Daily Current Affairs 8 June 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 8 June 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 8 June 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 8 June 2019 Current affairs test.
1. NITI Aayog Vice Chairman
- PM Modi has approved the re-constitution of NITI Aayog.
- Rajiv Kumar was re-appointed as the Vice Chairman of NITI Aayog.
- The NITI Aayog is a policy think tank of the Government of India, established with the aim to achieve Sustainable Development Goals and to enhance cooperative federalism by fostering the involvement of State Governments of India in the economic policy-making process using a bottom-up approach.
- CEO: Amitabh Kant || Website: niti.gov.in || Formed: 1 January 2015
2. 5 Deputy Chief Ministers of Andhra Pradesh
- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy will appoint 5 Deputy Chief Ministers under him.
- One Deputy Chief Minister from each SC, ST, OBC, Minority and Kapu communities.
- Governor: E. S. L. Narasimhan
- Kapu refers to a social grouping of agriculturists found primarily in the southern Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. Kapus are primarily an agrarian community, forming a heterogeneous peasant caste.
3. SPICE bombs (Balakot Bombs)
- Indian Air Force has drafted Rs 300-crore deal with Israel to buy more than 100 SPICE Bombs.
- SPICE Bombs were used to attack the Madrasa of Jaish-e-Mohammed in Balakot, Pakistan.
4. Jiggs Kalra passes away
- Chef JaspalInder Singh Kalra, popularly known as Jiggs Kalra, has passed away
- Jiggs Kalra, also known as the “Czar of Indian Cuisine” and “Taste maker to the Nation”, is a pioneering food columnist and author, gastronome and food consultant.
5. New Chief Justice of the Delhi High Court
- Justice Dhirubhai Naranbhai Patel sworn in as Chief Justice of the Delhi High Court.
- The Oath was administered by Lt Governor Anil Baijal.
- The High Court of Delhi was established on 31 October 1966. The High Court of Delhi was established with four judges. They were Chief Justice K. S. Hegde, Justice I. D. Dua, Justice H. R. Khanna and Justice S. K. Kapur.
1. World Oceans Day
- World Oceans Day takes place every 8 June.
- The theme of World Oceans Day 2019 is ‘Gender and the Ocean’.
- The concept was originally proposed in 1992 by Canada’s International Centre for Ocean Development and the Ocean Institute of Canada at the Earth Summit – UN Conference on Environment and Development in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- The UN officially recognized 8 June as World Oceans Day in December 2008.
2. International Astronomical Union
- International Astronomical Union has started an Campaign ‘IAU100 NameExoWorlds’ and has asked every country in the world to name a planet outside the Solar System and its star
- Headquarters: Paris, France || Founded: 28 July 1919 || President: Ewine van Dishoeck
- The International Astronomical Union is an international association of professional astronomers, at the PhD level and beyond, active in professional research and education in astronomy.
3. President of United Nations General Assembly
- Tijjani Muhammad-Bande of Nigeria has been elected as the next President of United Nations General Assembly.
- Tijjani Muhammad-Bande is a Nigerian political scientist, administrator and career diplomat.
- He was the permanent representative of Nigeria to the United Nations and served as the Vice-President of the General Assembly during its 71st session in September 2016.
1. Azim Premji to retire
- Azim Premji will retire as Executive Chairman upon the completion of his current term on July 30.
- Azim Hashim Premji is an Indian business tycoon, investor, and philanthropist, who is the chairman of Wipro Limited. He is informally known as the Czar of the Indian IT Industry.
- His son Rishad Premji will take over as the Executive Chairman of Wipro.
- Wipro Limited is an Indian multinational corporation that provides information technology, consulting and business process services. It is headquartered in Bengaluru, Karnataka, India. In 2013, Wipro separated its non-IT businesses into separate companies.
- Abidali Neemuchwala is an Indian-American business executive, and the chief executive officer of Wipro since February 2016. Neemuchwala, who had been group president and COO of Wipro from April 2015, was appointed CEO with effect from 1 February 2016.
2. Trade between India and China
- Trade between India and China has crossed $100-billion mark in 2019 for the first time.
- This announcement was provided by India’s Ambassador to China Vikram Misri.
- President: Xi Jinping || Capital: Beijing || Currency: Renminbi
3. Committee to review ATM fee structure
- Under the chairmanship of the VG Kannan, RBI has set up a committee to review ATM fee structure.
- The Reserve Bank of India is India’s central banking institution, which controls the issuance and supply of the Indian rupee. Until the Monetary Policy Committee was established in 2016, it also controlled monetary policy in India.
- Mr. V.G. Kannan is the Chief Executive of Indian Banks’ Association (IBA).
- Indian Banks’ Association, formed on 26 September 1946 as a representative body of management of banking in India operating in India – an association of Indian banks and financial institutions based in Mumbai.
4. Exercise IndSpaceEx
- India will held its first-ever simulated space warfare exercise ‘IndSpaceEx’ in July.
- Aim :- To assess the requisite space and counter-space capabilities.
1. Lennart Johansson passes away
- Lennart Johansson was a Swedish sports official who served as the fifth and, to date, the longest serving president of UEFA, the Union of European Football Associations.
- He was instrumental behind Champions League football.
- He served in the position from his election at UEFA’s Malta Congress in 1990 until 2007.
2. 2018–19 UEFA Nations League (Football)
- The 2018–19 UEFA Nations League is the inaugural season of the UEFA Nations League, an international association football competition involving the men’s national teams of the 55 member associations of UEFA.
- The Final of 2018–19 UEFA Nations League will be played between Portugal and the Netherlands at the Estádio do Dragão in Porto.
3. 2019 King’s Cup
- The 2019 King’s Cup, will be the 47th King’s Cup, the annual international men’s football tournament organised by Football Association of Thailand.
- The King’s Cup is an international football tournament organised in Thailand by the Football Association of Thailand. The host, Thailand, is a participant in every edition.
- Winner :- Curaçao
- Runners-up :- Vietnam
- Third place :- India has defeated Thailand for the third place.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,8 June
- Daily Current Affairs: June 1
- Daily Current Affairs: June 2
- Daily Current Affairs: June 3
- Daily Current Affairs: June 4
- Daily Current Affairs: June 5
- Daily Current Affairs: June 6
- Daily Current Affairs: June 7
- Daily Current Affairs: June 8
- Daily Current Affairs: June 9
- Daily Current Affairs: June 10
- Daily Current Affairs: June 11
- Daily Current Affairs: June 12
- Daily Current Affairs: June 13
- Daily Current Affairs: June 14
- Daily Current Affairs: June 15
- Daily Current Affairs: June 16
- Daily Current Affairs: June 17
- Daily Current Affairs: June 18
- Daily Current Affairs: June 19
- Daily Current Affairs: June 20
- Daily Current Affairs: June 21
- Daily Current Affairs: June 22
- Daily Current Affairs: June 23
- Daily Current Affairs: June 24
- Daily Current Affairs: June 25
- Daily Current Affairs: June 26
- Daily Current Affairs: June 27
- Daily Current Affairs: June 28
- Daily Current Affairs: June 29
- Daily Current Affairs: June 30