Daily Current Affairs 8 February 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 8 February 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 8 February 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 8 February 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Statue of Padmasambhava
- Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has unveiled a 19-foot-high statue of Padmasambhava.
- In Tibetan Buddhism, he is a character of a genre of literature called terma, an emanation of Amitābha that is said to appear to tertöns in visionary encounters and a focus of guru yoga practice, particularly in the Rimé schools. The Nyingma school considers Padmasambhava to be a founder of their tradition.
2. National Commission for Cows
- Cabinet has approved a proposal for setting up of the ‘Rashtriya Kamdhenu Aayog’ (National Commission for Cows).
- The aim is to conservation, protection and development of cows and their progeny.
3. India Size project
- Minister of Textiles Smriti Irani has launched the India Size project in Mumbai.
- India Size aims to arrive at a standard Indian Size for the ready-to-wear clothing industry.
- Currently the standardized sizes available in countries such as the USA and the UK.
4. Cinematograph Act, 1952
- Cabinet has approved amendments to the Cinematograph Act, 1952 to tackle film piracy and Copyright infringement.
- The Cinematograph Act, 1952 and Rules. An Act to make provision for the certification of cinematograph films for exhibition and for regulating exhibitions by means of cinematographs. 1.(1) This Act may be called the Cinematograph Act, 1952
1. International Intellectual Property (IP) index
- India has ranked 36th amongst 50 countries in the International Intellectual Property published by US Chamber of Commerce.
- The United States Chamber of Commerce is a business-oriented American lobbying group. Politically, the Chamber usually supports Republican political candidates, though it has occasionally supported conservative Democrats.
2. US nominee to lead the World Bank
- Donald Trump has chosen senior Treasury official David Malpass as the US nominee to lead the World Bank.
- The World Bank is an international financial institution that provides loans to countries of the world for capital projects. It comprises two institutions: the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development, and the International Development Association. The World Bank is a component of the World Bank Group.
3. 2019 Asia LPG Summit
- Union Minister for Petroleum and Natural Gas Dharmendra Pradhan has inaugurated the 2019 Asia LPG summit in New Delhi.
- It was organised by Indian Oil, Hindustan Petroleum and Bharat Petroleum together with the World LPG Association (WLPGA).
- Theme :- ‘LPG – Energy for Life.’
- India has become the world’s second-largest importer of LPG after China.
4. Ambassador of India to the Republic of Argentina
- Dinesh Bhatia has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to Argentina.
- He is currently the Consul General, Consulate General of India at Toronto.
1. NTPC with HDFC Bank
- NTPC has inked Rs 2500 crore loan agreement with HDFC Bank.
- NTPC limited is an Indian Public Sector Undertaking, engaged in the business of generation of electricity and allied activities. It is a company incorporated under the Companies Act 1956 and is promoted by the Government of India. The headquarters of the company is situated at New Delhi.
- HDFC Bank Limited is an Indian banking and financial services company headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra. HDFC Bank is India’s largest private sector lender by assets.
2. World Heritage Centre
- A World Heritage Centre housing ‘spiritual camps’ of 45 countries would be set up at Mayapur.
- Mayapur is the global headquarters of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON) in Nadia district of West Bengal.
3. Limit of collateral free Agricultural Loans
- RBI has increased the limit of collateral free agricultural loans from 1.0 lakh to 1.6 lakh.
- The Reserve Bank of India is India’s central banking institution, which controls the issuance and supply of the Indian rupee. Until the Monetary Policy Committee was established in 2016, it also controlled monetary policy in India.
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das || Bank rate: 6.75% || Interest on reserves: 4.00% (market determined) || Headquarters: Mumbai
4. Parmanu Tech 2019
- Parmanu Tech 2019 is organised by Ministry of External Affairs and Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) in New Delhi.
- The aim is to discuss the issues related to Nuclear Energy and Radiation Technologies.
- The Department of Atomic Energy is a department directly under the Prime Minister of India with headquarters in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. DAE was established in 1954 by a Presidential Order.
1. EGAT Cup
- Indian Weightlifter Saikhom Mirabai Chanu has clinched Gold Medal at the EGAT Cup in Thailand.
- Saikhom Mirabai Chanu is an Indian weightlifter. A regular presence in international events since 2014 in the 48 kg category, Chanu has won the World Championships and multiple medals at the Commonwealth Games. She was awarded the Padma Shri by the Government of India for her contributions to the sport.
2. FIFA ranking
- India is dropped out of the top 100 ranks, is now at 103.
- Belgium is at the top position.
- Qatar (Asian Cup Winner) – 55
- Japan (Asian Cup Runner-up) -27
3. Ranji Trophy 2018-19
- Vidarbha has clinched second successive Ranji Title defeating Saurashtra in the finals.
- The Ranji Trophy is a domestic first-class cricket championship played in India between teams representing regional and state cricket associations. The competition currently consists of 37 teams, with all 29 states in India and two of the seven union territories having at least one representation.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,8 February
- Daily Current Affairs: February 1
- Daily Current Affairs: February 2
- Daily Current Affairs: February 3
- Daily Current Affairs: February 4
- Daily Current Affairs: February 5
- Daily Current Affairs: February 6
- Daily Current Affairs: February 7
- Daily Current Affairs: February 8
- Daily Current Affairs: February 9
- Daily Current Affairs: February 10
- Daily Current Affairs: February 11
- Daily Current Affairs: February 12
- Daily Current Affairs: February 13
- Daily Current Affairs: February 14
- Daily Current Affairs: February 15
- Daily Current Affairs: February 16
- Daily Current Affairs: February 17
- Daily Current Affairs: February 18
- Daily Current Affairs: February 19
- Daily Current Affairs: February 20
- Daily Current Affairs: February 21
- Daily Current Affairs: February 22
- Daily Current Affairs: February 23
- Daily Current Affairs: February 24
- Daily Current Affairs: February 25
- Daily Current Affairs: February 26
- Daily Current Affairs: February 27
- Daily Current Affairs: February 28