Daily Current Affairs 8 April 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 8 April 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 8 April 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 8 April 2018 Current affairs test.
1. IITs to add 779 seats exclusively for women
- This is in a bid to improve the gender ratio in the B.Tech programme.
- Of the 779 seats, the largest portion of 113 will go to IIT Kharagpur.
2. Chhattisgarh bags ‘State of the Year’ award
- Chhattisgarh bagged the ‘State of the Year’ Award for its remarkable progress in business and services activities in various sectors of the state.
- The state government has successfully completed 14 years under the CM Dr. Raman Singh.
3. 3 mobile apps launched for K’taka elections
- The apps are titled Model Code for Conduct Reporting, Election Officers’ Directory and Election Quiz.
- They would help voters get poll-related information and report violations of the code of conduct.
4. ‘HornVrat’ aims to curb constant honking in Mumbai
- NGO ‘Awaaz Foundation’ has launched the campaign to curb constant honking in Mumbai .
- To promote the campaign, an auto rickshaw decorated blow horns is being taken out on the streets of Mumbai.
1. 70 civilians killed in suspected chemical attack in Syria
- This is a result as govt troops allegedly dropped a barrel bomb containing poisonous chemicals in Syria’s Eastern Ghouta.
- The Syrian govt has denied the allegations.
2. UK opens 1st military base in Middle East in 50 yrs
- The base will host around 300 British troops and support personnel.
- It is aimed at helping the UK tackle security threats in the Gulf region.
3. Afghanistan accepts Pak offer to resume talks with Taliban
- Pak and Afghanistan called on the Taliban to join the talks without delay.
- This comes after Prez Ashraf Ghani said he was ready to recognise the Taliban as a political group.
4. 800 flee Venezuela to Brazil daily : UN
- The global refugee agency added that Venezuelans also fled to Colombia and Panama among other countries.
- This comes as Venezuela faces its worst economic crisis amid hyperinflation and shortage of cash.
1. Cash vans should have CCTV,GPS, wireless sets : RBI
- The service provider must have a net worth of Rs.100 cr and a minimum fleet of 300 specifically fabricated cash vans.
- No cash van should move without armed guards.
2. Centre’s director on ICICI board changed
- The govt has changed its nominee on private sector lender ICICI Bank’s board amid the ongoing Videocon row.
- It has nominated another Joint Secretary-rank official from the FM, Lok Ranjan.
3. Some PSBs can be privatised but not right now : SBI Chairman
- Rajnish Kumar has said some of them could be divested after being strengthened.
- He said it would take at least 2 years for banks to be strengthened.
1. Manu Bhaker sets CWG record to bag gold
- Manu Bhaker shot a total of 240.9 to set CWG record in the women’s 10m Air Pistol event.
- India’s Heena Sindhu finished 2nd scoring 234.
2. Mary Kom assured of medal on CWG debut
- Mary assured India of another medal after advancing to semis in the women’s 48 kg boxing event.
- The 5 time world champion will face Sri Lanka’s Anusha Dilrukshiin the semifinal.
3. Dhoni-led CSK defeat MI in last over
- CSK who returned to IPL after serving a 2 yr suspension period defeated MI in the season opener.
- CSK will next face KKR on April 10th.