He will play the fifth Test against England at The Oval.
- Ab de villiers will take part in PSL-2019
- 2019 Pakistan Super League will be the fourth season of the Pakistan Super League, a franchise Twenty20 cricket league which was established by the Pakistan Cricket Board in 2015.
3. ISSF World Championships
- Hriday Hazarika claimed Gold in the men’s 10m air rifle event.
- Women’s team bag gold medals in 10m air rifle events