Daily Current Affairs 8 July 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 8 July 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 8 July 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 8 July 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Odisha with Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Government has approved around $9 million for relief and rehabilitation work in cyclone-hit Odisha.
- Odisha:- Chief Minister: Naveen Patnaik || Governor: Ganeshi Lal.
2. Kargil Tribute Song
- Indian Army Chief General Bipin Rawat has released a Kargil Tribute Song.
- It is a part of the celebration of the 20th anniversary of Kargil Vijay Diwas on 26th July.
- Kargil Vijay Diwas, named after the success of Operation Vijay. On 26 July 1999, India successfully took command of the high outposts which had been lost to Pakistani intruders. 27 July is celebrated as Kargil Vijay Diwas in India.
3. ‘Digital Udaan’
- Reliance Jio has tied up with Facebook for digital literacy initiative ‘Digital Udaan’.
- Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited is an Indian mobile network operator. Owned by Reliance Industries and headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra, it operates a national LTE network with coverage across all 22 telecom circles.
- Facebook, Inc. is an American online social media and social networking service company based in Menlo Park, California.
- acebook:- Headquarters: California || CEO: Mark Zuckerberg.
4. World Skills India’s International Cloud Computing Challenge 2019
- NASSCOM has partnered with National Skill Development Corporation to organise ‘World Skills India’s International Cloud Computing Challenge 2019’.
- Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship National Skill Development Corporation is a not-for-profit public limited company incorporated on July 31, 2008 under section 25 of the Companies Act, 1956. NSDC was set up by Ministry of Finance as Public Private Partnership model.
- The National Association of Software and Services Companies is a trade association of Indian Information Technology and Business Process Outsourcing industry. Established in 1988, NASSCOM is a non-profit organisation.
- NASSCOM: Chairperson: Rishad Premji || Headquarters: Noida || Founded: 1 March 1988 || Founders: Dewang Mehta, Nandan Nilekani
1. Exercise Ramses 2019
- Egypt and France has conclude Joint Air-Sea Military Exercise ‘Ramses 2019’ in Egypt.
- Egypt: President: Abdel Fattah el-Sisi || Capital: Cairo || Currency: Egyptian pound
2. COP-14 of United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification
- India will be hosting 14th session of Conference of Parties of United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification for the first time.
- The United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification in Those Countries Experiencing Serious Drought and/or Desertification,
- Particularly in Africa (UNCCD) is a Convention to combat desertification and mitigate the effects of drought through national action programs that incorporate long-term strategies supported by international cooperation and partnership arrangements.
- COP 14: New Delhi (India), 2 to 13 September 2019.
3. Iran to breach 2015 Nuclear Deal
- Iran will break a limit set on uranium enrichment in breach of the landmark 2015 nuclear deal.
- In 2015, Iran agreed a long-term deal on its nuclear programme with a group of world powers known as the P5+1 – the US, UK, France, China, Russia and Germany.
- It came after years of tension over Iran’s alleged efforts to develop a nuclear weapon.
- Enriched uranium is a type of uranium in which the percent composition of uranium-235 has been increased through the process of isotope separation.
1. New Director of Institute of Banking Personnel Selection
- Harideesh Kumar has been appointed as the new Director of Institute Of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS).
- The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection is a recruitment body that was started with an aim to encourage the recruitment and placement of young graduates in public sector banks in India, other than the State Bank of India.
2. New Managing Director of Capital Region Urban Transport
- IPS Arun Bothra has been appointed as MD of Capital Region Urban Transport (CRUT).
- Mo Bus is a public transport bus service run in Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
- The Capital Region Urban Transport (CRUT), a special purpose vehicle (SPV), formed under Housing and Urban Development Department of the Government of Odisha operates a fleet of 310 buses to and from the capital.
- The buses are equipped with Wi-Fi, closed circuit television cameras, online ticketing systems and a smartphone application. Automated fare collection system is also there for commuters in the form of the Odyssey City Card.
3. New CFO of Jammu & Kashmir Bank
- Rajni Saraf has been appointed as the new Chief Financial Officer Of Jammu and Kashmir Bank.
- Jammu and Kashmir Bank is a J&K -based private sector banking and financial services company. It is a Private-owned bank with state share with its headquarters in Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir
- It is incorporated on October 1, 1938, was the first bank in the country to emerge as a state–owned bank.
4. New Brand Ambassador of Volkswagen
- Volkswagen has appointed US Football Player Alex Morgan as its Brand Ambassador.
- Alexandra Patricia Morgan Carrasco is an American soccer player. She is a forward for Orlando Pride in the National Women’s Soccer League and the United States national team.
- Volkswagen AG, known internationally as the Volkswagen Group, is a German multinational automotive manufacturing company headquartered in Wolfsburg.
- CEO: Herbert Diess
1. 46th Copa America Championship
- Host Country: Brazil
- Champions: Brazil (9th Time)
- Runners-Up: Peru
- Third Place: Argentina
- Golden Ball: Daniel Alves (Brazil)
- Golden Boot: Everton (Brazil)
- Golden Glove: A Becker (Brazil)
- Fair Play Award: Brazil
2. 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup
- Champions: United States
- Runners-up: Netherlands
- Golden Ball and Golden Boot: Megan Rapinoe of USA
- Golden Glove: Sari van Veenendaal of Netherlands
3. European Games 2019
- The 2nd European Games 2019 was held in Minsk, Belarus.
- Russia has topped the medal chart with 44 Gold Medals(Overall 109 Medals).
- 2. Belarus with 69 Medals
- 3. Ukraine with 51 Medals
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,8 July
- Daily Current Affairs: July 1
- Daily Current Affairs: July 2
- Daily Current Affairs: July 3
- Daily Current Affairs: July 4
- Daily Current Affairs: July 5
- Daily Current Affairs: July 6
- Daily Current Affairs: July 7
- Daily Current Affairs: July 8
- Daily Current Affairs: July 9
- Daily Current Affairs: July 10
- Daily Current Affairs: July 11
- Daily Current Affairs: July 12
- Daily Current Affairs: July 13
- Daily Current Affairs: July 14
- Daily Current Affairs: July 15
- Daily Current Affairs: July 16
- Daily Current Affairs: July 17
- Daily Current Affairs: July 18
- Daily Current Affairs: July 19
- Daily Current Affairs: July 20
- Daily Current Affairs: July 21
- Daily Current Affairs: July 22
- Daily Current Affairs: July 23
- Daily Current Affairs: July 24
- Daily Current Affairs: July 25
- Daily Current Affairs: July 26
- Daily Current Affairs: July 27
- Daily Current Affairs: July 28
- Daily Current Affairs: July 29
- Daily Current Affairs: July 30
- Daily Current Affairs: July 31