Daily Current Affairs 7th February 2024: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 7th February2024. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 7th February2024. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 7th February2024 Current affairs test.
1. Inaugural Steps for India’s Premier Digital Museum of Epigraphy by the Culture Ministry
- The Union Culture Minister, G. Kishan Reddy, initiated India’s first Digital National Museum of Epigraphy at the Salar Jung Museum in Hyderabad, overseen by the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI).
- This project aims to digitally preserve around 100,000 ancient inscriptions in various languages as part of the Bharat Shared Repository of Inscriptions (BharatSHRI) initiative.
- The goal is to make these ancient inscriptions accessible for scholarly research and to enhance the cultural knowledge of the general populace.
2. Strategic Border Security Enhancement Along the Indo-Myanmar Boundary
- India has started a project to install fencing along the 1,643-kilometer Indo-Myanmar border to improve border security and manage increasing cross-border insurgencies.
- The project includes creating a dedicated patrol pathway to boost surveillance and monitoring capabilities, ensuring a more secure national boundary.
3. IRCTC’s Innovative Ramayana Circuit Train Tour Initiative
- The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has launched the Ramayana Circuit train tour to connect pilgrims with significant sites related to Lord Rama’s epic story.
- This initiative aims to foster spiritual tourism and provide an enriching pilgrimage experience.
4. Legislative Measures to Uphold Integrity in Public Examinations: The 2024 Bill
- The Public Examinations (Prevention of Unfair Means) Bill, 2024, aims to ensure the integrity and fairness of public examinations by defining unfair practices and establishing penalties.
- This bill represents the government’s commitment to a merit-based evaluation system and emphasizes the importance of transparency and fairness in education.
5. Prime Minister Modi’s Inauguration of the ONGC Sea Survival Training Centre in Goa
- During his visit to Goa, Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the ONGC Integrated Sea Survival Training Centre, designed for specialized training in sea survival techniques.
- This event also marked the inauguration of India Energy Week 2024, highlighting the nation’s focus on energy independence and sustainability.
6. DoNER’s ‘North-East Sammelan’ Emphasizes Regional Progress and Collaboration
- The ‘North-East Sammelan’ at the Dr. Ambedkar International Centre in New Delhi featured the virtual inauguration of projects aimed at cultural integration and providing accommodation facilities for Northeastern students.
- This event highlighted the developmental efforts and collaborative projects in the North-East region of India.
7. Comprehensive Projects Worth ₹1330 Crore Launched by Prime Minister Modi in Goa
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the new campus of the National Institute of Technology Goa, a project exceeding ₹1330 crore, equipped with advanced facilities to enhance the academic environment.
8. NDA Government’s Insightful White Paper on Economic Policies
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman is set to present a white paper critiquing the economic policies of the previous UPA government, aiming to educate the public on economic policy and governance.
9. Sri Lanka’s Strategic Move Towards Free Trade Agreements
- Sri Lanka is actively working to establish free trade agreements with India and other nations by the end of 2024, aiming to stimulate economic growth and expand market access.
10. Iran’s Visa Waiver Policy for Indian Tourists
- Iran has introduced a visa waiver policy for Indian tourists, allowing for 15-day visa-free visits every six months, to enhance tourism and international relations.
11. Nayib Bukele Secures Reelection as President of El Salvador
- Nayib Bukele has been reelected as President of El Salvador, focusing on economic policies and poverty reduction despite facing international scrutiny over his governance style.
Regional and Economic Insights
12. Uttar Pradesh’s Strategic Enhancements to the ‘EV Upyog’ Portal
- The Uttar Pradesh government is enhancing the ‘EV Upyog’ portal to promote electric vehicle adoption and manufacturing, involving upgrades to features and cybersecurity.
13. Maharashtra’s In auguration of the ‘Chief Minister Vayoshree Yojana’
- With the introduction of the ‘Chief Minister Vayoshree Yojana,’ Maharashtra aims to support senior citizens with disabilities by providing financial assistance to improve their quality of life.
Economic and Banking Sector Developments
14. Fitch Ratings’ Assessment of India’s Fiscal Health
- Fitch Ratings projects India’s fiscal deficit to reach 5.4% of GDP for FY25, indicating challenges in meeting long-term deficit reduction goals despite the country’s positive growth prospects.
15. OECD’s Optimistic Projections for India’s Economic Trajectory
- The OECD has revised its growth projections for India, expecting an economic expansion of 6.2% for FY25 and a steady growth rate of 6.5% for FY26.
Banking and Finance Updates
16. Regulatory Approval for HDFC Bank’s Strategic Investments
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has approved HDFC Bank and its group companies to acquire stakes of up to 9.5% in six prominent banks, including ICICI Bank and Axis Bank.
17. Improvement in Banking System Liquidity
- The liquidity deficit in India’s banking system has decreased to ₹1.40 lakh crore, indicating an easing of liquidity constraints and a more stable financial environment.
Commemorations and Appointments
18. National Science Day 2024: Celebrating Indigenous Technologies
- The theme for National Science Day 2024, “Indigenous Technologies for Viksit Bharat,” emphasizes the importance of leveraging local innovations for national development.
19. Judicial Leadership: Appointment of Justice Vijay Bishnoi
- Justice Vijay Bishnoi has been appointed as the Chief Justice of the Gauhati High Court, bringing his extensive legal experience to the role.
20. ADB’s New Direction Under Mio Oka’s Leadership
- Mio Oka has been appointed as the Asian Development Bank’s Country Director for India, expected to strengthen the ADB’s partnership with India.
Collaborative Initiatives and Sports Celebrations
21. Maharashtra’s Innovative Ropeway Development Collaboration
- The Maharashtra government and the National Highways Logistic Management Limited have collaborated to develop 40 ropeway projects, aiming to improve connectivity and promote tourism.
22. BIMSTEC Aquatics Championship: A Showcase of Regional Solidarity
- The BIMSTEC Aquatics Championship 2024, held in New Delhi, highlights regional cooperation and athletic prowess among member states.
23. Hyderabad’s Role as Host for FIFA World Cup Qualifiers
- Hyderabad has been chosen as the venue for the FIFA World Cup qualifier match between India and Kuwait, showcasing the city’s sports hosting capabilities.
Health and Technological Challenges
24. Karnataka’s Response to Kyasanur Forest Disease Outbreak
- Karnataka has issued a statewide alert and is taking actions to contain the outbreak of Kyasanur Forest Disease, also known as Monkey Fever, primarily in the Uttara Kannada district.