Daily Current Affairs 7th 8th September 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 7th 8th September 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 7th 8th September 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 7th 8th September 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Smart Performance Appraisal Report Recording Online Window (SPARROW)
- J&K Lieutenant Governor, Manoj Sinha has launched the online portal ‘Smart Performance Appraisal Report Recording Online Window’ (SPARROW) for Administrative Service Officers.
- Aim: Ensuring better monitoring and timely completion of performance appraisals of JKAS officers.
1. Vodafone Idea as ‘Vi’
- Vodafone Idea has re-branded itself as ‘Vi’.
- Vodafone Idea Limited, d/b/a Vi is an Indian telecom operator with its headquarters based in Mumbai, Maharashtra and Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
- CEO: Ravinder Takkar.
2. Infosys’ new Acquisition
- Infosys has acquired ‘Kaleidoscope Innovation’, a product design firm.
- Infosys: CEO: Salil Parekh || Infosys Headquarters: Bengaluru
Science and Technology News
1. ‘I Rakhwali’ App
- Punjab Government has launched ‘I Rakhwali” App to ensure greenery and to protect the environment
- Punjab: Chief Minister: Capt. Amarinder Singh || Governor: V.P. Singh Badnore.
1. President of the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM)
- Maruti Suzuki MD and CEO, Kenichi Ayukawa has been elected as the new President of the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM).
- The Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM) is a not for profit apex national body representing all major vehicle and vehicular engine manufacturers in India.
- Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers: Founded: July 2012 || Headquarters: New Delhi.
2. President of the Federation of Automobile Dealers Associations (FADA)
- Federation of Automobile Dealers Associations (FADA) has appointed Vinkesh Gulati as its new President.
- Federation of Automobile Dealers Associations: Founded: 1964 || Headquarters: New Delhi.
1. International Literacy Day
- 8 September was declared international literacy day by UNESCO on 26 October 1966 at 14th session of UNESCO’s General conference.
- It was celebrated for the first time in 1967. Its aim is to highlight the importance of literacy to individuals, communities and societies. Celebrations take place in several countries.
- Theme: ‘Literacy teaching and learning in the COVID-19 crisis and beyond’.
2. International Day of Clean Air for blue skies
- The very first International Day of Clean Air for blue skies will be held on September 7th, 2020.
- The Day aims to: Raise public awareness at all levels—individual, community, corporate and government—that clean air is important for health, productivity, the economy and the environment.
1. Italian Grand Prix 2020
- Winner: Pierre Gasly
- Runner-up: Carlos Sainz Jr.
- Pierre Gasly is a French racing driver, currently competing in Formula One under the French flag, racing for Scuderia AlphaTauri.
- Lewis Hamilton ended at 7th place after he had a 10-second stop and go penalty.