Daily Current Affairs 7th 8th August 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 7th 8th August 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 7th 8th August 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 7th 8th August 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Kisan Rail
- Indian Railways has started ‘Kisan Rail’ Service to transport perishable goods.
- The first of its kinds will run between Devlali in Maharashtra and will reach Danapur in Bihar.
2. National Clinical Registry for COVID-19
- Government of India is set to launch a National Clinical Registry for COVID-19.
- Aim: To collect real time clinical data which will help in evidence based clinical practice, research, formulation of guidelines and policy making.
3. Parivar Pehchan Patra
- Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has launched ‘Parivar Pehchan Patras’.
- Aim: For Citizens to get the benefits of various central and state government schemes.
1. 2nd Bi-Monthly Monetary Policy Statement
- RBI has released its 2nd Bi-Monthly Monetary Policy Statement 2020-21.
- Policy Repo Rate : 4.00%
- Reverse Repo Rate : 3.35%
- Marginal Standing Facility Rate : 4.25%
- Bank Rate: 4.25%
- CRR : 3%
- SLR : 18.00%
2. KV Kamath Committee by RBI
- RBI has set-up a Committee under KV Kamath for one-time restructuring of loans
- Aim: To provide a principle-based resolution framework for addressing borrower defaults.
1. Book ‘RAW: A History of India’s Covert Operations’
- Book ‘RAW: A History of India’s Covert Operations’ has authored by Investigative Journalist and author Yatish Yadav.
- The Research and Analysis Wing is the foreign intelligence agency of India. The agency’s primary function is gathering foreign intelligence, counter-terrorism, counter-proliferation, advising Indian policymakers, and advancing India’s foreign strategic interests.
Science and Technology News
1. OHE Inspection app
- Indian Railways has launched ‘OHE Inspection App’ for real-time monitoring.
- Aim: To minimize the train delays and long waits due to technical glitch.
1. New chairman of UPSC
- Pradeep Kumar Joshi has appointed as the chairman of the Union Public Service Commission replacing Arvind Saxena.
- The Union Public Service Commission, commonly abbreviated as UPSC, is India’s premier central recruiting agency. It is responsible for appointments to and examinations for All India services and group A & group B of Central services. While Department of Personnel and Training is the central personnel agency in India.
2. Comptroller and Auditor General of India
- Former Jammu and Kashmir Lt Governor Girish Chandra Murmu has been appointed as the new Comptroller and Auditor General of India.
- He will replace Rajiv Mehrishi.
- CAG: Headquarters: New Delhi || CAG Founded: 1858.
3. SEBI Chairman
- Ajay Tyagi has been re-appointed as the chairman of Securities and Exchange Board of India.
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India is the regulator of the securities and commodity market in India owned by the Government of India. It was established on 12 April 1988 and given Statutory Powers on 30 January 1992 through the SEBI Act, 1992.
1. National Handloom Day
- India observes National Handloom Day on 7th August every year.
- A ‘handloom’ is a loom that is used to weave cloth without the use of any electricity. Hand weaving is done on pit looms or frame looms generally located in weavers’ homes.
Agreements and MoUs
1. Andhra Pradesh Govt with Indian School of Business
- Andhra Pradesh Government has tied-up with ISB to set up public policy lab ‘GoAP-ISB Policy Lab’ for economic development and job creation.
- Andhra Pradesh: Governor: Biswabhusan Harichandan || Chief minister: YS Jaganmohan Reddy
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. FutureBrand Index 2020
- Top Three:
- 1. Apple
- 2. Reliance
- 3. Samsung
- The FutureBrand Index is a global brand perception study based on the PwC Global Top 100 Companies by market capitalisation
- Reliance Industries has been ranked second biggest brand globally after Apple in FutureBrand Index 2020 by PwC.
1. New Brand Ambassador of WTF Sports
- Sports Gaming Platform ‘WTF Sports’ has appointed Cricketer Suresh Raina and Harmanpreet Kaur as its brand ambassadors.
- Harmanpreet Kaur is an Indian cricketer. She plays as an all-rounder for the Indian women’s cricket team and was awarded the prestigious Arjuna Award for Cricket in the year 2017 by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports.